570 vs pro 1200

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
570. Because i was just checking out 1200 install the other day and wasnt as impressed with it as I thought I would be. I wanted to like it but just didnt. Im probably just used to slide ins. And it took up more space then I expected. Of course it did have the water pond going out the side door also so that may have been part of why it looked so packed.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
For what I've seen the pro 1200 is a forever machine with good suck and ok heat that has good potential space savings- main pro is that it should outlasts the van( reference to white magic editions that many many have outlasted their vans). Of course this is a direct drive and I believe is a bit quieter operAting noise level, with the low regular maintenance of only having one engine vs two.

The 570ss is a slide in with (Jim Martins review and from using one a couple of hours) unending heat and really good suck. Good engine and good blower with a great water pump. Pros vs the pro 1200 is less wear on the van as the slide in has its own power plant operating somewhere in the 1-1.5 gph range and like stated above I have not heard of a sapphire slide in that does not have crazy heat.

Has a solid proven blower that creates enough suck for two wands without crazy long hose runs.

Really depends on if you want a slide in or tpo and if you need crazy heat or if you can live with good heat.

Really want to know which way you end up going with. Either you can't go to wrong.

Reactions: Russ T.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
yeah im feeling the need to upgrade, since im getting a new van in the spring. would like to have something bigger than my rage. however I am kicking ass with my rage. just imagine what I could do with a bigger machine.

really would like the option to duel wand. what makes the pro 1200 so appealing to me is the fact that I could run it in the cold weather. as where I am it gets at least a few weeks every winter where the temps dip down into the single or negatives. leaning towards the pro1200 but im not sure yet. its a lot of money.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I think what Marty is meaning that no news doesn't necessarily mean good news. If people love their units they will often post of this fact. But, if most guys are having issues they may not post of that fact. Some will but most won't.

Reactions: hogjowl

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
What do you value the most?

Ease of operation and maintenance or crazy heat?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Ignore Marty.
I just got a new Pro 1200. Good machine. As previous posters said, you cannot compare Pro 1200 to the 570. You can compare it to a CDS or a Butler.

It produces plenty of heat and suction.Given I am not a fire breather fan. Psi control is a work in progress as unlike the CDS it does not have a water box, so it will not go lower than about 275 psi. Also controlling the dwire (solution) meter is hard when machine is in medium (it has low,medium,& hi). I can and do work with all doors locked (hole in side door step (not in door.)

Design is not super space saver as in the CDS, however once I got it figured out and put everything in it's right place, I pretty much got almost as much space as the CDS (my other van). Plenty of storage room in a non extended Chevy. I do have the L recovery tank + electric hose reel. No solution reel or water pond.

Hope this helps.

If you have to compare it, I also had a ProChem Apex which is a slide in, pretty similar to the 570. The Apex was a good machine. However, in the city I much prefer a PTO, but then I've been using PTO's for the last 25 years. You know the deal about old dogs and new tricks, right?

Last edited:
Name
Tom McLaughlin
We use the Pro-1200 for our fleet operations, bullet proof, super easy to use for our summer help college kids.

If I were an individual owner / operator, I would lean towards the 570 due to the gas savings, just a touch more heat, but you have extra engine which requires maintenance.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
ok. well either one would fit my business. but I would want a large waste tank and onboard water, either being a water pond or a hydrowell like I currently have. saves so much time its totally worth it.

as for maintenance they are both comparable, changing oil in the van is just at easy as the tm.

Jim Pemberton has a 570 sitting on his showroom floor and its very impressive. other than the waste tank option for the pro 1200 they both look like they would take up the same space if they had 120 gallon waste tanks.

whats the best heat your getting on the pro 1200?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I rather like the fire breathers, I do a lot of nasty apartments and restaurants and it would help when the weather outside if frightful. haha

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
570 will probably be much hotter and more capable of dual wands but like your current TM you have the machine on top of you, unless you install it in a box.

The CDS would be simpler to run and maintain and less heat and fumes but you won't have the heat or the brute power.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Hook your Hoss up to the 570 and you will never look back...............

P9290963_zps672ac59b.jpg

P9290960_zpscae6a213.jpg

P9290961_zpse0f36055.jpg

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Jim how many feet of hose u run? Ever duel wand? How hott does it get?
How do you have those hose reels mounted on the side like that?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Jim how many feet of hose u run? Ever duel wand? How hott does it get?
How do you have those hose reels mounted on the side like that?

I am running apprx 150 of 2inch and 50 foot of 2.5 inch..........

I don't duel wand...If a job is that big I would much rather take both trucks....I don't like one truck stuck in one spot all the time...

I can have all the heat I want....and then some...and this machine can maintain it...

P5060225_zps2e0774aa.jpg

I made my own stand for those reels....top is a live fresh water and the bottom is a live APO....

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
How many hrs u got on it? Any problems? Motor run smooth? Ever wonder why the 460 has a bigger motor than the 570?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I don't know how many hours are on it...its out working right now...I can check when it come in.......

I had water box problem but it has been solved and I have not had any issues with it since......

Nice smooth machine...not as load as some slide ins..

never gave the 460 any thought so I can't compare the 2........

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I wasn't compairing machines, just the fact that the 460 has a 35 hp engine and the 570 only has a 31hp. wonder why.

what was the water box problem? did sapphire fix it for you?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I'm pretty sure the 460 is an air cooled and the 570 is water cooled. The few horsepower difference is meaningless.

The blower doesn't know the difference. And the vac reliefe (like kunkle) also makes it irrelevant how one has a couple hp less.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

hogjowl

Idiot™
Ignore Marty.
I just got a new Pro 1200. Good machine. As previous posters said, you cannot compare Pro 1200 to the 570. You can compare it to a CDS or a Butler.

It produces plenty of heat and suction.Given I am not a fire breather fan. Psi control is a work in progress as unlike the CDS it does not have a water box, so it will not go lower than about 275 psi. Also controlling the dwire (solution) meter is hard when machine is in medium (it has low,medium,& hi). I can and do work with all doors locked (whole in side door step (not in door.)

Design is not super space saver as in the CDS, however once I got it figured out and put everything in it's right place, I pretty much got almost as much space as the CDS (my other van). Plenty of storage room in a non extended Chevy. I do have the L recovery tank + electric hose reel. No solution reel or water pond.

Hope this helps.

If you have to compare it, I also had a ProChem Apex which is a slide in, pretty similar to the 570. The Apex was a good machine. However, in the city I much prefer a PTO, but then I've been using PTO's for the last 25 years. You know the deal about old dogs and new tricks, right?

Why in the world would you not spend the tiny bit of extra money for a solution reel?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL

I AM working! :madd:

I have a BIG fat payroll to finish and then I have to pay bills......... and then after all of that...slash my wrists. :errf:

Man I hate pay day! :winky:

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Everyone thinks a carpet cleaner ( or other business owner ) is not working if the truck is parked at home or office. I think we have to rent space in a office building to convince them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom