570 vs pro 1200

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Wouldn't that be like me paying someone to clean carpet for me......:eekk:

Never mind! :p

It is part of what I do and only takes minutes most of the time. It was a big week for emergency work so most guys had On Call Bonus's, Overtime, Doubletime and that takes me longer. :icon_neutral:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Why in the world would you not spend the tiny bit of extra money for a solution reel?

At times it is challenging to relate to a doofus like you Mardie, but I'll make an effort.

Not buying the reel for a solution hose had nothing to do with cost. I know, you judge others by your own character (what else could you do, it's lonely out there at red-neck-ville.) I did it to maximize storage. Saving space, Mardie. Saving space.

The same reason that I got the L shape recovery tank and not the larger side tank, same reason I did not get a water pond, same reason I got a very large shelving unit on one side so that I can store my portable, zipper, backup wand, a floor machine, large yellow ramp for pedestrians, a zillion upholstery tools etc.
And still have room to carry oriental rugs, while working with a locked van.

I am heartened though Piglet that you paid that close attention to every detail of my post. What a mensch?! It is very comforting to know that despite the fact that you are a "Very Small Animal" of a generally timid disposition, you try to be brave and on occasion conquer your fears.

And I know how much you appreciate this, so there we go-----------:winky:

Ooops ..... P.S. I don't have a reel for the water hose. Just imagine the savings on that one!
Shall I go ahead and explain why?

Last edited:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I haven't seen anything at all to think Ofer is cheap actually I think he spends a lot more than I would if I were him.

He has has a new sprinter van with an apex that had to cost a lot he always is trying to buy the best tools for HIS business that I have seen, I don't think he is cheap At all.

Now he is particularly different about all of his tools and how he wants to use them, I will say that but I think that stems from his experience and how he likes to work.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Justin to be honest I have no idea. When I bought the 2014 GMC I got the smaller engine. The 1200's that Sapphire had installed up to that point were all in the vans with the 6.0. so the rpm were set for that. They failed to consider what would happen if it was installed in the vans with smaller engines. What happened was not much heat. So they bumped it up and it was fine

J

JS41035

I wonder if the higher rpm of a 4.8. Burns about the same fuel as. 6.0. I know the 5.7 burns it up at about 1650.

Mikey P

Administrator
When I scale back and just clean for beer and bike parts, the P1200 will be at the top of my short list.

I'll need it in a 4x4 van of course.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'm going to have to make up my mind by December. Right now I am leaning towards Butler or the Hydramaster 4.8. I don't trust Sapphire. They remind me of Prochem. Mystical, silent and detached from the roots of our industry (us). We see nothing from them, and even the two or three Pro 1200 owners that we are aware of are largely silent until they are reluctantly drawn out of the shadows. (With the lone single exception of the lunitic Hebrew we have posting here.) Where is the passion that we see out of Butler owners?

While largely detached themselves, Butler has a loyal following here that has been built out of decades of reliable experience. The shortcomings of their units are well known to us. We are capable of making an educated decision based off of known facts regarding them. The posters here who advocate their units are well known and respected. I can be sure of what I know when I think of Butler. If it were not for the lack of space, I'd already own a Butler.

Hydramaster is also a tried and true company. They are part of our community. While not active, they are here answering questions when asked. I appreciate that. Their shortcomings are also known. I know what there is to know. There are no surprises with Hydramaster. I don't have to worry about van engine size mistakes made by inexperienced distributors. Their units are sold and installed by well known and respected distributors. (Not in Alabama though.)

While I would love to continue to give my business to TCS, their offerings are Cleanco and Sapphire. If I decide to continue to support them, it will only be because of my total trust in their integrity. It won't be based on any trust or respect for the two units they offer. I know nothing about Cleanco. I might as well be buying a Sapphire, except for the fact that at least I have a distributor I can trust in TCS.

I am basically buying long distance. The distributor network in Alabama is poor. The closest reliable distributor is in Atlanta. 3 hours away. I have been successful dealing with Truck Mounts and Cleaning Solutions in Atlanta over all these years simply because their slide in units are so DARN DEPENDABLE! I can't imagine stepping out on a limb and purchasing a direct drive unit from two unknown mfgs, having potential issues, and having to drive 3 hours and have a unit down for days. When direct drives have issues, I am told they are major. Few and far between, but major. I don't want to have to drive three hours with a major issue, and wait days.

If I am going to have to buy long distance, and be supported long distance, Butler is probably the logical choice. They've been supporting countless cleaners long distance for years. I never hear anyone complaining about their support.

The one reason I am considering Hydramaster is because of their compact design. The space available in their units is a HUGE plus. May be even enough to overcome their weak shaft and the fact that I would have to be supported by Jon-Don in Atlanta. 3 freaking hours away. Hydramaster does have two local, Alabama, distributors. I hear they do. I never seen anything from them. Don't know them. Don't even know of, or read anything from any of their buyers. They might as well not be in business as far as I can tell. Again ... the great unknown.

Don't horse laugh me out of here if I show up next spring with a Sapphire Pro 1200 or a Cleanco 47 ... because the love I have for all things TCS is huge. Loyalty for me is a very important factor. They've been loyal to me, and I them.

But right now ... I'm leaning elsewhere.

Reluctantly ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark Saiger

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Why don't you call Butler and see if they are willing to work with you on a space saving design for your specific van.

(With the lone single exception of the lunitic Hebrew we have posting here.)

Lunatic, you doof not lunitic. Your spelling mistakes are giving me a tic :winky:

And in a period of about five years you're on your what, third machine? What the hack are you doing to these machines?
My first Cds lasted 12 years and so did the second that is still working.
Any of those machines will be great. And with your mechanical skills it sounds like Butler may work better. That is if you can have them work with you on a better design.

Can anyone think of the slightest reason why Butler may decline? :hopeless:

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
2 of my favorite guys on the board....Ofer and Marty....I know...don't egg them on....

Have met Ofer (which was great by the way!)....haven't had the chance to meet Marty yet (looking forward to that day)

But between all the BS and banter you could say....just love reading their posts.....

And Ofer has a great accent :) (Says a guy from Northern MN)

Mikey's Board still has some of the best CHARACTERS :)

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
I'm going to have to make up my mind by December. Right now I am leaning towards Butler or the Hydramaster 4.8. I don't trust Sapphire. They remind me of Prochem. Mystical, silent and detached from the roots of our industry (us). We see nothing from them, and even the two or three Pro 1200 owners that we are aware of are largely silent until they are reluctantly drawn out of the shadows. (With the lone single exception of the lunitic Hebrew we have posting here.) Where is the passion that we see out of Butler owners?

While largely detached themselves, Butler has a loyal following here that has been built out of decades of reliable experience. The shortcomings of their units are well known to us. We are capable of making an educated decision based off of known facts regarding them. The posters here who advocate their units are well known and respected. I can be sure of what I know when I think of Butler. If it were not for the lack of space, I'd already own a Butler.

Hydramaster is also a tried and true company. They are part of our community. While not active, they are here answering questions when asked. I appreciate that. Their shortcomings are also known. I know what there is to know. There are no surprises with Hydramaster. I don't have to worry about van engine size mistakes made by inexperienced distributors. Their units are sold and installed by well known and respected distributors. (Not in Alabama though.)

While I would love to continue to give my business to TCS, their offerings are Cleanco and Sapphire. If I decide to continue to support them, it will only be because of my total trust in their integrity. It won't be based on any trust or respect for the two units they offer. I know nothing about Cleanco. I might as well be buying a Sapphire, except for the fact that at least I have a distributor I can trust in TCS.

I am basically buying long distance. The distributor network in Alabama is poor. The closest reliable distributor is in Atlanta. 3 hours away. I have been successful dealing with Truck Mounts and Cleaning Solutions in Atlanta over all these years simply because their slide in units are so DARN DEPENDABLE! I can't imagine stepping out on a limb and purchasing a direct drive unit from two unknown mfgs, having potential issues, and having to drive 3 hours and have a unit down for days. When direct drives have issues, I am told they are major. Few and far between, but major. I don't want to have to drive three hours with a major issue, and wait days.

If I am going to have to buy long distance, and be supported long distance, Butler is probably the logical choice. They've been supporting countless cleaners long distance for years. I never hear anyone complaining about their support.

The one reason I am considering Hydramaster is because of their compact design. The space available in their units is a HUGE plus. May be even enough to overcome their weak shaft and the fact that I would have to be supported by Jon-Don in Atlanta. 3 freaking hours away. Hydramaster does have two local, Alabama, distributors. I hear they do. I never seen anything from them. Don't know them. Don't even know of, or read anything from any of their buyers. They might as well not be in business as far as I can tell. Again ... the great unknown.

Don't horse laugh me out of here if I show up next spring with a Sapphire Pro 1200 or a Cleanco 47 ... because the love I have for all things TCS is huge. Loyalty for me is a very important factor. They've been loyal to me, and I them.

But right now ... I'm leaning elsewhere.

Reluctantly ...

Marty
Since it seems you want to hear from us on this subject, even though you don't trust us. Here you go.,,,.,,
Please do us all a favor and choose one of our competitors products. I can't see you ever being satisfied.

As for why you don't hear from a ton of Sapphire TM owners it's because they are out enjoying the profits generated by their Sapphire truckmounts, Dri-Eaz water damage equipment, as well as Unsmoke, Microban and Chemspec chemicals.

Oh and as a final comment Legend Brands have been in the industry for over 34 years and unlike our competitors are run by folks with real world experience

Enjoy the rest of your summer

hogjowl

Idiot™
So, the Butler guys are here because they're not enjoying profits?

I agree with you though. Your response closely mirrors the attitude shown by your Utah representative, so I can't see me being happy with your company.

I'm certain your Atlanta representative doesn't appreciate that you've decided he shouldn't receive my money.

Reactions: joey895
Name
BradFenstermaker
WOW! Really hope that display of response is a joke.
Every one of us has a few Pita clients. If they make us money,we try to accommodate them with the best service we can provide right??

Marty I don't think you could go wrong with keeping TCS in the Admiral family.

You and I both know you will get the customer service you need buying anything from them.

I like slide ins and wouldn't mind trying that 570 out someday.

I understand your reservations too.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
As much as I enjoy Marty, Bill is the smartest businessman I've met next to Ken Snow.

Even if he won't make me a clear head upholstery tool.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Marty, will not be happy with any DD unit.. Well played Bill!

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'm wanting to get away from slide ins due to the heat. A Sapphire slide in may cut down some on the heat, since it won't have a #4 propane heater in the back, but I'll still have the lawnmower engine heat. Plus, with the Sapphire slide in, just like the Prochem units, you have everything crammed into a small space. Having a problem and driving the TCS and having them fix it in a day would be out. Heck, it'd take that long to get into the thing and find out the problem, much less repair it.

The only reason I am slightly hesitant to purchase the direct drives that TCS sells is because:

Cleanco is out of Canada. How long would it take to get repair parts to Atlanta?

Sapphire (Pro 1200) is a great unknown ... as described above.

If I wanted another slide in, there is no question that I would simply go up to TCS and purchase one.

I may still end up there anyway.

But, Jon-Don is right around the corner with the 4.8, and all that lovely space and proven track record.

And ... Butler wants my business and they're used to long distance pita customers.

What's a drama queen to do?

Mikey P

Administrator
Because I don't want two slide ins in a cab over for dual wanding.

I was this close_ to ordering a P1200 when my son could not get his head around running single only.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I have an old White Magic Pro1200 and it has been super reliable, especially considering it's age but it's getting to be time to think about a replacement. I'm thinking about February for me. It would seem like a no brainer to go with another Pro1200, since I'm already somewhat familiar with them and like Marty I have no local distributor to deal with so I need reliable and easy to fix. That being said something just rubs me the wrong way about how that company operates so I am definitely exploring other options as well.

TCS and Judson are high on my list if I decide to go slide in. Butler and Hydramaster are high on my list if I decide on a CDS. A pro1200 is still a possibility if I decide it's just heads and shoulders above the others after all I don't want to make a bad purchase based solely on a bad gut feeling.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Marty,
As big a fan as you are of TCS, and as much as you like their service/support, pick one of the 2 direct drives you mentioned.

You would be happy with either and you'd rest easy knowing that TCS will handle it for you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom