A big SHOUT OUT to Greenie!!!

Devin Munroe

I want to thank Greenie for helping me pimp my TM's.

We have a 2007 Butler and a SteamWay PowerMatic. With Greenies help I have pimped them both out.

The results; Went from 4 to 8 hour dry times to 1 to 3 hour dry times, depending on humidity.

I am always leary about manufactures promoting the next and greatest. After all they are selling something.

Greenie is in the business of making TM's perform better. So if his mods don't work he will go out of business, plain and simple. I'm here to tell you that they work, hands down, end of story.

It is great to finally have someone that you can actually call and talk to about making what you have better. Greenie isn't trying to sell you a new piece of equipment, because yours sucks (or doesn't suck enough). Greenie askes what you have and tells you how to modify it to make it better.

I called about making my Butler better and our PowerMatic came up in the conversation. Greenie then informs me that PowerMatics are easy and simple to mod and get GREAT results and he wasn't lying.

Yesterday I called Greenie and ordered new solution hoses for my PowerMatic, we have been using Goodyear Neptune for years. I'm looking forward to using the new solution hose.

THANKS GREENIE!!!! It was and is a pleasure doing business with you!!!

CarpetQueen

Good Morning!
My first time on....
I have a Steamway Powermatic 2100. I am curious about your modification. What did you do?
Mine is REALLY noisy! I have had a few clients comment on how loud it is and I agree. It becomes a very noticeable problem when working in the upscale neighborhoods like the local country club or when working at high end Hotels.

Devin Munroe

We changed out the hose. Went to 2.5 vac hose, 1st 50 ft. then 2 inch to the wand, no 1.5 whip.

As far as sound, we had spray foam sprayed into the van interior walls and ceiling. It helps deaden the sound and insulates at the same time.

Mark Azevedo

My uncle Al says greenie is way ahead of our time in the carpet cleaning biz and to keep my eyes on anything he is involved with.. Thanks Al

CarpetQueen

Devin,
Interesting. I have 2" diameter hose (300' or 250'), then 1.5" whip (50' or 100'). So... increasing the hose diameter increased vacuum volume and strength thereby increasing moisture recovery from carpet and decreasing dry times??
Any difficulty handling the 2' diam. hose at the wand? Loss of flexibility/ movement/access, etc??
Are you doing water recovery/restoration work or strictly cleaning carpets? I am wondering if this would be a good thing for me to do. I am not involved in the flood/restoration arena. But, reducing dry times would certainly be a positive move and would please the client.

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
I have the PM and I must say that I have made all the necessary mods. Top of my list is the 15 " Bayco Valve (three minute install), cap off the front vacuum port and mount a sweeping elbow into the wastetank lid, 2.5 hose to a 2" for a whip (left mine at 50 '). All accessories can be and was purchased from the man, Greenie. The mods made my machine a cleaning monster. As far as noise, I installed a Magnaflow silencer coming off the silencer off the blower. It replaced the aluminum exhaust pipe to the front panel. It reduced the high pitched whine. If I ever buy a new Pm the first thing I would do is order the above listed parts. Trust me.

Devin Munroe

We do both carpet cleaning and water restoration. I fought taking my 1.5" whip vac hose off my wand for years. Greenie now has a 2" super flex vac hose that you attach to the wand. It is a lot more flexible than a standard 2'. You do lose a little in access verses the 1.5", but the gain in CFM which translates to dry times is incredible.

If you want to get the 1 to 2 hour dry times. Use the 2.5 inch from the TM for the first 50. Then reduce down to 2". And use the 2" super flex on the wand. Greenie sales a 2" wand with all the bells and whistles. It has a 2" down tube, and a 14" head. I know it sound heavy but it isn't that much heavier than the SteamWay wand and the performance is wonderful. A bigger cleaning path, 5 jets and 1 to 2 hour dry times. The Greenie wand is a well balanced tool that is a must for anyone serious about cleaning carpet and making VERY HAPPY CHEERLEADERS!!!

Name
steve snail
Ditto on the 2.5 vac hose and 2" greenie wand. I was leery that the 2" wand 14" wide would be too much to handle. Wrong. It screams and is as easy to use as my old 1.5.

F

FB7777

when I first hooked up my 2.5 hose to the Butler filter box on Jeff's recommendation and connected a 2 inch hose to the Greenhorn wand I thought I upgraded to a Vortex

put me in the butt kiss category Luddy :shock:

F

FB7777

I have the 210 waste tank and carry 75 feet on the reel 50 foot 2.5 and a 25 foot 2 inch section

I have another 25 foot section draped over the solution line so it is the same amount that I always carry "on the reel"

With the 110 tank you can have more than 75 feet on the reel because there is more clearance, not sure how much tho, you'd have to ask Greenie or another Butler guy

Greenie

live reel is only 1.8" inside...why would you put up with a bottle neck like that on a2.5"- 3" blower port?

Most guys yank the 2.5 hose off the reel feed and hook to it direct.

That lil' bit is free.

Brian L

Name
Brian L
If I can put 200' of 2 inch hose on my hose reel.....how much can I put on the same reel with 50' of 2 1/2' on the reel also?

150' total?

Greenie

pretty close

but can you really get 200' of 2" on butler reel?

most guys that put 150' of 2" on a reel get 100' of 2.5" on the same reel.

Brian L

Name
Brian L
Greenie, it is a White Magic reel. So was the filter box. All I know is I have 200' on it and it is electric (I like electric).

Greenie

oh...WM reel...you are definitely better off that the butler fellas, you might get 100' of the 2.5" on there but might not get all 50' of the 2".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom