Acid based prespray?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Actually, those weighted plates that come with those would be perfect to strap on my wand. I’ll consider ordering a few of those

Tom Forsythe

I would also consider post spraying with a bacteria product. Bacteria multiplies when contacting a food source. The wide spectrum bacteria that we use will produce a variety of enzymes to break down and digest contaminates. Since it multiplies you can dilute further than recommended to meet your cost structure and it will do the job over a few days rather than overnight with stronger dilutions.

You also might consider using Flex Ice as a pre-spray at a 1 to 32 dilution with a pH around 3 or as a rinse at 1 to 640 with soft water at a pH of 5.0. It has a pair of degreasing surfactants along with rinse agents that will more readily carry away the globs of contiminants than water alone. It will be more cost effective than the Urine Neutralizer previously mentioned at a 1 to 4 dilution. You could use the Urine Neutralizer on the worst areas and the Flex Ice for the rest of the area. Let us know how it works out.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I would also consider post spraying with a bacteria product. Bacteria multiplies when contacting a food source. The wide spectrum bacteria that we use will produce a variety of enzymes to break down and digest contaminates. Since it multiplies you can dilute further than recommended to meet your cost structure and it will do the job over a few days rather than overnight with stronger dilutions.

You also might consider using Flex Ice as a pre-spray at a 1 to 32 dilution with a pH around 3 or as a rinse at 1 to 640 with soft water at a pH of 5.0. It has a pair of degreasing surfactants along with rinse agents that will more readily carry away the globs of contiminants than water alone. It will be more cost effective than the Urine Neutralizer previously mentioned at a 1 to 4 dilution. You could use the Urine Neutralizer on the worst areas and the Flex Ice for the rest of the area. Let us know how it works out.
I did do a post spray with a bacterial product.

And I’ll order some ice before the next job comes up. If you feel that it’ll break down the urine salts and suspend the leftover soil, it’s worth trying

But before I get this stuff, did you ever improve that sulfur smell? I used it as a rinse one time and it stunk. If it still smells the same, do you have a similar product that smells good? Keep in mind, I’m fighting the smell of a pig barn st this place

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
they wouldn't hire me, Matt
I'd have no problem telling them they're idiots and they'd have to sign a waiver

300 f'in pigs :icon_rolleyes:

..L.T.A.
You're such a GOOBER! Almost every county that has FFA at their high school, has one of these setups

And some of the wealthiest people (cattle owners) go to these events. Of course they want it to smell the best it can possibly smell. It still smelled like a barn after I left. But the ammonia odor was gone when I was finished. That is their goal.

Last edited:

Tom Forsythe

I did do a post spray with a bacterial product.
And I’ll order some ice before the next job comes up. If you feel that it’ll break down the urine salts and suspend the leftover soil, it’s worth trying
But before I get this stuff, did you ever improve that sulfur smell? I used it as a rinse one time and it stunk. If it still smells the same, do you have a similar product that smells good? Keep in mind, I’m fighting the smell of a pig barn st this place

All acids, including Flex Ice, neutralize the alkaline salts to the degree of acid concentration in the formula along with ammonia odors. Ammonia has a pH of about 12. If you reduce the pH to <9 the ammonia odor goes away. We did mitigate the odor of Flex Ice to some degree, but in situations where you are dealing with bad odors it should not be of great concern. The non-ionic surfactants of Flex Ice break down lipids and aid penetration. Rinse agents will carry away contaminants more readily than water alone.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The non-ionic surfactants of Flex Ice break down lipids and aid penetration.

is that like "wetting agents", Tom?

and would there be any "penetration" on cheap plastic turf like that?

thanks

Matt, I appreciate your dedication to the trade, I really do:rockon:
but I think you're pi$$ing in the wind trying to make an indoor corral right.
especially for the $600-$700 (wild azz guess) they'll pay

only pigs we have in schools up here, (quadruped type anyway) are in the form of those crappy things in the cafeteria they call a "rib sandwich"

bbq-pork-rib-sandwich.jpg

..L.T.A.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
In my area, you've gotta clean where the money is. And sometimes we have to show some humility in that not all of us live in a high dollar area to pick and choose who to clean for.

With that aside, I feel that my current method worked just fine, because they're very happy with how it turned out. I'm just looking for a more affordable and efficient way to clean it up. And your numbers were on par with the cost

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
In my area, you've gotta clean where the money is. And sometimes we have to show some humility in that not all of us live in a high dollar area to pick and choose who to clean for.

I can dig it, Junior
I've been a BD all my life

I'm just looking for a more affordable and efficient way to clean it

oxidizers dude
and plenty of it

Efficient ??
borrow Porkie's Zipper
pour a gal of deo de jour in your mix tank
and rock 'n roll, Kid

and drop a half dozen fans too!!!
(if you're not already leaving airmovers over night..DOIT!!!)

.L.T.A.

Tom Forsythe

is that like "wetting agents", Tom?
and would there be any "penetration" on cheap plastic turf like that?

Surfactants are wetting agents among other things. Water has a surface tension (relates to chemical) of around 72 dynes/cm and the addition of surfactants will bring it below 25 dynes/cm. Carpets fibers that we typically clean (wool, nylon, polyester) have surface energy (relates to the fiber, tile, stone, etc.)in the 40 to 50 dynes/cm range. Water and some alkaline builders do not readily wet the fibers, but the addition of surfactant aids that process. Some fibers absorb liquid so that you get better penetration, but soils can bond to the surface of plastic that can be more readily removed with wetting agents. Penetration also means to the depth or backing of the carpet which is porous in most of these synthetic grass carpets.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dolly Llama

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Although i'd be tempted to throw an oxidiser in for an initial clean, I dont know if i'd do it for subsequent cleans if your putting down a live biological post? you dont want to knockback your bug population unneccesarily if you can help. If that was a vineyard I could give full tech support on probiotics :winky: I'll defer to Tom..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom