Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Jim i dislike Carpet Cleaners who advertise

"lowest Price guaranteed"

They Really mean

"worst cleaning with laundry detergent you will ever have"
AKA "don't know what I'm doing"

I actually like outlandish claims. They usually are the ones who deliver poor quality and create a bigger need for my company. In other words the worse they are in anything in the short run, including advertising, the better we look in the long run! :D

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
1. Fear-based ads, especially those featuring enlarged dust mites, etc. and proclaiming their method the only "safe" method.

2. Ads denigrating other methods.

3. Ads proclaiming they "sanitize" the carpet.

Take care,
Lisa

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
WHat irks me most is plain ignorant advertising, ie Joe the Carpet Cleaner saying that jet-like vacuum and high pressure water will damage carpet, Cleanpro talking about Kawasaki Syn etc
Teri-Towel and his bs.

This would fall under fear based marketing.

BTW I have no problem with Ethical Services. I pay a fee to join BNI, BBB, IICRC Cert Firm, each one has a code of ethics that I commit to following. If I don't follow those ethics I get kicked off the list. So paying to have a listing anywhere that requires I follow a code of ethics seems ethical to me.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
fear based marketing

"you and you family will die a slow and horrible death unless you use "our" safe green chems and process"

Chem-lie.
Just about about everything those slugs say

marketing that suggests all the other outfits aren't qualified

..L.T.A.

nickreal

"most thorough cleaning EVER or it's free" gets on my nerves. Every other cleaning truck I see out here has that slogan on it.

I guess these guys can only clean for someone once.
The second time they clean for someone they have to outdo themselves and if they do then they lied the first time.

At least say "most thorough cleaning you've had until the next time we show up".

Cameron1

Ron wrote,

BTW I have no problem with Ethical Services. I pay a fee to join BNI, BBB, IICRC Cert Firm, each one has a code of ethics that I commit to following. If I don't follow those ethics I get kicked off the list. So paying to have a listing anywhere that requires I follow a code of ethics seems ethical to me.

Imagine that ! One of the most profound statements ever made on this board about Ethical Services. Finally, some one who gets it.

Name
Kevin McCreary
I always like
"An area is defined as a room, hall staircase or walk in closet or any area up to 250 square feet.
L-shaped rooms or combined living areas over 250 square feet count as an additional area.
Extra charge for ber-ber,stainmaster, loose back cushions, and specialty fabrics.
Our deluxe double clean process is recommended on carpets you actually want clean at an additional $10 per room.
Scotchgard and deodorizer available at an additional cost. Ask our scrub contractor for details.
Offer not valid on days ending in "Y". A Trip charge applies to all outlying areas.
Not good with any other offer. Cash value of 1/20 cents.
Visa Mastercard American Express Discover and S**RS Charge Welcome."

-JB-

Name
JB
For the record, the "new" Sears guy does have quiet a hurdle to jump, but in fairness, I heard he runs a good co., and I rather see his current adds than the two rooms and a hall for 29.95 of the "old" Sears franchisees.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
LOL Kevin that sounds just like Sears ads.

Scott- will need Sunny's confirmation before agreeing to call you Big Banana :-)

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Fear based really bothers me. I love those Bi-O-Kleen ads in the mag.....

"Is cancer in your future?"

**** those guys.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
steve said:
Ron wrote,

Imagine that ! One of the most profound statements ever made on this board about Ethical Services. Finally, some one who gets it.

Of course BNI, BB, etc. do not profess to have PRE-SCREENED the providers...BNI is just a networking group, it doesn't market to the public...and the BBB is a pile of crap which does little more than take your money, the IICRC is a certification body which requires you to pass tests and exhibit a certain level of proficiency. Where does ES fit in here?

Take care,
Lisa

Tony Neville

Name
Tony Neville
It seems to me that the people who claim to have ethics DON'T and the people who do have ethics never even think about it they just live that way.

Tony

timnelson

I happen to think Ethical Services is an outstanding resource. Why, just the other day I looked up a company on their website. Of the three testimonials featured, I recognized one was the owner's wife and another was an employee.

Keep up the good work!

Cameron1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ron wrote,

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Steve your just too damn easy to piss off!

ALL YOU'LL EVER BE IS JOE PEE PEE'S MINI ME!

PS. Nobody goes to the eThICALsERViCES web site anyway.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I was thinking about the comments about ES, BBB, BNI, IICRC Cert Firms.

Yes, anyone can join for a price.
BNI may be a networking group but there is still a strict code of ethics that one agrees to when they join and they can be kicked out as easily as they joined.
Apparently the BBB has heard the cry of the critics and they are changing the way they assess members. Hopefully they police it a lot better.
Cert Firms, the criteria is to have insurance, have cert in the field you want to work in, and have enough money. I would imagine there are quite a few Cert Firms that aren't ethical.
ES, you agree to abide by a code of ethics in order to join. I don't know how it is policed or if it is.
Hec, even this board has a code of ethics, and it costs $60 to join.

Unfortunately there is probably one unethical cleaner for every ethical one. People need some where to look, somewhere to thin the herd. Fortunately, most unethical cleaners wouldn't even be bothered to join all these organizations. I would think every ethical cleaner would love to have a place to list their name. Gee, it only cost me about $40, one time fee, to have my name listed. How much have I wasted on coffee?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
BNI has the most pre-screening process of them all.

I think BBB does some checking before accepting them. I think they are doing a lot more checking now.

We all know about the IICRC Cert Firm process.

I'm not sure how someone would join if they just came across Ethical Services. I was at a bootcamp when they started the site and I signed up there. Only Piranha members even knew the site existed for the longest time. And as far as I know there aren't too many unethical cleaners attending a JP bootcamp or even being a member, they would never spend the money, so the crowd was prescreened via attendance.
Again, Ethical Services is probably the hardest to police.

Name
R.J. Povio
JB,

I agree 100% with the new advertising. I wasn't saying that the "new Sears guys" did a bad job. He did a good job before he went with the franchise, so I would expect more of the same as him being Sears.

Name
Kevin McCreary
K-Mart Carpet cleaning. They should put a blue light on top of their vans.

That's one company that has an identity crisis. First the trucks where aqua and

white, then they where red and white, then they where brown and white,

now they are blue and white. "There's more for your life at Sears" then

"come see the softer side of Sears" Then, hell just throw in the towel

And get absorbed by K-Mart who just came out of a Bankruptcy less than

14 months prior? " I want that on the side of my Carpet truck!!!"

danpauselius

I hate that ad that says, "We'll get your carpets sparkling clean or we'll buy you new carpet ... guaranteed"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom