Am I being a good dad?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
My parents did a terrible job at bringing me and my siblings in their drama, and that didn't come out very well. Both of them lost a lot of respect from us during our teen years. What you're doing now is going to make life so much better in the future with your relationship between you and your son.

I grew up in a split home and looking back my dad bit his tongue so much that I'm surprised he has any left. My mom wasn't a good mom and absent a good part of my life. Being a kid and wanting to be around my mom I held her on a pedestal even though my dad and grandparents were the ones raising me. It was much later in life in high school that I put it all together. Growing up I told myself I won't be like my dad but turns around I'm exactly like him that I catch myself doing things he did and said. Now I realize just how big his shoes are to fill and I respect my dad even more now. I do have an okay relationship with my mom today but not nearly as close to her as I am with my dad. One day I hope my son looks back and "gets it" just like I have.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom