and so it begins...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We had some fierce wind with subzero temps yesterday and I figured we would get a water loss or two from it.

First call came in at 8:30 this AM, commercial loss. Deep water in a basement offices several inches under water and 2-foot of standing water in one pump room.

We send (6) tech's, two TM's and two flood pumpers. The difficult part is that it is in our downtown and we can't just pump it outside without creating an ice slick hazard because its 10° this AM. :eekk:

Chillers on the roof broke and the chiller told the system it needed more water. :eekk::eekk::eekk:

The drain pan filled up and sent it down to the outside drain & pump. That pit filled up with 5-foot of water and put pressure on a basement window until the whole bottom level of the building flooded.

Just sent another crew to another one. Residential, multi floor loss.

Its getting crazy here!!! :arrrr:

Last edited by a moderator:

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
We had some fierce wind with subzero temps yesterday and I figured we would get a water loss or two from it.

First call came in at 8:30 this AM, commercial loss. Deep water in a basement offices several inches under water and 2-foot of standing water in one pump room.

We send (6) tech's, two TM's and two flood pumpers. The difficult part is that it is in our downtown and we can't just pump it outside without creating an ice slick hazard because its 10° this AM. :eekk:

Chillers on the roof broke and the chiller told the system it needed more water. :eekk::eekk::eekk:

The drain pan filled up and sent it down to the outside drain & pump. That pit filled up with 5-foot of water and put pressure on a basement window until the whole bottom level of the building flooded.

Just sent another crew to another one. Residential, multi floor loss.

Its getting crazy here!!! :arrrr:
Go get em!
We hit 12 degrees tonight. Oddly we re covered up anyways. Did 3400sf basement with 4" standing water last night. I love this time of year!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Its a crazy time, that's for sure.

Its made tougher because we were already busy this week, a couple of mold jobs in progress, a couple of fires and some cleaning at a country club and sorority but what can you do??? You just try to do all you can. :errf:

Phone is already ringing and two crews each have a residential now. Its nutz here! :(

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
it is going to be interesting how many companies have waited to buy some extra equipment when all the bursting begins and they have scramble to buy new equipment at full prices from wherever they can.

always better to be prepared, and -8 degrees pays way higher dividends than nasdaq or nyse!!!!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Are you all stocked up? What do have in axials?

What COLOR? :winky:

We're good for now but looking ahead we might need to add some mo.

I need to see if any of the guys plan a trip your way, I got screwed last time. Steve took his family and not the Transit. :icon_neutral:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Northern or Southern Oklahoma?
map_specnewsdct-95_ltst_4namus_enus_485x273_zpsed921bc7.jpg

That cold front is moving in on us tonight. We are bracing for a serious round of pipe breaks, just in case.

Uhhh ohhh, -10 for buffalo.

One of those broken pipes might be me, our shop is unheated in certain parts.
Better keep the water running... :dejection:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Yeah 2 years in a row.

My fault partly, i could spend $1k month in more heat to reduce the risk.
but too fookin cheap :frown:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You could turn the heat down a bit and keep doors from the heated area open to the unheated????

The coldest arctic air of the season is now plunging into the U.S., with dangerously low wind chills, subzero cold, even some record lows forecast for parts of the Plains, Midwest and East.

This blast of frigid weather will be different from the arctic chill that ended 2014, which was mainly confined to the northern tier and the West, helping bring snow to unusual places such as Las Vegas and California's Inland Empire. This time the frigid air will push much farther south and east. It won't cross the Continental Divide, so the West, including the Pacific Northwest, will stay mild this time.

Multiple rounds of Arctic cold will move through much of the U.S. east of the Rockies this week. The first blast moved in behind Winter Storm Frona and began in the Plains on Sunday, when highs were below freezing as far south as Amarillo, Texas. Gusty winds will accompany the cold temperatures as a strong area of high pressure builds in behind the clipper system. These gusty winds will make it feel even colder. Wind chill values are expected to be well below zero for much of the Midwest on Wednesday and Thursday mornings; subzero wind chills are likely in the Northeast overnight Wednesday into Thursday morning, with single digits for parts of the Southeast.

The wind chills will be extremely dangerous in parts of the Midwest, especially Wednesday morning when feels-like temperatures could again flirt with 50 below zero in parts of Minnesota. Exposed skin can freeze within minutes in such conditions, and hypothermia is a serious concern for those spending long periods of time outdoors.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Just ordered: 144 rolls of contractor bags, 24 10x100 plastic Sheeting, and 72 gallons of Microban, 12 gallons of Microban Botanical. - Love the prices and the free shipping from Abatix

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
it is going to be interesting how many companies have waited to buy some extra equipment when all the bursting begins and they have scramble to buy new equipment at full prices from wherever they can.

always better to be prepared, and -8 degrees pays way higher dividends than nasdaq or nyse!!!!
I just ordered 26 dehus. They will be here Thursday. Better to order now in bulk than lose all your profits to supply and demand.
Just sent 21 that have minor malfunctions to be repaired. They will be back and ready for the hit by Thursday evening.
This will leave us sufficiently stocked. If I've learned anything over the years: work for $ NOT equipment.
All in that will give is 211 XL dehus and 1200+ fans.
Praying every single one of them gets rented.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom