another word to the not so wise..

Mikey P

Administrator
grout and concrete is not suppose to be shiny!!!

(grout and concrete is not suppose to be shiny)

So don't use ammonia based cleaners and high pressure unless you enjoy working for free.

there is a reason you don't clean tile, stone or concrete for .30 a foot.

Malgrit and or a Black pad with lots of Zep Stripper will get you out of the pending lawsuit..

hogjowl

Idiot™
What is the process behind it becoming "shiney"? In other words, exactly what does the ammonia do to the concrete or grout?

If you say it makes it shiney, I am going to slap you.

Mikey P

Administrator
The process was someone applied a topical (shiney) and by using a ammonia or butyl based cleaner and or high pressure you WIll remove SOME of that coating and unless you got my get out of jail free like skills, you'll be on the hook to remove the rest...

Sorry about the truckmount Marty..

I really did wish you had won it.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Yep we got burned a few weeks ago. Customer had some sort of topical sealer on the tile and grout. A tech that has only been with me a short while didn't inspect close enough started cleaning and the problem showed itself. Experience is the best teacher

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
The mop and glow finish comes off allot easer then commercial account that has 20 coats of quality finish Joe Dirt has been moping on the ceramic for ten years.
I always end up using the gecko detail tool with one jet and running every grout line to blast out the finish.

Mikey P

Administrator
here we are applying a topical (shiny) sealer to some slate that we stripped on Monday..

20121121_102352_zpsebb49ff2.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
btw , when you strip Slate that has 4 coats of Glaze N Seal applied 3 years apart with only a hand washing, the living room turns into Lake Erie with a Malgrit brush..

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
btw , when you strip Slate that has 4 coats of Glaze N Seal applied 3 years apart with only a hand washing, the living room turns into Lake Erie with a Malgrit brush..

You gotta problem with Lake Erie??? The Beautiful "North Coast".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom