Any Butler owners with the new mid mount tank option?

F

FB7777

Fred Sanford wrote:

"Ice slick in their flower beds?
We cannot discharge any waste water toward the road/street or storm drain - period."

I'm not really certain how much longer I can keep PHRED in check Bob...

Reactions: Desk Jockey
F

FB7777

Too funny...

I'm calling Tim beginning of the week to see if there will be anything available to see on March 10th when I make the trip to New York

I'll ask them if they are working on anything that I should be aware of

Reactions: Mark Saiger

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Fred,

Are your butlers max heat and blower upgrades? Would you consider these options necessary(you wouldn't buy without)?

F

FB7777

Fred,

Are your butlers max heat and blower upgrades? Would you consider these options necessary(you wouldn't buy without)?

Yes absolutely...max heat and blower. There is no going back once you've had the high heat option.

I also consider the electric reel a ' must have ' option. I prefer the rear mounted filter box as well. The Devastator filter is probably equivalent , no way we are reaching into the tank every day to change the filter bag.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Not flower beds. The water won't stay there once the ground is frozen. It runs off in every direction but where you want it.

Have you ever run your APO in freezing weather??
Yes, all winter long.

As the water discharges, it is quite warm, not hot. It melts any ice present and sinks below it's surface, never to be seen again.

It becomes subterranean.

Just like you Richard, I have been doing this for over 3 decades, but I am still on every job, every day, so I observe everything as we are cleaning and when we are done.

We are just a small 2 man operation in the field.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cleanworks

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Fred Sanford wrote:

"Ice slick in their flower beds?
We cannot discharge any waste water toward the road/street or storm drain - period."

I'm not really certain how much longer I can keep PHRED in check Bob...
Phred,

I still have the Sanford Astro van, cleaning up America one room at a time!

You'd be proud of us!

Reactions: FB7777

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes, all winter long.

As the water discharges, it is quite warm, not hot. It melts any ice present and sinks below it's surface, never to be seen again.

It becomes subterranean.

Just like you Richard, I have been doing this for over 3 decades, but I am still on every job, every day, so I observe everything as we are cleaning and when we are done.

We are just a small 2 man operation in the field.
We've been questioned not only from homeowners but neighbors. "Whats in that water?"
"Why is it smoking?"
"There isn't chemicals to damage the bushes, flowers, trees, lawn?"

Its far less hassle to just bring it back to our shop for disposal.

F

FB7777

yea I'm surprised myself Richard

I can't imagine my customers being OK with dumping on site

You think Savage works for people that have houses on foundations?

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
We've been questioned not only from homeowners but neighbors. "Whats in that water?"
"Why is it smoking?"
"There isn't chemicals to damage the bushes, flowers, trees, lawn?"

Its far less hassle to just bring it back to our shop for disposal.
Good Lord Richard,

I don't know what kind of APO you use, but the one that we have does not send any messages to anyone - it is not noticeable. Even though we have smokin' LP heat from a 220,000 BTU burner, it doesn't smoke by the time it enters the APO hose. If a neighbor could even notice it for whatever nosy reason, they would have to have Superman's vision and extra sensory abilities.

Our alkaline cleaning chemicals are mostly one of the primary macronutrients of lawn fertilizer, which will enable growing things, not harm them. If anything, where you discharge will prosper above the other things growing outside.

Y'all carry on!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Good Lord Richard,

I don't know what kind of APO you use, but the one that we have does not send any messages to anyone - it is not noticeable. Even though we have smokin' LP heat from a 220,000 BTU burner, it doesn't smoke by the time it enters the APO hose. If a neighbor could even notice it for whatever nosy reason, they would have to have Superman's vision and extra sensory abilities.

Our alkaline cleaning chemicals are mostly one of the primary macronutrients of lawn fertilizer, which will enable growing things, not harm them. If anything, where you discharge will prosper above the other things growing outside.

Y'all carry on!
It does send a message. :errf:

Its hot water and its freezing out. Heck even with an apo, just dumping the water on the ground its warm enough to have steam vapor come off it.

I agree I have never seen damage to the plants or lawn but it doesn't mean the homeowners are comforted by my technicians telling them that.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Yes absolutely...max heat and blower. There is no going back once you've had the high heat option.
I also consider the electric reel a ' must have ' option. I prefer the rear mounted filter box as well.

I think I just passed out from adding all that up! That bumps things up from 25k to over 30!!!

I'd also imagine Butler has no reason to negotiate price/options. Is what it is, take it or leave it.

Reactions: FB7777

Chris A

Name
Chris
yea I'm surprised myself Richard

I can't imagine my customers being OK with dumping on site

You think Savage works for people that have houses on foundations?

You'd think not, but then Stanley dumps in toilets on every job, or at least that's their protocol, I'm guessing most of the time the hose gets flipped in the yard

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You'd think not, but then Stanley dumps in toilets on every job, or at least that's their protocol, I'm guessing most of the time the hose gets flipped in the yard
You'd own the toilet for eternity. Any back up or slow draining would be your fault.

Been accused of it when we didn't even drain in it. Same as being accused of breaking their pipe...but we carry our own water. :dejection:

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Chris A

Name
Chris
Believe me I know, I'm a fresh water tank non dumping sob myself, but think of how many jobs a year they do hooking up to every faucet and dumping in every toilet (or yard)

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
jcooper said: ↑
Two jobs in the same subdivision, 45 minutes away.
You driving back to dump?
We don't all have 46 trucks!
With the 210 waste tanks you don't have to. Both of our Butlers have the big tanks.

Dam it! Okay, the home are super duper huge and your tank WILL NOT fit it all...

Chris A

Name
Chris

We don't all have 46 trucks!:stir:

We run a cds and a pro 1200 ( got another 1200 this winter but not using it yet). They have about a 100 gallon capacity. With a 6 flow wand we very rarely have to dump during an average 3 stop day

Reactions: SamIam

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
jcooper said: ↑
We run a cds and a pro 1200 ( got another 1200 this winter but not using it yet). They have about a 100 gallon capacity. With a 6 flow wand we very rarely have to dump during an average 3 stop day
We don't all have 46 trucks!

Thanks Chris

Trying to screw with Richard, but the guys got a perfect response for everything!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You'd own the toilet for eternity. Any back up or slow draining would be your fault.

Been accused of it when we didn't even drain in it. Same as being accused of breaking their pipe...but we carry our own water. :dejection:
I don't think so. A lot better than dumping your portable in the toilet. At least you are filtering the lint. We've been dumping portables in the toilet for years. Never had a problem

Able 1

Name
Keith
With a 6 flow wand we very rarely have to dump during an average 3 stop day

Damn, 3 stops a day! Hell we do that in winter!! I'm raising my price again this year.. Good for you!! We raised them last year, no push back.. 12 years ago I was doing two rooms for $55(lost my ass), and never an up sell.. Now we are at $115 for two rooms.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
IMG_2259.JPG

I was at a mobile home, I go to hook up to the fresh water in the back and I discover shiet city.

Caps off the sewer pipe.

I take a photo and send it to the grandma who's paying me to clean the carpet where her grandson moved into.

I hadn't started yet, she asked did the cleaning cause that???

Ya I flushed all 19 turds onto the dirt!

I told her, no we just got there.

Mobile home parks you rent the space so I said call the park manager and they will call a plumber.

Oh and tell your grandson to quit flushing those tampons.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom