Are you having these problems with your CDS or PTO units in Chevy Vans

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Actually, Can't speak about other direct drives, but can tell you Butler does change the front of their Vans...

They also are very particular about making sure you run their fan clutch, their fan blade, and also their fan shroud, Thermostat housing....

I know a number of the specifics on the changes (their secrets) and can tell you that their R&D is developed so that the hood MUST stay shut to operate best.

Their fan design is done so that they don't just cool the engine...but cool ALL the components all the way to the back of the van while the van is sitting and running.

I can stand in back of my vans with Butlers and can tell the difference in air flow.

I had a clutch fan go bad on one of my units this summer. I found a fan clutch that I could use that would have done a great job cooling the motor no problem....But Butler R&D told me they would prefer if I did not run the Butler until their fan clutch arrived....which we had overnighted.

If someone wants the insight on these little trade secrets....PM me and I will supply you with a routing number to make a deposit to my private Swiss Bank account :)

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Marty I'm very serious about this. As your therapist I've studied you for years and you have shown no improvement.
You roll up into a ball in fear when you watch Bama football...........BE A MAN !

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Easy take it easy. No misplaced anger here please. It is James you are angry with, direct your comments to the one whom you are really angry with.

I said "Wouldn't", it wasn't definitive, so chill.

BITCH! :biggrin:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
No mine are freeze dried and kept in the freezer. Bring them out on holidays to show everyone

Reactions: Total_Rookie

Ron K

No mine are freeze dried and kept in the freezer. Bring them out on holidays to show everyone
Dude Freeze dried means you don't need to keep them in the freezer! Thats why she can walk around with them in her purse and they don't stink!

Reactions: Jimmy L

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Serious story-I got a snip and clip on the same day. The clip wasn't too bad during the surgery, but when the snip happened and he went to put the needle in my nards, I instinctively moved. He said- "YOU MOVED!" My response was " How about you jump up here on the table and let me put a needle in your nuts and see if you hold still?"
He didn't say another word.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Anyone ever put a temp gage on the transmission to see if its over heating any with any of these units running?

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I had a PTO in a GMC for 8 years. $200 set of wires every year until I started opening my hood. Hoses, belts had a longer life. Next I went on amazon and ordered 3sets of thermal boots for the plugs. Covered the wire until it was clear of the exhaust manifold. Best investment was those boots. For some reason my would only break on a Sunday or when I was stacked with jobs.

Back
Top Bottom