At What Purchase Level Did You Become Successful?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I've been studying marketing programs that come from both within our industry, as well as generic programs from a variety of "business success groups".

Some have straightforward programs that you buy to obtain a structure and road map to help your business develop management or marketing systems, or both.

Others have programs that go from "entry level" through various levels that are marketed as having various "secrets" that will bring the purchaser the success they've always dreamed of.

For those who have purchased such products, did you find the higher levels contained "secrets" that were worth the additional cost?

Don't worry, I'm not asking you to share the "Secrets", I'm just asking if they were worth the additional investment.

-JB-

Name
JB
HEY RON LIPPOLD!

What was that program called again that you were so hot n' heavy with a coulpla years ago?

Sounds like a good fit for this topic.

Mike Draper

I spent $1500.00 and my friend spent over 15k. Same company. I was given reading materials and had to decide for myself what would work for me and what wouldn't. My friend was given anytime phone access to ask questions that MAYBE would guide him in the right direction to success. Unfortunately, he has spent bundles of money on different marketing campaigns they suggested that for the most part (prolly 75-80%) have not paid off. This is extra money on top of the 15k he spent with the marketing co. The company has helped him to make good money on each job, however, they have lacked in bringing him in custy's. For me, I was fortunate to hit a perfect marketing campaign right off the bat that worked for me immediately.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I can't help but think that any marketing program "secret" is going to tell me to do what I am doing right now...or what I know I should be doing.
Hard to buy secrets because secrets usually come with a surprise.

Rule of thumb...if someone is trying to sell you something that will get you rich...they shouldn't have to sell you anything because they should be doing what makes them rich.

I am going to write a one page book on how to make a million bucks. I will sell it for 5 bucks.

On the one page I will write "sell a book on how to get rich to 200,000 morons."

rick imby

Name
Rick
Brian Robison said:
I can't help but think that any marketing program "secret" is going to tell me to do what I am doing right now...or what I know I should be doing.

Rule of thumb...if someone is trying to sell you something that will get you rich...they shouldn't have to sell you anything because they should be doing what makes them rich.

I am going to write a one page book on how to make a million bucks. I will sell it for 5 bucks.

On the one page I will write "sell a book on how to get rich to 200,000 morons."

I already bought the book. I have written the sequel to it. It is $100, I guarantee you will learn something...

Mike Draper

Brian Robison said:

So, You are saying you have thought of every conceivable way to make the most possible money in the carpet cleaning business? You should at be pulling in 350+ thousand off of one truck just from carpet cleaning by now.

Name
Ron lippold
it could have been dale carnagie or land mark education both are great for living in integrity and getting people to actually hear what your saying

Mike Draper

rick imby said:
[quote="Mikey P":1fvzvsm7]When I got to SPF 80 I finally saw the light..

Why does everybody abbreviate everything? What the heck is SPF 80?[/quote:1fvzvsm7]

SUNSCREEN. :roll:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mike Draper said:
[quote="Brian Robison":kuvj45bv]I can't help but think that any marketing program "secret" is going to tell me to do what I am doing right now...or what I know I should be doing.

So, You are saying you have thought of every conceivable way to make the most possible money in the carpet cleaning business? You should at be pulling in 350+ thousand off of one truck just from carpet cleaning by now.[/quote:kuvj45bv]

"Should" being the operative word

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The same reason I survey rattlesnake dens for the state and watch hawks and eagles migrate along the mountains this time of year.

It interests me Marty.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
This is from a man who uses a pig as his avatar?

I'd like to think of it as being eccentric.

But we're getting off the subject here Mr Sutley; whose marketing program or plan do you owe your success to? Did you climb up a few levels to find that success, or did the entry level do the trick?

Or did you do it with your own wit and common sense?

No sarcasm intended...I'd like to know

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'm glad you clarified that last remark, or I might have become pissy!

I'm not a follower of any marketing guru.

I use Mikey as my inspriation. So, I just bought a Vortex, and I'm waiting on the walk-ups.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I have a sneaky feeling you are still dripping some sarcasm Mr S.

I can't see Mikey's pattern translating easily to Prattville. That said, there are those who claim that "the machine makes the man".

Has your Vortex become a customer magnet?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Brilliant Mahtin

I've always done it my own way but I incorporate ideas that others have. That's what this board is about....or at least it's what it's supposed to be about.

Website and everything about it, repeats, referrals, raising prices, answering the phone, great image, and really good follow ups.

Simple really

F

FB7777

I remember reading an SI article on Herschell Walker years ago, he gained his muscle mass and conditioning by doing pushups, incline pushup and ultimately doing a handstand against a wall and pressing from that position

No gym memberships, personal trainers or QVC abdomonizer machines

Marketing???? "go read a book or two on the subject from the library" -- T Brevik ...

and get a few on human psychology whle you are there

Marketing Programs can sell you road maps, systems, financial success dreams and aspirations

but they'll never be able to sell you the bundle of inspiration and determination that you need

hogjowl

Idiot™
The naked truth is, I have wasted 21 years in this business doing nothing more than I absolutely had to do to make a living.

Now that I am older and getting somewhat smarter, I am changing a few things.

Mike Hogan

By far my best bang for the buck was SFS.......Value Added concept keeps you "marketing"to the customer throughout
the entire experience....from the initial phone call,on the job,in the truck,to complete followup after job.

The SFS marketing day then shows you how to easily transform the happy client to a steady,referral generating
machine. All this and Nick's great hospitality for $500. I can't say enough about that program.

Jim,thanks for the kind words to my wife Janice on Friday.You said she had the best answering machine
message you ever heard....you made her day..lol

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
It was very well done Mike.

Brief, helpful, pleasant, and not a 10 minute commercial.

I'd give your number out so that others could better learn how to craft their script like yours, but that would be an abuse of your system, of course.

A good recorded message is a critical part of the package, and terribly misused by many, including those who sell some marketing programs.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
marty gets all his marketing from wackjobs on ics In 10years he has gone from 20 cents a sqft to 2 bucks a sqft
and now has all day to wash and polish his vortex
while waiting on that highend customer to walk up a book a job

-JB-

Name
JB
Sorry but I always find it funny when guys say...

By far my best bang for the buck was SFS.......

and what did that class cost? :?

Now don't get your panties in a knot, I'm not saying it doesn't have a LOT of useful info.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
JB he said $500. Mine was free and it cost a hell of alot more than $500.
A week away from the company. $400 hotel. $350 flight. $80+ taxis. Meals and beer

It was still worth it

joe harper

Name
joe harper
There is only ONE RULE........ANSWER YOUR PHONES.....!!!!!

It bewilders me how everyone SPENDS...all there profits...BUYING new costumers....

ONLY to have that PURCHASE....Be greated by a RECORDED MESSAGE..... :roll:

This is not "rocket science"..We are only selling one thing .."SERVICE....!!!!!!!
He who offers the BEST SERVICE ....WIN'S...

A "HACK"..That provides personalized service..Will KEEP his cleint...at any PRICE..!!!

If the cleint is happy with his service...It really doesn't matter about the STANDARD of CLEAN..
They are more concerned about his STANDARD of service...!!!
"They want to be comfortable...with the people in their home.....

Here are some simply FACTS.....

1. Answer your phone as the OWNER...
2. Sell your quality PERSONAL SERVICE..
3. Keep your equipment CLEAN...
4. Clean-Cut employees....in UNIFORMS..
5. BE ON TIME....
6. Do the best job you can on...EVERY JOB..
7. If you have a PROBLEM with a stain or worn area...DO IT AGAIN..."In front of the cleint"
8. Every cleint gets a FOLLOW-UP call..."Let them know you CARE.."
9. CORRAL you EGO...Many great companys...FAIL in their need get into the "Multi-Truck"game.
10. STOP..planning for the FUTURE...Without PERFECTING the present....!!!!

This is NOT the time for EXPANSION in this ECONOMY...!!!!
Try to HOLD-ON..Your cleint base should INCREASE, just from the natural ATTRITION of others.

PS This info is for you guys that are NEW to the BIZ...There VETERAN'S aleady know this...
DON'T lower your PRICES...it will bring you certain DEMISE....Control you COST'S.!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom