Aussie Sapphire Scientific TM Installs

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
For those that are interested, I will put all of our installs up here in this one thread (as a few guys email me wanting to see different installs that they have seen over the time) as well as some new ones.

Here is our latest. Our client presented us with a Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo.
CarBeforeWrap.jpg

Then we had it vinyl wrapped
CarAfterWrap.jpg

We then took one of the trailers we design (and modified it a bit more suitable for this particular client)
112e46c8.jpg

And then vinyl wrapped it to match the tow car
DSC_5600.jpg

Client purchased a Sapphire Scientific 370 from us
DSC_5668-1.jpg

And there is still enough room up the front half to carry their equipment....
DSC_5655-1.jpg

Looking in the right hand front door
DSC_5660.jpg

Looking in the left hand front door
DSC_5659.jpg

While not everyone likes trailers, the one thing you can't deny is how the TM is to service when you have doors set up like this. The vacuum hose reel is on a quick release system, so we can very easily get access all around this machine for future servicing etc.
DSC_5674.jpg

DSC_5631.jpg

There are a few more photo's here at http://www.facebook.com/PowerCleanAustralia

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
top-o-da-heap as usual, Jim

I'm curious though, will that car handle pulling that trailer day in and day out??

..L.T.A.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Thanks Larry!

And yeah, that car in the initial around 400 hp, so has enough torque and power to get the trailer around nicely.

Below is one of our demo rigs...

SAM_2493.jpg

It has a Sapphire 370 in the back of the van
DSC_5097.jpg

Sapphire RAGE in the side door up the front (these photos were all taken during a recent tradeshow)
DSC_5096.jpg

And Sapphire Scientific 570 SS in the back
DSC_5094.jpg

The secret is the trailer itself. It is made of aluminium honeycomb. VERY strong, but extremely lightweight. The trailer (empty) comes in at only 860 lbs. Than van is a Mercedes Benz Vito and only has a small 2.2 litre turbo diesel engine, and carrying around 3 truck mounts in total and the trailer - it does it with ease. I know that it is small engine compared to what some of you guys are used to driving around in, but the European vans (dodge sprinters etc) have ample power.

C

cucu

love the vito.. but cant get them here, dodge might be bringing the fiat cargo van out over here next year

As for the installs.......very poor...very poor...(looks like ladwig work) ,you should give it up and drive a taxi

S

sam miller

Very nice and I would think an on board water tank might add to much wieght.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Glad you guys like the photo's. Thanks for the feedback.

And Ron, Sam has it nailed. None of our standard sized Australian vans have a GVM that can legally support both a TM and a water tank. I think there would be less than 20 cleaners in all of Australia that run fresh water tanks. Those that do, have them mounted in larger trucks etc.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I was waiting to see a 370 crammed into the back of that Ford Falcon. That's a sweet car, and van, wish both were available here...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
IMO...you are not going to find anything better out there then what Jim can put together.....

If I sell my company can I come work for you...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Amazing work Jim!

Awsome graphics, I really like the trailers. They look like they would be easy to workout of and easy to see what you're doing when performing maintenance and repairs.

Great job! 8)

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Its always a treat seeing your guys' work. You take great pride in your work and it shows through every single time.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Here's a new style in one of our standard Toyota Vans...
DSC_6439.jpg

We installed this Sapphire Scientific 370 SS with the exhaust ducted through the floor. Even though the 370 is already a quiet machine, this reduces the sound even more making this a VERY quiet unit.
DSC_6429.jpg

Instead of the standard rectangular tank, this client choose to opt for the new round waste tank that takes up less room, as it is also hooked up to the very large and reliable Sapphire Auto Pump Out system. We have so much room left over in this install for our client to carry as much or as little as they like.
OpenCountry1.jpg

With all this room left over, we decided to manufacture an aluminium rack to comfortably hold 6 air movers securely off the floor. It can also easily hold 2 x 2400 dehums and then some. Not bad for a standard sized van.
OpenCountry3.jpg

Also you will see the turbo hybrid also stored on the side of the rack too.
OpenCountry2.jpg

OpenCountry4.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Impressive work as always, you guys really have an eye for detail!

Suprising how your design allowed for so much equipment. Tell us about the round tank, I know Terry Brevick has been promoting a round tank for a couple of years now.

Amazing how Terry has been cutting edge on technology, first with Electric Truck Mounts now the round tank. :shock:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
VERY impressive. Helps when the unit and reel are so narrow. He'll have 200ft on that reel?
How many gallon recovery is that tank?

If they ever have a spill or something, how is it cleaning that carpet on the floor and wall?
My kohler developed a hidden oil leak, would really make a mess in a set up like that.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Ron Werner said:
If they ever have a spill or something, how is it cleaning that carpet on the floor and wall?

Do you happen to know any good carpet cleaners Ron?? :lol:

And John, I took the photo's the day we had the big floods over here and the rain was coming in sideways. Didn't bother washing it as 50 metres down the road it would have been dirty again :)

floods.jpg

Have you seen flooding so close to the beach before??? Oh, and for the those that don't realise it, thats a dual lane motorway under where that 'river' is in that photo...

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Oh, I understand we're carpet cleaners but its a LOT easier to pressure wash the walls and floors than it is to steam clean them. If I spill a jug I just have to wash it down, not break out the tools of the trade. I was thinking of this the first time I saw your layouts with a diesel engine. My diesel left a black soot all over which needed washing down periodically, and when I had an exhaust leak, what a mess. I'd hate to have carpeted walls when that happens.
Looks great but...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
nah....i think it would be easier to just clean them off after a job, or after you have done your own house....

I know this next go round when (if) i get my trailer setup, it will be carpet covered walls, instead of the "white board" type covering....

Still paint on the floor though.....with the strip equipment in and out, thats still easier to clean

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Ron Werner said:
Oh, I understand we're carpet cleaners but its a LOT easier to pressure wash the walls and floors than it is to steam clean them. If I spill a jug I just have to wash it down, not break out the tools of the trade. I was thinking of this the first time I saw your layouts with a diesel engine. My diesel left a black soot all over which needed washing down periodically, and when I had an exhaust leak, what a mess. I'd hate to have carpeted walls when that happens.
Looks great but...

With all respect Ron, if you have to pressure wash your walls down, I would be seriously considering updating your equipment. I fully understand about the diesel soot and oil that older machines put out. Did you have a Big Red in the back of your truck at one stage? The 4108 Perkins used in them was renown for oil leaks. If you ever got a new Perkins either 4107 or 4108, straight out of the box new, the first thing you had to do was go all over it and tighted up all the bolts on the head and sump gaskets. They were ALWAYS loose. Then with in days had an oil path through the gaskets. Once that has happened, no matter how tight you does the bolts on the gaskets up, the oil still went through that path. It also was not a clean diesel burn either.

However, all the new style of truckmounts have come a long way since those days, be it diesel or gas versions. Carpet in the back of the vans is really practical. It quietens down the truck mount a lot! Where as aluminium checker plate or diamond plate asseuntuates the sound, carpet is the opposite, it absorbs the sound. The only time you run into problem with carpet, is if you spill a gallon of solvent. Apart from that, we are carpet cleaners and it honestly is a VERY easy thing to maintain and keep looking good for many years. We have been doing these types of installs for over 17 years and the cleaners keep coming back asking for the same thing. We also do Line-X or fibreglass floors as per each clients request. But most ask for carpet.

Bob Foster

Ron's new equipment does not make the inside of his truck dirty like his old one did with the Perkins powered Big Red. Having had a little Perkins in a boat I appreciate how leaky they can be.
PortBow.jpg

Largosternport_edited.jpg

Furthermore I designed the interior so that you can take a pressurewasher to anywhere in the inside of the truck to make it easy to clean for when he felt the need.

I also put a very high end finish on the inside of Ron's truck called Zolatone. It was chosen for its abrasion and scratch resistance and ease of cleaning.

http://www.zolatone.com/multi-color-pai ... yx-airless

zp.jpg

ZP2.jpg

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
damnit Bob now i gotta get my scanner out and show ya how good zolatone can be.....

it was my trim of choice in a vehicle shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Charlie Waite said:
Impressive work as always, you guys really have an eye for detail!

Suprising how your design allowed for so much equipment. Tell us about the round tank, I know Terry Brevick has been promoting a round tank for a couple of years now.

Amazing how Terry has been cutting edge on technology, first with Electric Truck Mounts now the round tank. :shock:

Thanks as always Rich!!

While I like Terje and what he does, I am pretty sure he wasn't the first to use round tanks, and neither were we, but here is a few photo's of some of my father's rigs from the mid 70's with round waste tanks, and I am sure others would have used them prior to us over here....

IMG0003.jpg

IMG0002.jpg

IMG0001.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom