Battle Of The Direct Drives @ Vegas MFE!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Their beauty becomes more apparent ten to twenty years down the road when they are still in service and the slide-in units bought at the same time are in the junk yard.

My customers change vans ~ every 5 years .

That means the PTO will be less presentable after 5 years . .

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
sooooooooo Larry...what yor saying IS: since puting a slide in, in the van is much easier...therefore it is the better method....?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Did they do away with the water cooled blower on the 1200?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
The simpler a TM is the better.
No high tech ways of extracting more heat......bla....bla...bla.
No need for electronic BS...................no sensors...............

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
only liquid cooled blowers i ever see are for large air compressors, they are cooled and lubricated with high temp oil.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
So what ever happened to those white magic 1200's that used water cooled blowers?
Design flaws?

Why don't they make them and what issues did they have?

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I've always wondered about what exactly went down with WM. I heard someone embezzled half a mil. Hardly enough to put a large company out of business.

Either they were on their way out already, or there is more to the story.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I thought it was 2-Million?

I heard less. Seems like there would be local news articles if someone wanted to get investigative.

Either way, can you imagine 2 mil taking down a major manufacturer?

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
AS I recall, it was at least a couple million but they could only prove 400k because she was cooking the books while the owner was recovering from a motorcycle accident out of state.

FredC

Village Idiot
I heard less. Seems like there would be local news articles if someone wanted to get investigative.

Either way, can you imagine 2 mil taking down a major manufacturer?

Embezzler sentenced to 3 years

By Liz King
Staff Writer

SALISBURY — A local woman who embezzled $615,000 from her Salisbury employer was sentenced in U.S. District Court in Boston yesterday to three years in prison and ordered to pay full restitution to the victims.

In December, Victoria Jordan, 33, of Salisbury, pleaded guilty to 15 federal counts of wire fraud after prosecutors said she inflated her $52,000 salary and stole $450,000 from Salisbury-based carpet cleaner White Magic over a four-year period.

Jordan, also known as Victoria Lake, will spend 36 months in prison upon self-reporting in July, with three years' supervised probation upon release.

Jordan's attorney, John R. Valerio, argued that the court should impose a sentence that allows Jordan the opportunity to remain employed, in order to be able to pay restitution to White Magic. Court documents showed Jordan and Valerio requested a sentence of five years' probation, followed by five years of supervised release.

Jordan also requested through her attorney that the court allow her to serve her sentence as close to Massachusetts as possible, because her 14-year-old son and family live in the area.

The United States attorney requested a sentence of 33 months' incarceration, to be followed by three years of supervised release, a fine of $7,500, and restitution in the amount of $615,000, and other payments.

According to court documents, Jordan inflated her salary as chief financial officer to embezzle from the company from January 2004 to November 2008. She also added her husband to the payroll despite the fact he was not an employee of the company, cashed checks drawn on company accounts, submitted fraudulent mileage reimbursements, made unauthorized purchases of personal items with company credit cards, and used company funds without permission to pay for a life insurance policy, personal cell phones and individual retirement account deposits.

Federal wire fraud charges came into play because Jordan obtained her salary through Automated Clearing House transactions that funneled through a Minnesota office, according to court documents.

Federal authorities said Jordan paid herself $83,850 in 2004, $97,194 in 2005, $126,000 in 2006, $151,941 in 2007, and in the first 10 months of 2008, took home $207,000. After placing her husband on the payroll, she collected another $38,000. Her husband has not been charged.

In total, Jordan's scheme caused a loss of more than $615,000 to White Magic over a four-year period, according to court documents. She was ordered to pay back all $615,000 to White Magic owners.

According to court documents, White Magic's owner/president, Paul Richardson, said Jordan's fraud caused employees of the company to be laid off, assets to be liquidated, and the owners have borrowed money to lend to the company and have put their Massachusetts residence on the market.

"After working and saving my entire life to build up a company, my hopes of being able to retire some day are crushed," he stated in court documents. "At the age of 66, I am faced with the reality that I may lose my home, my business, everything I have worked so hard to achieve."

http://www.newburyportnews.com/news...cle_b641cd37-674b-5186-87a2-889287827a5d.html

more of the story:
http://www.newburyportnews.com/news...cle_05a8790d-0f62-5c3d-8079-b84618655d8c.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Art Kelley

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

look at the church bus out in the driveway....that's the third set of quarter panels i've
rivited on..............

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark Saiger

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

Don make me drive my Genie out there and show you guys what a real machine looks lik..........

Reactions: Mark Saiger

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
if Mikey would pay for the gas hotel and food bill....
i'd drive that piece of sh*t looking thing out there....
then throw a tarp over during the running...?????

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
So Bob I hope you put the Steam Genies together better than this one---It appears to have the cart before the horse....

Looks like this now : )

IMG_0979.JPG

Reactions: Art Kelley

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Steam Action employs water cooled blowers. Able to bump the lift that way.

See ya in Vegas baby!

Battle of the Direct Drives is too good to miss...

Attachments

• 20150811_143036.jpg
    20150811_143036.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 138
Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom