Be honest..

Mikey P

Administrator
I think it really depends on the soiling conditions you see. If you do a lot of rentals or just trashed carpet your approach needs to be different that those carpets that look clean before you start.

To be honest, I see a lot of pictures of trashed carpet posted here we would refuse/recommend that replacement is in their best interest. You guys do some amazing stuff considering how nasty you get them.

He knows that, he's just being an idiot.

Mikey P

Administrator
Is this the Texas version?

If two wheels are good, four must be better..
76260-c7814f0220e599837b9818f51b803468.jpg

Or the Irish version?

Gibblebedamned, I should have tested it on two carpet types before telling John to order 5000 heads..

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Well, since I can prescrub and then extract with the same tool, it makes sense to me. A huge part of it is not having to hoe the carpet with a wand. My back doesn’t like me doing that anymore.
On any commercial job look down at the wand and realize you have to sling that dude across thousands of square feet and a tool like the ZIPPER makes so much more sense.

You'll wear you arm out slinging a wand. ZIPPER or any powered will extend your cleaning life.

Mikey P

Administrator
Well, since I can prescrub and then extract with the same tool, it makes sense to me. A huge part of it is not having to hoe the carpet with a wand. My back doesn’t like me doing that anymore.

Just bite the bullet get a loan and buy a freaking truck mount, step it up, you're too old to be running around with a damn portable

Last edited:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Larry those TWO mytee dual head wands are not available yet. Every time I look on their site it says "Coming soon" .
Been that way for at least a year now. I called once and the lady who answered had to go ask someone and she said they make NO such thing. What up with that?

steve_64

On any commercial job look down at the wand and realize you have to sling that dude across thousands of square feet and a tool like the ZIPPER makes so much more sense.

You'll wear you arm out slinging a wand. ZIPPER or any powered will extend your cleaning life.
Have you never squeezed the trigger and just walked 20 or 30 feet?
It's sooo much better. 320 a month with 2-3k down.
Only paid $3000 for mine lol. 56 blower.

steve_64

Well I wouldn't say superior and I'm not sure it would be any easier on my average job.

I'd be better off with an RE probably but I'm trying to move away from that too.

The crb wand combo along with the WM has been a game changer for me.. Along with Genny and I'm untouchable now. What a difference a couple years make.

Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare

steve_64

Marty mentioned the lower back ache from the zipper before and I picture it like pushing a lawnmower.

I tried an rx20 and really liked it till I realized how wet I was leaving carpet. If I have to follow with a wand anyway I might as well crb it. It adds dwell time too that way. And one less tool to carry.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Marty is a backache....actually lower. :winky:
I've never had an employee say it gave them a backache.

The RX is the original idea but it's dated now. The machines are lighter and do a better job of recovery.

Go try one out at a distributors. You'll see how much less effort you have to put forth for a better finished product.

CRB if you still want to or do as Stephen and prescrub the area before triggering solution.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I am not a big fan of the check valves in the jets.

They distort the jet flow.

A better innovation is on the Mytee Ti swivel wand & Bentley Pro,

where they have put a check valve at the bottom of the solution line to the manifold.
View attachment 76257
My check valves in my jets are wore out. Could I put that single check valve on my mach15? If so, could you send me a couple of them?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yes, the Zipper and my back have not always been the best of friends, but time and corrections to my Zipper have made their relationship much more tolerable. (I’m certain the none of Tacos employees are 60 years old.)

The biggest thing was that I got the jets mixed up the first time I cleaned it. I failed to notice that the outside jets were 9502’s. I thought they were all the same. Once I descovered that mistake, and corrected it, my overspray issues stopped. That meant I no longer had to do drying passes, which cut my workload in half!

I also learned that using it to clean INTO a room, instead of OUT of a room was much easier. It placed much less strain on me. Fighting hoses creates twisting motion which places strain on my back.

Next, I learned that pushing the Zipper on residential carpet over pad was tough. The weight and motion caused drag which added to my stress. Adjusting the rear glide properly relieves some of this, but not all.

So, I only use my Zipper on commercial jobs. But when I use it, I very much like it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom