Best Vacuum cleaner?

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
First of all, they’re extremely loud. Even though they’re small, they’re difficult to maneuver under desks. There’s no edging hose to get crap where it won’t go. For elementary schools, I do like the Shark swivel if not using a ProTeam.

Mikey P

Administrator
First of all, they’re extremely loud. Even though they’re small, they’re difficult to maneuver under desks. There’s no edging hose to get crap where it won’t go. For elementary schools, I do like the Shark swivel if not using a ProTeam.
They get louder with age.

Google Buds to the rescue!

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
See your point for schools, but residential its the bomb. And on stairs, love it.
IMG_8642.jpeg

Name
Austin Willoughby
Alright I'm gonna throw this out there but kirby has to be my go to. Now ik they're heavy as shiz and a little bulky but im a big fan of stuff that last and I'm pretty certain they will outlast most people's businesses. They've been around forever so parts will always be available and I prefer the bag vs bagless. Also you can find the newer models of marketplace for around 100 bucks and they're usually in like new shape.

Name
Swani
Alright I'm gonna throw this out there but kirby has to be my go to. Now ik they're heavy as shiz and a little bulky but im a big fan of stuff that last and I'm pretty certain they will outlast most people's businesses. They've been around forever so parts will always be available and I prefer the bag vs bagless. Also you can find the newer models of marketplace for around 100 bucks and they're usually in like new shape.
I really like my Kirby Avalir 2. It's so easy to push and it does a great job. I wish tools were easier to use on the Kirby's though.

Reactions: Austin Willoughby
Name
Austin Willoughby

I really like my Kirby Avalir 2. It's so easy to push and it does a great job. I wish tools were easier to use on the Kirby's though.
Yea thats the biggest down fall is using hand tools with it but my thought is I use a vacuum for carpet and a hand vacuum for upholstery/cars. Shop vac for commercial flooring. Each being better for its own job than using universal attachments to an extent

Name
Swani

Yea thats the biggest down fall is using hand tools with it but my thought is I use a vacuum for carpet and a hand vacuum for upholstery/cars. Shop vac for commercial flooring. Each being better for its own job than using universal attachments to an extent
What do you use to edge?

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Honestly the wand gets close enough to vacuum the edge sufficiently but then again that might be a hack answer 🤣🤣. Also kirby gets pretty close also.
The Kirby is incredible. Using our 52 year old model. Kirby and Oreck both on the truck. Im gonna say Kirby got my attention as one of the best machines ever made. What a story. No way it gets under beds or stairs but for traffic lanes its proper.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Well, at least the edging or used to be long enough, but look at that ergonomic nightmare
True that, plus the handle is actually broke off on this. It is getting sent back to get refurbished, not to exceed $37.50. Could have very well been one of the best investments a person could make if you consider how many vacuums the average consumer went thru over 52 years with all the bags and cheap machines. Just sayin. What other product is there with this kind of track record, Ford F-150, iPhone?, NOPE

Reactions: Living The Dream
Name
Austin Willoughby
The Kirby is incredible. Using our 52 year old model. Kirby and Oreck both on the truck. Im gonna say Kirby got my attention as one of the best machines ever made. What a story. No way it gets under beds or stairs but for traffic lanes its proper.
So that's my thoughts as well for the main vacuuming nothing beats it. For detail work thats a different story

Reactions: Mike J
Name
Austin Willoughby
Breaking down the head of Kirby to attach the (way too short) edging hose is incredibly inconvenient. So much so that I suspect few Kirby users actually do it.
No need to vaccum much closer than what the Kirby gets to the wall anyway bc the pile brush vibrates most of it up so it can be vacuumed without the edging tool. Now the attachments in my opinion are a joke. Again the wand usually gets close enough to edge to vaccum and extract also. Beats over half the people on here that doesn't even pre vac lol

Reactions: BIG WOOD and Mike J
Name
Jeff T
I ran a pair of these today W/ 2” hose, stainless steel splitter, 25’ off shop vacs, splitter, and 50’ to the tool to clean out my gutters.

The suction was incredibly powerful. Probably more than necessary.

I would stop every 15 minutes, clean out the rubbish, and used compressed air to clean the filters.

It worked amazingly well.IMG_4253.png

Name
Austin Willoughby
I ran a pair of these today W/ 2” hose, stainless steel splitter, 25’ off shop vacs, splitter, and 50’ to the tool to clean out my gutters.

The suction was incredibly powerful. Probably more than necessary.

I would stop every 15 minutes, clean out the rubbish, and used compressed air to clean the filters.

It worked amazingly well.View attachment 124277
I used the larger stainless version of this and yea they got a lot of suck for sure. You should invest in the cheap vinyl gutter guards. Can do a whole house for around 100 bucks. Life saver if ya ask me

Name
Jeff T
I used the larger stainless version of this and yea they got a lot of suck for sure. You should invest in the cheap vinyl gutter guards. Can do a whole house for around 100 bucks. Life saver if ya ask me
Where we are, we’ve got ALOT of very big coniferous tree’s…(pine, spruce etc.). They shed ALOT of needles. They clog up the gutter guards, and create an issue where the water just sheets off the gutters. And picking the needles out of the guards is a big NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!
Been there, done it…

It’s easier without, believe me.

The needles fill all the little holes like needle point (vertical in the holes)….

Total PITA…

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom