Best Vacuum cleaner?

Name
Austin Willoughby
Where we are, we’ve got ALOT of very big coniferous tree’s…(pine, spruce etc.). They shed ALOT of needles. They clog up the gutter guards, and create an issue where the water just sheets off the gutters. And picking the needles out of the guards is a big NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!
Been there, done it…

It’s easier without, believe me.

The needles fill all the little holes like needle point (vertical in the holes)….

Total PITA…
Yea that sucks! I have 2 big pines but the rest are oak trees. I guess I need to inspect mine to make sure the pines haven't started clogging mine up

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
True that, plus the handle is actually broke off on this. It is getting sent back to get refurbished, not to exceed $37.50. Could have very well been one of the best investments a person could make if you consider how many vacuums the average consumer went thru over 52 years with all the bags and cheap machines. Just sayin. What other product is there with this kind of track record, Ford F-150, iPhone?, NOPE
I was thinking, Greenglides is another candidate for my best investment, of course my Truckmounts. But it very well may be the Odyssey, as one of my best investments. I was post padding our office and was role playing a Kirby salesman. Unfortunatley I lost the sale because the keeper was an excellent daily vacuumer and was not impressed with what the Kirby got after her house vac. But as I was walking out the door with my tail between my legs, she yelled to me "But I'll buy one of those Odyssey's!"

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
The testing continues
IMG_9173.jpegIMG_9120.jpeg
IMG_9135.jpeg
IMG_9108.jpeg
IMG_9152.jpegIMG_9157.jpeg

IMG_9132.jpeg

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
The Oreck is so easy to use, especially when you consider its proficiency with stairs. I carry a small canister vac for upholstery. Corners are vacuumed with TM hose while pre spray is dwelling.

Do you guys, who prefer these garbage consumer grade bagless vacuums like the Shark, carry extra foam filters around? Are you cleaning them all the time?

When you fill buckets with hair and dander you are definitely losing suction.

We have a Shark at the house that is at least 10 years old but I wouldn’t want it on the truck.

Those internal filters suck to deal with constantly.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
This is on 460 sq ft of carpet. (3 bedrooms)

1. Oreck- vacuumed all carpet with brand new bag. Moved all furniture but the King bed. I vacuumed under without moving. Took my time and vacuumed the traffick lanes real well.

2. Kirby- Took time to vacuum only the traffic lanes, or any carpet without moving the furniture again. I did a follow up vacuum to the Oreck.

3. Hydramaster- Cleaned wastetank yesterday, cleaned filter from upholstery segment prior on same job.

4. Brought it back to the lab

IMG_9237.jpeg

My findings are the Oreck got almost every stray cat hair, lint, and 79% of the soil. The Kirby comes in and grabs another 7% of .005 micron fine particulate.
Brings me right to 86% removed. Always question authority.

Not much left for the Hydramaster, and that is with the one couch body included that I grabbed a little of what is in there.

Then I took that fine particulate from the mat and put a pinch in some water in a bucket. Turned it grey instantly, almost like the viscosity of blood.

IMG_9233.jpeg

(iron burn to the right aft of wand)

Last edited:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I thought you where rocking a Dyson these days? Which model Shark died on you?
I returned the Dyson, The plastic kept breaking and it was too heavy. I don't remember the shark I'm using. Navigator with a smell-good pod in the head. The motors just don't last a month on these POS's.

• Haha
Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
I can sell Oreck. I just sold one more to myself, and a customer of mine bought one. She could tell I believed in it and ordered one after I left. She told me that a few days later, I never even tried.

This has to be how successfull Kirby salesman beleived back in the day. Both machines sell themselves.

The Oreck does edge. I noticed and the brush and groove for the vac is a great design.

IMG_9447.jpeg

Mikey P

Administrator
My red Oreck is getting tossed tonight

Motor is screaming after 1.5 years, and it now reeks of Yorkie.

I have a new blue XL ready to go

Mikey P

Administrator
Reactions: Mike J

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
Seems like one's choice of vacuum really defines them as a cleaner, and speaks volumes about their character.

No offense to Shark users but their vacuums look like something out of the toy section at wally world. I just can't do it. I read through this entire thread and didn't see any mention of the vacuum I've been honing in on with my research, a Hoover Hushtone 13". Anybody use one of these?

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=breTy0Oeanw&pp=ygUOaG9vdmVyIGh1c2h0bmU%3D

Last edited:

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
If you’re gonna use a residential type, then Shark is it. Swivel head and bagless. Doesn’t cost much to replace from throwing in your van. It will get tossed. If you want commercial vacuum, ProTeam’s the one. Wasting time and money on anything else.

Reactions: Bryce C

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
If you’re gonna use a residential type, then Shark is it. Swivel head and bagless. Doesn’t cost much to replace from throwing in your van. It will get tossed. If you want commercial vacuum, ProTeam’s the one. Wasting time and money on anything else.
The ProTeam ProGen 12 looks like a boss. 17 lbs (1.5 lbs lighter than the hushtone), 9.8 amp powerful vac, 8ft long accessory hose, 69 db (same as the hushtone), and can creep under almost anything. Saweet

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom