boxer 421

G

can any one tell me about this tm does it have any bugs ,is it dependable does it get hot.how is the vacum.can you use a big jetted s bend 2 inch wand. does is sustained hig heat. im thinking of buying one the warrenty looks pretty good. camppppppp

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I think a lot of guys have been happy with the reliability of the 421. It has been a good machine for me.

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
mine has great so far i'm impressed with the heat. Alot of times i clean with the trigger wide open and it builds more heat then do a dry pass over the whole room later gets up to 240 on warmer days and stays there but i just have a standard 2 jet wand

BillC

John La Rue said:
I would also look at PowerClean and Judson machines.
I agree. You should check out other tm's. I have a 421 and I would give ANYTHING to go back and buy a different TM..

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
The 421 is one of my best selling machines. Reliable, good vacuum, good heat and enough capability to do tile and grout.

Rex Tyus

I don't have one but a good friend of mine does. We were joking about how bad things were and what we would give up. He said he would let his house go back before he gave up his 421. He loves it. That being said he also said he wished he had known about the Judson before he bought it.

Good luck in your decision. Check around and test a few. Talk in person with as many guys as you can about their likes and dislikes before you buy.

DevilDog

I have worked with Rich from Mountain View Carpet Care on quite a few jobs, he has a Boxxer 421. This is an excellent machine and more than enough for single wand carpet cleaning up to 150 or 200 sq. ft..

I have been really surprised with the heat and the vacuum, much better than I thought it would be. If you are mainly single wanding you absolutely do NOT need anything more than a machine like this.

I would highly recommend the Boxxer 421.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Other than the CDS it's our mechanics favorite machine hands down.

We have one of the original beta units with over 4k hours and still running strong. The only time we see it in the shop is for regular maintenance.

I'll sell a Boxxer any day and not worry about my customer having problems on the job.

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
I have 3700 hours on mine and it runs pretty good. Only had a couple of issues, cotter pin on the float in the water box rusted and fell off and the tank would not stop filling or overflowing, 25 cent fix. Replaced the guages at around 3000 Hours as the fluid leaked out. Overfill shutoff in the waste tank stopped working and the machine would continue to run and vent water out thru the exhaust if not careful.
Pretty happy overall, but I wish I had just a little more suction. Hoping to try a Judson in about two years if I'm still in business.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
DevilDog said:
I have worked with Rich from Mountain View Carpet Care on quite a few jobs, he has a Boxxer 421. This is an excellent machine and more than enough for single wand carpet cleaning up to 150 or 200 sq. ft..

I have been really surprised with the heat and the vacuum, much better than I thought it would be. If you are mainly single wanding you absolutely do NOT need anything more than a machine like this.

I would highly recommend the Boxxer 421.

I have a 04 model it has great heat for a mid size unit you can easily use 200 to 250ft of hose, They have also improved the waste tank design last year which increased the vacume and improved the high water shut off, I have 2500hrs on mine with very little problems the only issue i have is you got to keep it clean iF you dont you will have a problem with rust along the bottom, Pro-chems have the same problem that being said you won't find a unit that size with better heat.

DevilDog

Seriously, this is a kick ass little machine. I have had a big unit (Genesis 59) and a smaller unit. If you are a sole operator that usually just runs 100 to 200 feet this machine is a really good unit.

The vacuum is fine, not sure about the complaints there.... and the heat is pretty good.

Really, why the hell are you guys that are only single wanding buying these huge units?

I know of a guy that just bought a new setup for about $68,000! And he will NEVER dual wand with that machine and will probably only run more than 150 feet a few times a year....what the hell are people thinking?

The machine is just an extension of the cleaner and apparently some of you need bigger extensions to make up four your...um, shortcomings in other areas.

Come to think of it....I guess I will only need a suitcase spotter.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
DevilDog said:
Seriously, this is a kick ass little machine. I have had a big unit (Genesis 59) and a smaller unit. If you are a sole operator that usually just runs 100 to 200 feet this machine is a really good unit.

The vacuum is fine, not sure about the complaints there.... and the heat is pretty good.

Really, why the hell are you guys that are only single wanding buying these huge units?

I know of a guy that just bought a new setup for about $68,000! And he will NEVER dual wand with that machine and will probably only run more than 150 feet a few times a year....what the hell are people thinking?

The machine is just an extension of the cleaner and apparently some of you need bigger extensions to make up four your...um, shortcomings in other areas.

Thats so true, These guys who buy these big box trucks with huge machines can't even pull that thing into half the people's driveways. It's crazy.

Greenie

I have a ton of customers with the 421, guess that is why HM says it was the #1 selling model in the line...lol

What prompts my post is mentions of the Heat, most of my customers report it only holds 200 degrees, but then again that ain't bad for a high flow wand, so are you guys using a stock 04 total flow wand, or an 08-10 flow wand?

It's also interesting to hear about the relaibility, cause i was looking at the boxxer 318 and it's got about 1/2 of the gadgets and solenoids in comparison.

Frank...u kill me man, these guys are seasoned vets, just take a moment to explain your comment, take a price comparable unit from your line and talk about features etc...why should this fellow look at a powerclean over a hydramaster?

Mr.Truckmount

Here are just advantages PowerClean Liberty has over Hydramaster Boxxer 421
1. 26 Kohler water cooled engine, (3 year warranty)
2. Hotter,210-220 with 10-12 flow wand.
3. More vacuum.
4. Up to 2,500 working psi
5. S/S waste tank.
6. More user friendly.

We used to sell more Boxxers than any other Truckmount but that was until we started selling PowerClean units.
But don't believe anything I say, come and take a demonstration, I can even arrange a side by side demonstration with a Boxxer.

G

Mr.Truckmount said:
3. More vacuum.
5. S/S waste tank.
6. More user friendly.

We used to sell more Boxxers than any other Truckmount but that was until we started selling PowerClean units.
But don't believe anything I say, come and take a demonstration, I can even arrange a side by side demonstration with a Boxxer.
So does it make more vac if a 26hp is spinning a #4(45) or a 21hp spinning it if they are both @ 3600 or do you think its more for longevity?

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Mr.Truckmount said:
3. More vacuum.
5. S/S waste tank.
6. More user friendly.

I'm sure the Liberty is a good machine but, from what I see it only comes standard with a 33 roots blower, The boxxer has a tuthill 4005 blower it is also listed as operating temp of 185 to 200 degrees I can say for sure my boxxer runs hotter than that 200 to 220, The only advantage I see is the Engine is liqiud cooled, The Freedom would be a better comparison, As far as the 2500 psi water pressure, If I'm going to need that much pressure I'll buy a $300 power washer for that and not use a $15,000 to $20,000 carpet cleaning machine.

DevilDog said:

If that is the case I just need a eye dropper.

Mr.Truckmount

The unit comes standard with a Kunkel valve, you probably need to see it in action to see the difference, 210-220 would be with a 12 flow wand. With a regular flow wand it will keep at least 250 degrees all day long.

Greenie

As I understood it, the entry level liberty had the 33 blower and 24hp engine, but it was avail. with the 26hp and 36 blower upgrade, either way the kunkle being stock just shows the industry is changing.

Greenie

BillC said:
John La Rue said:
I agree. You should check out other tm's. I have a 421 and I would give ANYTHING to go back and buy a different TM..

Bill, tell your story please, what were the issues?

BillC

Greenie said:
BillC said:
John La Rue said:

Bill, tell your story please, what were the issues?
If I told you the whole story from the time I purchased the machine in 2006 until now I would be typing for hours. My problem is with Hydramasters customer service. Its not the best in the industry. My machine works great right now (knock on wood) with great heat with high flow wand and great vacuum with 2 1/2 hose.

I am just saying Jeff is that there are other machines to look at like the TNT that are very simple TM's without all the gizmos like the 421 and that are very simple to work on if you do have a problem.. :)

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Mr.Truckmount said:
The unit comes standard with a Kunkel valve, you probably need to see it in action to see the difference, 210-220 would be with a 12 flow wand. With a regular flow wand it will keep at least 250 degrees all day long.

What the hell is a kunkel valve? No way a machine that size will hold 250 degrees, I aint buyin it, unless your dumping heated water into the fresh water tank, Which I have seen done but, There is over heating problems in hot weather.

G

hey i would like a demo im in syracuse ny when could u demo it for me thanks

Mr.Truckmount

Sorry, for now you would have to come to Sunny Southern California, we are planning a road demo trip at the end of the year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom