calling Mr Cole to the marketing hot line!!

Mikey P

Administrator
Greg

Clue me in as to his this could ever be worth your or your sub's time...

touch2.groupon.com/deals/pro-carpet-10?mobile=true&utm_campaign=US_DT_SEA_GGL_TXT_TTT_SR_CBP_CH1_NBR_k%2Apro+carpet+atlanta_m%2Ae_d%2AUS-RTC-Atlanta_g%2Apro-carpet-10_c%2A20087112256_ap%2A1t2_sa%2A20130224_ea%2A20130301_xa%2A20130823&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=Google

I'm fascinated...

Last edited:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I was being generous. They will do a 60 /40 split. Worse case. 3 rooms and a hall for $15? How much meat does that leave on the bone for Greg and how do you find subs that will work for less than minimum wage?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
thats just for the basics the soap aint free!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
Ok where is Ken Snow to tell us how he sees the wisdom in this deal:)

Over a 1000 sold yikes!!!

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
I do have a question for Greg.
What do your guys do differently that makes you charge extra for cleaning Berber?

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
29k in sales for 1000 jobs??? there looks like he has some wiggle room here. extra charge for pretreat of high traffic and berbber. that would bring the 3 rooms up to around 60.00. or 60k for those 1000 jobs min. who is going to have him clean with water only lol. smells like $5 a room deal and bait and switch deal lol.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
less groupon cut
29k in sales for 1000 jobs??? there looks like he has some wiggle room here. extra charge for pretreat of high traffic and berbber. that would bring the 3 rooms up to around 60.00. or 60k for those 1000 jobs min. who is going to have him clean with water only lol. smells like $5 a room deal and bait and switch deal lol.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Greg

I'm fascinated...

It's win/win for Groupon and Cole. Groupon gets $15 and Cole gets $10 and neither one has to do any work; and when multiplied by 1000 becomes real money. I don't understand your question. Oh wait. You asked about the subs also. My bad.

icon7.png
In the land of milk and honey, customers and subs are plentiful and are ripe for the plucking.

It really doesn't have to be this way.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
I won't tell you more than this: It's tremendous filler work when you have gaps in a schedule of 40+ guys! It allows us to book tigher schedule for the contractors thus signifincantly decreasing the miles they drive and the time spent in traffic. It wouldnt make sense for a small company but does for ours. Filling the gaps in the schedule and our repeat harvesting machine has made Groupons worth our while. Regarding the contractors: we pay them the same $ amount they would make if it was at our normal advertised price. When i first starting doing them: The ATL ops manager and I fought for 3 hours about this and I finally agreed with him. I'm glad i listened as it helped keep morale high.
The only downside to Groupons is that it attracts a higher percentage of cost conscious clientel than our normal marketing machine. Oddly, our walkout sales number are still the same...

Reactions: cleanking

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
You say" Groupon attracts a higher percentage of cost conscious clients". LOL I got to hand it to you in saying that is the most politically correct way of putting it I have ever heard. LOL

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Normally i would be all over a discussion like this, the problem is he has been running this business for 20 years and has 50k customers.

Must be one helluva of a manager is all i can say.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I've talked with many people about Groupon. The key is in how you present it, and the limitations that Groupon will agree with. Suppose you only make it valid for the month(30 days) and do this regularly to fill in work like Greg does.

Groupon attracts the impulse buyer who purchases based on the perceived savings, and or low price. However many don't read the conditions of the deal, and do not book the job in time for it to be valid, and they lose out.

Based on numbers I've heard from others anywhere from 20-35% ( in this case 200-350) of people who purchase forget or don't even call to book the job within the time limit. Worse case scenario that is $3000.00 or a little over $5200 best case in unclaimed groupon deals for Greg after their cut.

Since Greg is a numbers guy he has to know how many jobs per month get up-sales on average. Add protector, 'pet package', or touch panels on a synthetic piece of upholstery, job ticket increases to $100.00 easily. For easy numbers we'll guess 40-50% (400-500) of the 65-80%(650-800) of people remaining that do actually claim the offer get up-sold with an average ticket of $100.00 when its all said and done. So that is 40-50k in CASH FLOW in 30 days. The remaining 25-30% (250-300) will actually stick to their guns and make them do just the deal. Based on 40 contractors that means worse case each contractor will have 7-8 jobs(one or two a week) in that month that will be filler work at the groupon deal. Breaking that down even further if each contractor hits 4 jobs a day at 5 days a week. 18-19 jobs in a week are still good money makers for them.

As Greg mentioned with smart routing the sting of that could be easily minimized or non-existent, but with a large operation incoming cash flow like this really affects your bottom line.

Last edited:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
The upsell is one part but the other is the ratio/percentage to your whole business.

Clearly i do not know the number, but some contractors have tested and come up with some data point, they can do 1:10 / 1:20 groupon to real jobs or whatever.
That makes sense to me but a guy who has 300 jobs a year and 100 are groupon, not so much....

JMO

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I've talked with many people about Groupon. The key is in how you present it, and the limitations that Groupon will agree with. Suppose you only make it valid for the month(30 days) and do this regularly to fill in work like Greg does.

Groupon attracts the impulse buyer who purchases based on the perceived savings, and or low price. However many don't read the conditions of the deal, and do not book the job in time for it to be valid, and they lose out.

Based on numbers I've heard from others anywhere from 20-35% ( in this case 200-350) of people who purchase forget or don't even call to book the job within the time limit. Worse case scenario that is $3000.00 or a little over $5200 best case in unclaimed groupon deals for Greg after their cut.

And how much good will do you expect that math game to build. True, it ain't his fault. Yet most people will feel resentful and associate the company's name with something negative.
What money figure would you put on that?

Since Greg is a numbers guy he has to know how many jobs per month get up-sales on average. Add protector, 'pet package', or touch panels on a synthetic piece of upholstery, job ticket increases to $100.00 easily. For easy numbers we'll guess 40-50% (400-500) of the 65-80%(650-800) of people remaining that do actually claim the offer get up-sold with an average ticket of $100.00 when its all said and done. So that is 40-50k in CASH FLOW in 30 days. The remaining 25-30% (250-300) will actually stick to their guns and make them do just the deal. Based on 40 contractors that means worse case each contractor will have 7-8 jobs(one or two a week) in that month that will be filler work at the groupon deal. Breaking that down even further if each contractor hits 4 jobs a day at 5 days a week. 18-19 jobs in a week are still good money makers for them.
How much trust and good will will that build? How many clients did people here get from people that got tired of or burned by that game?
I get quite a few and by the time I get them, they are not price shoppers any longer. They've been converted for me by the above.

Though, in all fairness, some price shoppers will always be price shoppers. And according to Greg, his subs offer 'knock your socks off' service.
Well........... I'd be damned.

As Greg mentioned with smart routing the sting of that could be easily minimized or non-existent, but with a large operation incoming cash flow like this really affects your bottom line.
No argument there. Efficiency can save and make, lots of money. And Greg is a sharp guy, so I am not doubting his business acumen. I am sure he knows exactly what he's doing.

And, I never aspired to have a life style :winky:

Last edited:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Greg

touch2.groupon.com/deals/pro-carpet-10?mobile=true&utm_campaign=US_DT_SEA_GGL_TXT_TTT_SR_CBP_CH1_NBR_k%2Apro+carpet+atlanta_m%2Ae_d%2AUS-RTC-Atlanta_g%2Apro-carpet-10_c%2A20087112256_ap%2A1t2_sa%2A20130224_ea%2A20130301_xa%2A20130823&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=Google

I'm fascinated...

It's GREAT for Yelp reviews!

Absolutely the WORST! I wish I had checked Yelp first, but sadly I didn't! I received a coupon in the mail for Pro Carpet. Great deal on the coupon, so I called to have the carpet cleaned prior to my move out inspection. Like everyone else has written, they are subcontractors!!! The technician called to let me know he did not know the location of my townhome. I have lived in ATL less than 3 months - I don't know this town very well. I told him I knew one major road by my house, but I didn't know the other cross street. He would have to wait until I could drive to see what the other name was. He asked if I knew where I lived! I should have told him not to come right then!! The guy showed up and in the first room (which I used as a storage room - absolutely no foot traffic) he mentioned how soiled it is! Moved into the living room and I showed him two pet stains. He starts saying, "and one here and one here and one here...". Uh, I know where the stains are in my rug. After the initial walk thru he asked me if the operator had asked if my carpet was berber. NO, no one had asked me that. Instead of their advertised $99 for a full house it was going to be ????. He wasn't sure! He was going to have to call. I heard him call someone and he asked "is this 129, 139 or 149?" Okay, it's 149! Alright at that point, I was really annoyed, but was going to just go w/ it. Then this "technician" starts rambling on about how I need pre -treatment, then treatment for the high traffic areas and then the seal put back on it. I let him give his speech and told him, "hey, I rented this and have lived here less than 3 months!". I need to do a basic cleaning. Guy tries to start arguing w/ me about how it is a waste of money (YES, read the other reviews!). The guy said himself their basic ADVERTISED (which in my case was more than the advertised amount) service is a waste of money! What!?! He has this huge receipt with 5 additional services. I told him the amount was just way too much and I just wanted to do part of the rooms. He counted my closet as a room because it is off the bathroom! The bedroom is 12 x 12, but count the closet seperate! They also wanted to charge me a never before mentioned gas fee! Rip off, Rip off, Rip off! He took the receipt and made huge x marks on everything I said I didn't want. On the bottom of the receipt he wrote customer refuses recommended services. Not responsible for pet odors, soils, and stains w/ this service. WHAT!? I am paying for carpet cleaning! I told him I would pay the amount to clean the house, but I couldn't give that to my property manager. I told him, hey just write me a normal receipt without the attitude. At that point, my blood pressure just went through the roof and I told him to leave. Walked him to the door and GOOD RIDDANCE! I only put up with that much dialogue because I really wanted to close out my townhouse. I will not be disprected like that by some con man. Highly recommend finding a reputible service. This place is a joke!

Willy P

Name
Willy P
And how many reviews are "filtered"? I won't go through ad link up to the, um, fibbing of your competitors, um,the lies and their internet innuendo. (yet) I enjoy being the sand in your speedo. :stir:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
You do realize that you can't be in business and expect to satisfy 100% of the customers right? There will ALWAYS be areas you can improve upon. QUOTE=Willy P;4212336]Or this (do your own search- :winky:- it's the damn competition writing phony reviews :icon_rolleyes:)

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/atlanta-pro-carpet-c360123.html
[/QUOTE]

Good God. It shouldn't be an adversarial situation for a customer calling in a company to clean their carpets. You create this situation Greg by grossly underpaying your subs and giving customers a price that you know full well cannot be honored. I feel dirty just commenting on this in your thread.

Reactions: Willy P

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
You are more like a fart. The more hot air you blow- the more it stinks...... time to worry about your own business yet?
And how many reviews are "filtered"? I won't go through ad link up to the, um, fibbing of your competitors, um,the lies and their internet innuendo. (yet) I enjoy being the sand in your speedo. :stir:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Nice deflection there Skippy. Why are the Yelp reviews filtered?

Gotta run. I need to google carpet cleaners in Atlanta, Tampa and Orlando.

PS - I'm much happier as a fart than a skid mark.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Sadly, it appears you seem to resemble an actual piece of poo........ :bullshit:
Nice deflection there Skippy. Why are the Yelp reviews filtered?

Gotta run. I need to google carpet cleaners in Atlanta, Tampa and Orlando.

PS - I'm much happier as a fart than a skid mark.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Greg
You got to let it go. It wouldn't matter if you where a high end cleaner with the same size company. They would still boo.

I for one want to hear your marketing thoughts. I may not always agree but it gets me thinking.

How about you share your biggest promotional mistake and if you can one of your biggest successes?

Like it or not people have got to admit booking several thousand cleaning jobs no matter how you price it is a hard thing to do. It takes some focused marketing and sales skill.

I could use just another 100 or so per month. I got some trucks to pay for.

Last edited:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Quite honestly i could care less to "like" someone or not on the internet, God knows enough people dislike me {even though they don't know me}.
My job is to find information to lessen the learning curve on different subjects, forums have saved me a ton of money over the years. No silver bullets more general ideas/themes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom