calling Mr Cole to the marketing hot line!!

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Greg
You got to let it go. It wouldn't matter if you where a high end cleaner with the same size company. They would still boo.

Yeah you've got us pegged Tom. Those of us disgusted by bait and switch crap cleaners are just jealous of their success. You are incredibly perceptive.

Reactions: Willy P

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
The worst kind of bait and switch operators are the large scale operators who have the knowledge and means to inflict their predatory marketing on the vulnerable, innocent and ill informed consumer. They are a plight to this industries reputation.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
LMAO! Sorry, I'm taking the bait..... No more so than owner operators that have never taken an IICRC class that are out there, overwetting carpet, over charging customers and "claiming" to be carpet cleaners. Most of the websites in our industry are a joke, and look like a 12 year old designed and wrote the content! You don't think this sullys the impression of our industry? WAKE UP! While i know many qualified owner operators, I have met scores of those that shouldn't be allowed to drive a car, let alone clean someones carpets. A large percentage of the owner operators have criminal records! Sadly, the customers have NO idea and let these thieves, drunks, wife beaters, drug peddlers unsuspectedly into their homes. AND this doesn't hurt the industry? Before you start casting stones, I'd suggest changing your walls from glass to stone......

And Tom, it's these narrow minded people that encourage me to keep my knowledge to myself........

The worst kind of bait and switch operators are the large scale operators who have the knowledge and means to inflict their predatory marketing on the vulnerable, innocent and ill informed consumer. They are a plight to this industries reputation.

Reactions: Connor

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Frankly I don't see such a big secret or knowledge behind what Greg is doing....almost every large city has one or two of those...

Dump 50-100grand into ads every month....hire a bunch of 1099ers....and send them out.

You will attract, lure, bait, whatever you wana call it- a ton of people that are trying to get the cheapest service. Only to realize they will be paying a lot more to a actually get the job done. And even more to get the job done right!

We all know you can not clean for those advertised prices. Or those groupon deals without adding additional services charges.

Until you stop saying Berber needs to be dry cleaned for additional charges and other similarly stupid things....you will always be just another pos bait and switch company.

Petpackage....

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
LMAO! Sorry, I'm taking the bait..... No more so than owner operators that have never taken an IICRC class that are out there, overwetting carpet, over charging customers and "claiming" to be carpet cleaners. Most of the websites in our industry are a joke, and look like a 12 year old designed and wrote the content! You don't think this sullys the impression of our industry? WAKE UP! While i know many qualified owner operators, I have met scores of those that shouldn't be allowed to drive a car, let alone clean someones carpets. A large percentage of the owner operators have criminal records! Sadly, the customers have NO idea and let these thieves, drunks, wife beaters, drug peddlers unsuspectedly into their homes. AND this doesn't hurt the industry? Before you start casting stones, I'd suggest changing your walls from glass to stone......

And Tom, it's these narrow minded people that encourage me to keep my knowledge to myself........

I guess you did take the bait:lol: I know almost nothing about you other than the little I have seen on this board and i would not point a finger or accuse anyone based on that info. My post was a blanket statement based on the topic at hand and was not meant to be pointed at you. The fact that you took offence to my statement tells me where your head is at.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Good Grief Charlie Brown....
A self-made millionaire is willing to talk to us for FREE and you guys are against this?

LOL

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Good Grief Charlie Brown....
A self-made millionaire is willing to talk to us for FREE and you guys are against this?

LOL

Many of us are self made millionaires; if that is what impresses you about Cole and you can overlook the way he acquires his loot then you might be impressed by books about Bernie Madoff or one of my favorites, Bernie Ebbers, who was a milkman and a high school basketball coach who founded Worldcom and cooked his books to buy MCI and was about to buy Sprint before the jig was up. Now that was in impressive guy if you can overlook the morality of cheating people. Some people get away with it, some people get caught and go to prison.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
If one of you proud broke dicks is responceable for running Greg off, . .

Now, what are the chances?
Greg loves this board. I actually enjoy his posts. And as time is our witness, he keeps coming back. So, there must be something in here for him.

Greg.................is it the shoes?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
no kidding.

If one of you proud broke dicks is responceable for running Greg off, there will be hell to pay.

but I got a Groupon for it so "Hell" will be close to half off.

You ran him off first....way back when bald headed comments were flying...and when Greg was offended with the "board lingo" as in chimps...

He comes back and its good for him to be on here too..

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
He's thick skinned he can take it. All of this is fairly mild considering all the shit he's been through here. That's one reason I respect him, anyone that can take out best shots and still hangs in there despite our best efforts to upset him gets a pass from me.

Besides maybe he's not as big an ass you guys make him out to be........well...there again maybe he is.

:winky:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Greg's presence on this BB is highly therapeutic for the average BDCC.

Just one more free public service brought to us courtesy of MB inc.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
It's all the same me. I feel like a million bucks. Steve Jobs would like what I have,

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Heck, Jobs would take a Von Schrader in a ford ****** wagon at this point.

Mikey P

Administrator
How do you define assets? On a business or personal balance sheet cash is the first item under assets.

Assets are what will be as about as valuable as that box of xmas tree decorations up in your attic if the Shit ever really hits the fan.

Your cleaning business, your stocks and bonds, your fancy house or apartments or art collections won't amount to squat if and when the world as we know it all comes a crashing down.

Heck even your paper money won't be worth squat unless we run out of TP and we have to use it after squatting...

You got a million or more of accessible cash Ken?

Cole, might.

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
Many customers can be overly dramatic, especially with free reign on the internet. Like I assumed, ProCarpet has pretty clearly stated what will and won't be done and that extra charges will most likely occur for most of their client's situations (http://www.callprocarpet.com/savings_coupons.php). Granted, this specific technician mentioned in this review is in serious need of some customer service experience/training, but the customers complaints about the extra charges could've easily been handled with better verbage, from a more experienced or better trained technician. Possibly eliminating this review entirely. With ProCarpets size and Groupons relatively high percentage of clients who will never book, this makes total sense. Some jelly folk up in here
It's GREAT for Yelp reviews!

Absolutely the WORST! I wish I had checked Yelp first, but sadly I didn't! I received a coupon in the mail for Pro Carpet. Great deal on the coupon, so I called to have the carpet cleaned prior to my move out inspection. Like everyone else has written, they are subcontractors!!! The technician called to let me know he did not know the location of my townhome. I have lived in ATL less than 3 months - I don't know this town very well. I told him I knew one major road by my house, but I didn't know the other cross street. He would have to wait until I could drive to see what the other name was. He asked if I knew where I lived! I should have told him not to come right then!! The guy showed up and in the first room (which I used as a storage room - absolutely no foot traffic) he mentioned how soiled it is! Moved into the living room and I showed him two pet stains. He starts saying, "and one here and one here and one here...". Uh, I know where the stains are in my rug. After the initial walk thru he asked me if the operator had asked if my carpet was berber. NO, no one had asked me that. Instead of their advertised $99 for a full house it was going to be ????. He wasn't sure! He was going to have to call. I heard him call someone and he asked "is this 129, 139 or 149?" Okay, it's 149! Alright at that point, I was really annoyed, but was going to just go w/ it. Then this "technician" starts rambling on about how I need pre -treatment, then treatment for the high traffic areas and then the seal put back on it. I let him give his speech and told him, "hey, I rented this and have lived here less than 3 months!". I need to do a basic cleaning. Guy tries to start arguing w/ me about how it is a waste of money (YES, read the other reviews!). The guy said himself their basic ADVERTISED (which in my case was more than the advertised amount) service is a waste of money! What!?! He has this huge receipt with 5 additional services. I told him the amount was just way too much and I just wanted to do part of the rooms. He counted my closet as a room because it is off the bathroom! The bedroom is 12 x 12, but count the closet seperate! They also wanted to charge me a never before mentioned gas fee! Rip off, Rip off, Rip off! He took the receipt and made huge x marks on everything I said I didn't want. On the bottom of the receipt he wrote customer refuses recommended services. Not responsible for pet odors, soils, and stains w/ this service. WHAT!? I am paying for carpet cleaning! I told him I would pay the amount to clean the house, but I couldn't give that to my property manager. I told him, hey just write me a normal receipt without the attitude. At that point, my blood pressure just went through the roof and I told him to leave. Walked him to the door and GOOD RIDDANCE! I only put up with that much dialogue because I really wanted to close out my townhouse. I will not be disprected like that by some con man. Highly recommend finding a reputible service. This place is a joke!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Nope, nor can I imagine Greg does either- cash doesn't have much value and I'm still not exactly sure what you define it as. Do you mean monies in checking or savings, 401k and/or Roth IRA or IRA, money market acounts, etc.?

You sound a litle like Larry there Mike- you think the "end of world" is coming soon?

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Keep up sunshine! I announced at Mikey Fest we did stop advertising Berber having to be drycleaned!
Frankly I don't see such a big secret or knowledge behind what Greg is doing....almost every large city has one or two of those...

Dump 50-100grand into ads every month....hire a bunch of 1099ers....and send them out.

You will attract, lure, bait, whatever you wana call it- a ton of people that are trying to get the cheapest service. Only to realize they will be paying a lot more to a actually get the job done. And even more to get the job done right!

We all know you can not clean for those advertised prices. Or those groupon deals without adding additional services charges.

Until you stop saying Berber needs to be dry cleaned for additional charges and other similarly stupid things....you will always be just another pos bait and switch company.

Petpackage....

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
They really don't get it do they Ken? lol QUOTE=Ken Snow;4213622]Nope, nor can I imagine Greg does either- cash doesn't have much value and I'm still not exactly sure what you define it as. Do you mean monies in checking or savings, 401k and/or Roth IRA or IRA, money market acounts, etc.?

You sound a litle like Larry there Mike- you think the "end of world" is coming soon?[/QUOTE]

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
a pulse? you do realize Steve Jobs is dead? lol

Oy Greg, evidently Art's sly/dry sense of humor, goes just a tiny bit above the head.
Please, no more marketing books for you. More emphasis on human/interpersonal exchanges, to include, yet not limited to, humor. :winky:

Last edited:
Reactions: Art Kelley

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom