Can you make a hose reel power that isn't?

Jay D

Name
Jay D
hey I like to tinker too, thats why i have a hackmount. Have fun with your project! :mrgreen:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Able 1:

Here is a picture of the same chain-drive reel set-up that we used to convert a std. reel to electric:

reelelec.jpg

I don't remember the exact cost for the parts required, but Jay is pretty close.

Larry

Able 1

Name
Keith
Nice looking reel Larry!

After looking at Albert's I am thinking I'll have to go with a 400rmp motor... Actually I'll probably go with the same size sprockets also... or I'll end up buying alot of different sprockets to find the right size to convert 400 rmp to a usable speed for the reel. Don't really know if it 250 rmps would make that much of a difference with a sprocket that small.

T

The Magician

Greenies chains are grinding. Could he be thinking about putting a elec. conversion kit together?

Greenie

Someday....but mine will be all stainless, I just like it, I don't like painted iron.

Right now I can buy and resell a done deal ready to go, so It's not top of my list.

I am eyeballing the perfect HX truckmount, build it and they will come.

lance

3000 psi 5 gpm flow 59 blower plumbed just right

If gas, how much hp? Same with deisel.

Do you have to have duel HX's in order to duel wand at 15 or 20 flow each?

Are you not as enthusiastic about a hybrid heating system as you use to be?

What do you think of kero/deisel heaters?

Greenie

Fuel heaters will always have the greatest return on investment, and will never go away, simple too. But people want HX technology even if it cost more initially, and cost more to run.

59 is silly if you aren't gonna dual wand. it is a 2" barrel on the wand.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Any progress Keith?. Have you found an online source for the donut sprockets. Everything I found has to do with motorcycles.

Albert

Able 1

Name
Keith
Biggest sprocket I have found so far is 11 3/4 (go karts/mini bikes)and that will work... The people at that electric motor place you posted haven't gotten back to me and I have contacted them twice so I'll give them a call again... I want to go with a stainless sheet against the side of the reel since I know it will be getting wet here in WI.. I will update when I get somewhere..

Able 1

Name
Keith
Albert you are the man! Thanks alot.. I have looked everywhere for anything over 11 3/4 and couldn't find it. Oh, and it was 30.00 cheaper then the one I was looking at!

Thanks again,
Keith

Able 1

Name
Keith
I will post pics as I go it's just the right thing to do. That being said I really am in no hurry to get in done. This is my winter project so I am in no hurry but after I get what I need it wont take long...

Can you regulate speed with some kind of adjustable resister? I just don't think this should be a on or off situation, but with the DC is that how it is? I am not real familiar with the DC ...

Able 1

Name
Keith
My sprockets came but for the electric motor they can't ship till the 13th of Jan. :cry:

028.jpg

032.jpg

I just used washers for the spacers but I think I might change that to 1/4 spacers I just put those in to see how much space I would need for the chain to clear.. My first thought was I was going to bolt it to the spokes but they turn to the center before I can get a piece of them.. Wish I had more progress to show...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Looks good so far.....Never rush a project.......take your time and you will be much better off.....I am in the process of re-doing the grout sealer stick and make it so the POS will work right once and for all...I have some of the parts and the rest should be here in about another week...But during the time I am waiting I have re-thought it out and already changed a few things around...Any one can toss something together...But if you want it to last for a long time trouble free...Take your time....Follow the 6 "P" rule...

Able 1

Name
Keith
I'm not rushing this one... I want to mount the face of the motor to the plate the I will be welding to the side, drilling the holes just right is going to be a challenge for me... If I would base mount it it would bother me everytime I used it. thinking I just half arsed it...

Able 1

Name
Keith
:D update- they sent me the wrong motor so the right one will be here tomorrow...
Here's what I have received so far with the part #'s:

1-27-200912016AM.jpg

Able 1

Name
Keith
BTW the mounting plate I only bought as a template (going with a solid 3/16 plate to mount) and if anyone wants it they can have it when I'm done.
Wiring diagram:

1-26-200990135PM.jpg

easy1dave

I just built one on my hose reel.Total cost was under a $100.00.Works great might have to slow it down just a little.David

Able 1

Name
Keith
:shock: $100... What did you use? Do you have any pics.?

easy1dave

1.5 motor $49.00.Welded pulley on hose reel . $9.00. Pulley on motor $9.00. 61 inch belt $14.00.Some angle iron for fram.Works great. Look great. I am going to put a larger pulley on to slow it down just a tad bit.Dave

Able 1

Name
Keith
You used a ac motor? Do you plug it in? Run a converter? 1.5 in a dc motor would make a good winch!! :wink: If you could please list what you have used, like size of pulleys that you have, and what motor also and the rpms... If you made one for $100 that is awesome and I would be very intrested to see how you did it. I went with a chain because it will be hard to find a pulley small enough to slow it down... I counted the teeth on the sprockets and figured about one full revolution every 2 seconds and I think it will work good at that speed.

easy1dave

One more thing.I had to machine to small parts to make it work.I will try to take some pic.David

Jay D

Name
Jay D
ATV winch, 2 pulleys and a belt. punch up craigslist, dallas, carpet cleaning, jan 25th, guy makes a kit if you want to send him $400. looks simple. get winch at harborfreightusa.com. probably 200 or less and a little time to do it. :wink:

Able 1

Name
Keith
I'm Getting there:
005.jpg

001-2.jpg

I will have to wait until it gets warmer to paint the reel.. Hope to have it wired and reeling by the end of the week.

002-2.jpg

Able 1

Name
Keith
Thanks, I have to wire a switch, adjust the big sprocket reel is a little tweeked but it will run true by adjusting the sprocket. That's about it... Can't wait to finish it!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom