Chemical help

kpip1972

Name
Kyle
New to the board. I'm needing advice on some chemicals. I want to know a good pre spray that is fairly economical. I use a hydro force and do mostly empty apartments and empty rent houses and a few restaurants. I would like a suggestion for a good general pre spray and one that does good on heavily soiled carpets. Also what is the best way and chemical to use on dried water base paint ? Thanks in advance

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Everyone has there preferences as there are many good products out there.
You want a good high PH prespray preferably with enzymes in it if you are mostly doing rentals and restaurants.
As for the paint...there are products designed specifically for that as well...PIG is a good one.
I would recommend calling @John Olson at Superior Cleaning Solutions. He can help you decide what will work for you based on your needs and equipment.
He is a solid, stand up guy who will be honest and helpful.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Goof-off (xylene) is for dried latex paint removal. Do not pour it on the carpet as it cause delamination. Put it on a cloth and use that cloth to soften and remove paint.

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
New to the board. I'm needing advice on some chemicals. I want to know a good pre spray that is fairly economical. I use a hydro force and do mostly empty apartments and empty rent houses and a few restaurants. I would like a suggestion for a good general pre spray and one that does good on heavily soiled carpets. Also what is the best way and chemical to use on dried water base paint ? Thanks in advance

Hey Kyle,

Welcome to Mikey's Board! :)

You will find a lot of different choices to be able to clean with...and there will be a lot of those Choices talked about here and other places...

Some of it comes down to, do you prefer Coke or Pepsi :)

There is a search feature in the upper right corner of the board that you will find a wealth of information on this and many other topics that might be helpful as you get started.

Also...there are a number of flashing banner ads that provide a lot of cleaning agents as well as other supplies that can be very helpful....

If you click on those banners too, it will lead you to information about their products, and how you might also be able to contact them directly or through a local distributor.

A lot of them will also offer you free samples to try so you might know what you feel works for you and your cleaning styles....

Just tell them you found them here on Mikey's Board and I bet the will really appreciate that, as it helps them to know how their doing making contacts in the industry such as through this forum....

Also, if you have a local distributor, they can be a real asset to you now as you start up, and in the future....A lot of the advertisers on the board will be able to help you find them too if no one is close to you such as what happens to me.

But again, thank you for posting and being here... :)

I really look forward to hearing more about you and seeing how you progress with your new business and adventure :)

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Grease Eraser is my choice. For trashed carpet, just make it a little stronger. Do the opposite for well maintained carpet. It's one of those good ol' pre sprays

Reactions: Goomer and KevinL

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Lol...that's what I meant to say.....:shifty:

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'm sorry. My comments are not directed at you. It's just that half the people want to score points with their favorite supplier and the other want to sell to you direct.

When what you RALLY need to hear is that you need to build a relationship with whoever you're going to need equipment and help from in the future.

Look, all the name brand chemicals are pretty much equal. As long as your buying industry specific products, they're all good. So buy whoever is local so you'll have a relationship throughout your career.

kpip1972

Name
Kyle
That's kind of my problem there is no one local. Closest is 2 hours away so I have to buy everything online.

Able 1

Name
Keith
For prespray Prochem's Powerburst is the best imo(Flex is good also).. Smells a bit for residential work, but it is the best out there for apartments and trashed carpet.

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I'm sorry. My comments are not directed at you. It's just that half the people want to score points with their favorite supplier and the other want to sell to you direct.

When what you RALLY need to hear is that you need to build a relationship with whoever you're going to need equipment and help from in the future.

Look, all the name brand chemicals are pretty much equal. As long as your buying industry specific products, they're all good. So buy whoever is local so you'll have a relationship throughout your career.

Shut up I'm trying get free shipping on my order!

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Kyle, please don't let Marty's cryptic warnings cause you to hesitate to participate.

You'll learn that he often makes some very wise observations in the fewest possible words....a quality I myself do not seem to possess.

In this particular case, though, he's making more of a general "Mikeysboard Social Commentary" than a real warning. If you can see through some such comments, you'll find the hazing process here to be pretty gentle, and you'll find this a resource that will provide you with a great deal of sound advice.

Welcome, and please keep posting.

hogjowl

Idiot™
What I'm trying to say is if you tell us what equipment you are using, you stand the chance of some horrible person here making fun of it. If you just ignore the question until we get to know you better, horrible people my leave you a lone.

There's lots of horrible people here.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
There is no really wrong equipment. You just learn to use things differently. I"ve used 50psi 1-vac portables to truckmounts that could peel paint off the walls. All a matter of how you use it. More powerful equipment makes your job easier and more efficient.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
What I'm trying to say is if you tell us what equipment you are using, you stand the chance of some horrible person here making fun of it. If you just ignore the question until we get to know you better, horrible people my leave you a lone.

There's lots of horrible people here.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven out of hell, or a hell of heaven.."

Even though some here think our leader is Mephistopheles, he's made of better stuff than that..as are the majority of our posters. If anyone handles you roughly, I assure you they'll be put I their place Kyle.

We're glad you're here.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom