Comparing my new Titan to My Vortex

Name
Kevin McCreary
I put my new Hydramaster Titan in service last Wednesday. I didnt expect it to

replace my Vortex. I was pleasantly surprised when I fired it up. While it is defiantly not

a Vortex I thought the heat was better. It held a steady 230 ATM with two .012 wands wide open for

as long as I wanted (keep in mind my vortex has the pre-heated fresh water tank which you are constantly dumpimg cold water into with the

flow rates I use). It seems to have enough power to run 2 wands with out any real noticeable loss of

vacuum or pressure. The vacuum is pretty darn good (much quieter) with 2 wands 150 ft of 2 inch each, but you notice the difference

when you add much more than that. I think the vortex is set to about 17 or 18 inches of mercury and the

Titan is only 14 or 15.

Im not sure if I dare adjust it to more. I put it in an 08 1 ton Chevy extended which rides like a Cadillac and I can get serviced with ease.

The lack of space is the killer, I still have to figure out where stuff is going to go. Even with my Vortex I dont ever climb into it so its no

different there, but there is absolutely no extra room. Oh and I can only carry 120 gallons of fresh water. However the thing will

save me over 200 per week in fuel which will pay for itself quickly. The Vortex is still the Best machine I have ever seen or used, but

big slide ins still get the job done quite effectively. The jury is still out to see how many hours of trouble free operation I can get from it.

Name
Kevin McCreary
Mikey, It costs me $120-$130 per day to fill my vortex up do 5-7 jobs and drive 50-100 miles. I just got home did 7 stops drove 76 miles filled up

this morning for $109 and burned just over a quarter tank. You do the math. My Vortex was a huge m.p.g. hog! It sux on the highway it would

red line at 3000 RPMS and only go 68mph. I might save two trips to the gas station every week. Also the time possibly saved with a Vortex

I can make up for by being able to drive the legally posted speed limit. I cover a very large area. I think you might be

pissed because your stuck with a big under powered diesel POS. I will put it to you like this I'm having NO VORTEX WITHDRAWALS!

Its a good thing the guys at Blueline where smart enough to put the Vortex in a better truck.

Mikey P

Administrator
I fill up 2 times a week
I dual wand most jobs.
Most days I drive under 20 miles to do 4 or 5 jobs.
Fuel is under 5% of my daily gross.
I carry every thing and more.
The UD has had WAY fewer problems then my GMC/PTO ever did.

No regrets what so ever.

John Watson

Becker, He sees them all the time. The flippen ones and the flying ones which circle him constantly :mrgreen:

Name
Kevin McCreary
Yeah, I sold the Vortex to a Rainbow Franchise.

Mikey, your 100% correct about a P.T.O. in a Chevy/GMC van

if you run them consistently 30 hrs a week they break a lot. Thats

why I opted for a slide in.

It does suck I'm limited in space, but it really saves me gas $$,

like Mikey said its still less than 5% of my gross, but It just makes

sense to me to quietly put as much $$ in my pocket as I can.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
I have a few pics of a Titan we received as a Beta for a local customer.
Impressive machine!

Titan%20001.jpg

Titan%20002.jpg

Now That's a Blower!

Titan%20003.jpg

Yup that's a 2 1/2" hose port

Titan%20004.jpg

Titan%20007.jpg

Water Box big enough for a midget to hide in.

Titan%20008.jpg

Was surprised to see a non Hydramaster style of chem pump.

Greenie

Pulsation dampner?

Goofy 3 vac port design, if it had a GG dual port set up, you could put 2" Inside and 2.5" outside, making it more streamlined and not having to use any plastic fittings (better airflow).

TimP

That looks like one cool machine. I see a ton of heat exchange tubing in a few of those pics. What kind of port does it have to hook up to vac and exhaust. I'm guessing it has a blower exchanger.....just hope it's none restrictive. Sounds like it's one hot machine......looks like it may be on my list for replacement machines when I get my CDS paid for. Just hope it's not a fuel hog!

Greenie

I was asking where is the pulsation dampener, if there is one.

The Exchanger tubing you see looks like the blower HX, typical radiator style.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Steve, the Titan is better in a few ways. It has a 61 hp GM vortec motor, Tuthill 5009 blower, 5.5 gpm pump, 270 degrees of heat, etc. It's a really nice machine.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
the boxxer and the titan have the same foot print, they come in different colors, the biggest difference is that everything on the titan is bigger, motor, blower, water box, etc

Glynn

The Titan DOES NOT have the same footprint as the Boxxer, it's much larger in fact. I have has both side by side and the difference is huge.
The Titan is a very powerful and quiet machine, in fact it's the quietest Iv'e ever heard. The heat is so great that the vac hoses is sucking in and closing when RXing. It sucks like a bitch even with 3 RX's at a few hundred feet each !.

Becker

Name
Becker
I was going to say even in pictures it looks much bigger.

61 hp, bigger blower all built into the same footprint as the boxxer? Come on!

Greenie

Don't get me wrong, I'm not downing the machine at all, just asking a few questions, I've never seen the machine in person.

Glynn

Just so you get an idea on its size, the exhaust you can put your hand right in it and reach the exchanger its that big.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom