Comparing my new Titan to My Vortex

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Does anyone know how the Titan compares to the Prochem Everest regarding CFM's, overall cleaning ability, etc. related to price for each machine?

I friend of mine has a 405 and swears by their reliability, ease of maintainence and longevity. I don't know as much about HydraMaster products.

It will be a long long time before I will be able to afford either one but I'm just curious. :lol:

Glynn

I know of owners of both and the Titan way out performs it.
The Titan is used for triple operator cleaning to 3 X RX20's on cruise ships and at about 300ft to each tool. He is getting well under 1 hour dry times with it and the heat is so hot you cant even touch the QD's and thats wit all three RX's going full blast.
I've ordered one for aug/sep.

Chris A

Name
Chris
bullshit. (sorry but no way do I buy that, sounds like someone's trying to justify their $30,000 tuckmount.)

G

My Butler has 70 k on and 1300 hours it has never broken down! unit or van 30 hours per week my ass!!!!!

Name
Kevin McCreary
I had two Butlers that kept getting check engine lights, it turned out to be a mass air flow code.

GMC dealer and G.M. had no answer. They said that engine running at those rpm's was designed to

have air flowing through its intake not sitting still. Butler had a fix for it that turned it into a a gas hog.

Thats when I gave up on gas powered p.to.s. Vortex has the right idea, Use a motor thats designed to

to be a stationary power plant. Just like the Nissan engine in the old 405's (forklift motor) and the one in the Titan (inboard boat motor).

Chad, With all due respect, that guy is not lying the

Titan will do it. Its still not a Vortex, but better more consistent heat and well worth the $$$$

Chris A

Name
Chris
not a chance at 300 feet a piece, I don't care what size blower you have.

Name
Kevin McCreary
Betcha your wrong. Done it with the Vortex more than once and Im sure you could do it with the Titan.

Im not saying you would have the worlds best vac performance at the end of the wand but better

than one of those #3 blower entry level machines. (running 2.5inch of course)

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Hydramaster has built a very impressive machine. So far our customer with the beta unit that is in the pics I posted earlier had a few small hiccups with some electrical problems. Easy fixes and since then it's been running great for over a month with no glitches. Oh, and he's running it at over 8500 feet.

This is the smoothest running machine I've heard yet. Purrrrrs like a lion.

When it's released it should run right around the 25,500 range. Very competitive with the Blueline and Prochem machines.

Some interesting changes over past Hydramaster machines. It does kinda look like a very big Boxxer.

From the looks of things it will be as reliable as the 421 and 427 have proved to be. I think it will be a popular machine once it goes into full production later this year.

Hydramaster should be proud to have it in their lineup.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
with up to 800 CFM I would believe it is capable of doing quite a bit. Long stretches and multiple tools are a piece of cake. It's quite an impressive machine.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Ok fair enough, on a different note, what's fuel consumption for you so far Kevin? 2-2.5?

Glynn

Honestly Chad, what I said above is true ! No bullshit.
This machine is something else.

Greenie

It's all about operating lift and cfm.
If you have 200 cfm per hose, and run 15"hg, you will still have good vacuum at 300'
you will have even better vacuum if half of that 300 is 2.5" hose and the machine is set up with 2.5" plumbing.

In fact....I'm willing to bet this machine runs better in multiple wand mode than it does in single....just a hunch.
Only area I see a weakness would be heat on three tools, but hey, some need wicked hot and some just need hot water.

Glynn

Your right Jeff.
Simon says his Titan s even better when more power is required ie multiple & long ose runs.
It has 3 X 2.5" vac ports and he then uses 3 X 2.5" 50 ft lengths, then going to 2" right to the 3 RX20's.

TimP

For 3 stock RX -20's it probably does fine. That's only flowing .18. I would think it could keep 200+ at that flow rate. HM makes the hottest heat exchange machines on the market, in the class of the machine of course. I can tell ya, my cds salsa is pretty darn hot 230+ all day with .10 flow, can't hardly beat that for a van powered system and no LP booster.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Ok, so what do you put this beast in?

I figure there's no way you can put the machine, over-sized waste tank and fresh water tank, plus 600 ft. of hose in a standard van.

Not to mention the three RX-20's.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom