Cooling an air cooled powerplant

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
So with the thought of extending the life of the motor we plant to mount a 370 out in the open. Keeping the fresh and hose reel in the enclosed portion. It shouldn't have any heat related issues. Are there any negative you can foresee?
Thanks!

April Fools .jpg

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Try and squeeze the water tank outside so you’ll have room for chems inside

Name
Jeff T
Shouldn't it be quieter? It's open air not trapped inside the van. ?? :headscratch:
I think in an enclosed van, you only have the noise coming out one side. I really think it will be worse, due to the fact that it will be omnidirectional..... just a thought...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Rain is the biggest obstacle but we have a pop top that will interlock to keep it dry in use. Can't drive with it. Won't use it in the snow or freezing weather. All tools will be in van portion nothing else outside to be stolen.

Reactions: dealtimeman
Name
Jeff T
And the box will act like a speaker cone, just laid on its back...
Just for shits and giggles, get a lawn mower, or a pressure washer, fire it up on open ground. Use a DB meter app on your phone from a measured distance. Then, put it in the back of the van/truck thing, and test again from the same spot.... I bet ya it will be louder... I hope I’m wrong...

Back
Top Bottom