Defective quick. Connects or something else

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
So on 2 different van/TMs my guys are having issues with water not flowing to the wands. By process of elimination we find and remove the hose that has no water pressure. -but oddly the problem will move to a different hose. And the hose that was removed will begin working again or later in the day.

Do QC (internal springs) stop working at certain min or max psi? Does excessive heat make them fail?

Tech thinks it's the water pump, which I doubt.
I don't run chemicals through the heat exchanger and I descaled them last year-- could it be the HE.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I had the same issue months ago.
Turns out the male stem was not long enough, so water did not go through or went through intermittently. Tried different hoses, the wand's micro filter, etc. till I found out the reason. Drove me nuts.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Man! Equipment and sprinter problems have been ridiculous lately.
If it were possible to drive a new Butler or TM set-up off the showroom floor on the same day as purchased just like personal cars-- I would be in debt now! But to proud owner of 2 new setups.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
I had $300.00 in ABS brakes on the duct truck, that had to go to the dealership. Another $550.00 steering pump and hoses on one of the Butlers. Rough week for repairs. :icon_neutral:

Dang those are cheap prices!!

Spent $1000 on 1 sprinter 2 weeks ago and it's back in the shop again.
The other sprinter just had $2600 for glow plugs RR.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Man I hate diesels. I have one left. After it's gone, never again.

I had a nice powerstroke that routinely went in for a 2k fix every couple of years. The one we still have took a dump at a clients home. 80 pieces of drying equipment on it 20 miles away. We had to send anther box truck to unload it. Then pay to have it towed back into town then to KC an hour away. $3,500.00

Fookin diesels! :errf:

Reactions: BIG WOOD

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
My 2 trucks are taking turns going to the shop. The one in now is getting power steering hoses and the waste tank bottom patched up and new oil pan gasket.

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Your problem regarding not getting water pressure to and through your wand, may be the Quick disconnects you are using. If one mixes the Chinese knock-off's (those that almost look identical to the US ones) with the ones originally made in the USA, then the internal pins will not engage always. One look at comparison will confirm this.

This is why we long ago, stopped purchasing (the few we did at that time) the cheaper Chinese ones and went exclusively with only the ones developed by the good old USA ones!

Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Your problem regarding not getting water pressure to and through your wand, may be the Quick disconnects you are using. If one mixes the Chinese knock-off's (those that almost look identical to the US ones) with the ones originally made in the USA, then the internal pins will not engage always. One look at comparison will confirm this.

This is why we long ago, stopped purchasing (the few we did at that time) the cheaper Chinese ones and went exclusively with only the ones developed by the good old USA ones!

Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.
Same here. I try to use only Parker qds. I found the Chinese ones were a little sharp on the male ends. The Parker are smooth and rounded properly.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
So this question and problem might just turn out to be like Zee's math problem.

On One of the TM's the problem turned out to be a faulty terminal on the ignition switch. This terminal is the one that sends power to the cat pump clutch.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have time to fix the other TM. I'll keep you posted on what I discover.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Put an open QC right at the machine, and see if it still happens..

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Put an open QC right at the machine, and see if it still happens..

I already tested it and it works like a champ!
The engine started right up also with little effort-- before we really had to crank the key..-- guess THAT was the 1st warning sign-:eekk::lol:

Reactions: Able 1

Able 1

Name
Keith
Same here. I try to use only Parker qds. I found the Chinese ones were a little sharp on the male ends. The Parker are smooth and rounded properly.
I like the stainless Foster males.. This one is a few years old..
15084601175461257529599.jpg

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom