Devpro wand

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I can send some shorter ones not a problem. They have a allen head if you want to tighten them up more than by hand.

those adjustment screws will get busted/bent/beat alltohell, Tom

No one is going to adjust jet spray on the fly anyway...
(Unless they're OVER THINKING anal retentive gEEks anyway.)
Cause there's little to no practical value in reality

and anyone that still adjusts their jets to skim the glide are morons .
That was a fad started by Greenie ..and a stupid one at that...the spray HAS to hit the fiber in order to rinse the pre-spray and crUd WELL....period

the adjustable manifold hardware will get bent due to crew abuse .
adjustable jet manifolds are worthless gEEk gadgets anyway

But if you must gEEg them out with useless additions, use stainless set screws .
The stamped sheet metal brackets/holders manifold will still get bent and need a "vise-grip adjustment" but at least the the screw wont get bent/broken

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Bucey

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
those adjustment screws will get busted/bent/beat alltohell, Tom

No one is going to adjust jet spray on the fly anyway...
(Unless they're OVER THINKING anal retentive gEEks anyway.)
Cause there's little to no practical value in reality

and anyone that still adjusts their jets to skim the glide are morons .
That was a fad started by Greenie ..and a stupid one at that...the spray HAS to hit the fiber in order to rinse the pre-spray and crUd WELL....period

the adjustable manifold hardware will get bent due to crew abuse .
adjustable jet manifolds are worthless gEEk gadgets anyway

But if you must gEEg them out with useless additions, use stainless set screws .
The stamped sheet metal brackets/holders manifold will still get bent and need a "vise-grip adjustment" but at least the the screw wont get bent/broken

..L.T.A.
Um yeah set Screw It has that just need shorter ones. Got it.

Mikey P

Administrator
I liked the set screw idea but remembered how small those Allen bits are. They well crud up and become useless.
How about a nice flush blot.

Don't listen to Larry. He would have you put the swivel on a AW29

Only nerds are going to buy this wand for the most part...Give them choices..

Reactions: TConway

Mikey P

Administrator
Use a hex bolt that will hold up forever and cut the threads to the point that none will show.

hexagon_head_set_screw.jpg

rick imby

Name
Rick
Tom

Do you own the Devpro name? If so and the items on eBay are not genuine it is easy to get ebay to delist the items.

If you don't own the Devpro name, I would change to a using a name you do own.

Mikey P

Administrator
Prices ranges from $549 to $699 for the same wand form the same seller.

None are swivel'd

Has to be Tony..

Last edited:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Other than the swivel do they perform similair? And are they constructed similairly?

I ask because I don't like swivel wands in general but would like to try out a devpro wand.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I'm working on things now, just keeping my head down and moving forward. I have no bad feelings about Tony or anyone not even JB. Just doing what I like to do, and feeling very fortunate to even be able to do the things I do.

Reactions: Art Kelley

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Other than the swivel do they perform similair? And are they constructed similairly?

I ask because I don't like swivel wands in general but would like to try out a devpro wand.
This is the thing, Joe B, was at one time a cleaner....this lead Joe to make something that was a real value to this industry.
I am also a real cleaner, and because of this the wands I put out have what I feel makes them perform better. I am not going to say what they are.
Swivel / non swivel I put what I feel makes them perform like guys want. Mike has a swivel wand, but the non swivel would still perform the same just without the swivel.
Tony is NOT a cleaner, so yes you will get a wand and I will work, but it may not work the same, I spend about 3 hours making corrections to each wand to make it the way it is. Some parts I have already had Tim start to make because of this.
It is in the details and I believe that as with Joe B being a cleaner at one time, this is what makes JB and some of his products really stand out.
The thing is there is a limit on how cheap you can go without effecting performance at some point.

Reactions: cu

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Only nerds are going to buy this wand for the most part

only nerds with pocket microscopes will say they adjust jets when going from CGD to heavy cut piles .
NO ONE in the "real world" will

they'll set it and forget it
(until it gets whacked out shape, then they'll get the vise-grips out)

adjustable jets are a gEEk gadget with no real world practical value....it only adds needless manufacturing costs

..L.T.A.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
only nerds with pocket microscopes will say they adjust jets when going from CGD to heavy cut piles .
NO ONE in the "real world" will

they'll set it and forget it
(until it gets whacked out shape, then they'll get the vise-grips out)

adjustable jets are a gEEk gadget with no real world practical value....it only adds needless manufacturing costs

..L.T.A.
We are all entitled to have a opinion, I do agree to a certain point, this is why I made them the way I did, and why I am messing with the glide.
When you come to a really well maintained carpet or I do....I do angle my jets as close to the wand slot, and turn down pressure.
With a VERY good pre vacuuming and lower pressure and my jets angled as close to the wand slot as possible I feel I can do a very good job and try and keep the rinse from going further down than I need to, and get a little better dry times.
I also use fans to help with drying....I don't have a ton of these types of customers, but the ones I do have I want to do my best and keep them.
I don't think it needs to get to crazy or overboard with brackets but it does seem to help, and everybody is different, so why not try and make a wand that they can customize the way they want it to be for them.
Just like swivel or non swivel, flow of jets, that kinda thing.

Reactions: cleanking

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
Hey Tom, did you see my message about the Teflon glide? Mike was telling me it needs to be thicker on each side, maybe he can chime in on what he was talking about exactly.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Hey Tom, did you see my message about the Teflon glide? Mike was telling me it needs to be thicker on each side, maybe he can chime in on what he was talking about exactly.
Yes I kinda !@#$% the glide when I was trying to get it done. I know what he was referring to.

Reactions: cleanking

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Adjustable jets are the only reason I'm considering it.

do you have a pocket microscope ?
or are you so frustrated with over spray at the end you're desperate?

we already know Tom's an over thinking gadget gEEk
but what's your story, Candy?

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
No Zipper
No RE
No Brush Pro
Wtf do you clean with meAt?

pre-spray and 09 jetted Ti w/slot glide(down from 12)
If more is needed, roto scrub first

also use a Cert Pile brush to scrub 'n dig at the same time

I'm carpet cleaner that does amazing things...know how and why too

not a tool de jour pack follower

..L.T.A.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
no, I think you should buy two for every truck

..L.T.A.

But I already have 2 titanium a on every truck, I just like to try new tools out and see if they work for myself

as I enjoy my craft and like to see and try out all the new tools. Especially when someone I repect said it was a very good built and operating tool.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I agree with Larry.
I had JB's adjustable jet angle wand and it was a pain to deal with. Flimsily built and changing the angles was close to impossible. Hell, setting the jets in a set angle and stay there was a chore.

I did not see any visible difference or gain whatsoever, accomplished by changing the angle. Beside the time loss of fiddling with it.

I am sure that unlike JB's, Mr. Conway's wand will be well built.
As a feedback to him for whatever its worth: I will hesitate to buy any wand with adjustable angles being concerned that the mechanism will not be sturdy enough. On the other hand a sturdy wand with great recovery, airflow, low profile and good ergonomics is always good to have and well worth the money.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Especially when someone I repect said it was a very good built and operating tool.

I think it's a very well built wand, Mike.
my comments/thoughts weren't meant to imply it's a rinki-dink flimsy thing like the Greenhorn
(which is an "OK" wand, just not a "forever" wand)
the type construction that will last an operator "forever" ...like the Ti or steel Prochem wand

Don't know how long the swivel will last, but it's a solid wand.

My thing is, I know what "crew abuse" is...I "personally" can break an anvil myself

maybe Tom should have two versions .
One with all the gadgets for the gEEks, and one with solid fixed manifold and no swivel .
Getting rid of the tiny QDs, swivel and manufacturing costs to stamp brackets and threaded hardware would put a quality "forever" wand within reach of the average BD

..L.T.A.

Reactions: dealtimeman

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I think it's a very well built wand, Mike.
my comments/thoughts weren't meant to imply it's a rinki-dink flimsy thing like the Greenhorn
(which is an "OK" wand, just not a "forever" wand)
the type construction that will last an operator "forever" ...like the Ti or steel Prochem wand

Don't know how long the swivel will last, but it's a solid wand.

My thing is, I know what "crew abuse" is...I "personally" can break an anvil myself

maybe Tom should have two versions .
One with all the gadgets for the gEEks, and one with solid fixed manifold and no swivel .
Getting rid of the tiny QDs, swivel and manufacturing costs to stamp brackets and threaded hardware would put a quality "forever" wand within reach of the average BD

..L.T.A.

I agree 1 hunred pacent!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom