Devpro wand

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
Have you compared the front to back measurement to your Evo Wand?

I'd guess the Dev is wider..

"Pre Vac".... cures cancer AND cleans your countertops!

I'll check on that size when we get back from RS9, Jon was out today and told me he had the vacuum in every home today.

See we're listening ;)

Reactions: Mikey P

hogjowl

Idiot™
I've said this before, but for the sake of the slow among us, I will repeat myself.

One of the worst things about running a glided wand is wand edge dribble. It's the run off of water at the edges of the glide. (Formally know as overspray) It is caused by the jets hitting the top back of the glide. Some of the water runs off the edge. No matter if you go down to 80 degree jets and angle them any which way you want, it still happens. Why is this a problem?

Because as you edge around furniture, this run off accumulates against the base and causes furniture stains. The only way to prevent it is to:

Stay a couple of inches away from furniture that you are edging around ... which isn't practical

Move everything and put it on blocks ... which isn't practical

Run without a glide ... which isn't practical

Have a wand that allows you to adjust the jets so the spray doesn't hit the top of the glide.

Don't make me have to explain this again!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
If you take the extenders off your POS wand the jets may not hit the end of the green glide. Or get a wand that is not designed for the jets to shear the glide's end (the zipper doesn't.)
Which is another silly (in my opinion) fashion started by Greenie. There is no benefit to the jets shearing the glides' end.

And since you mention only the things that are not practical and we know that currently you do not have an adjustable jet wand, what have you been doing so far to avoid the furniture stains?

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I am not aware of furniture stains happening at my clients'.
When cleaning near one (dresser, beds etc.) I'll wand straight at it (90 degree) which leaves about half or a quarter of an inch dry space and edge it with the cuff if needed.

Seem to work well.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
He can call it The CurmudgeonatOr

Adjustable jets will be nice.

YOU "THINK" , you mean

if your wand jets skim the glide, then bend that tinfoil POS manifold hardware on your greenbean wand to NOT skim the glide
But I'll bet my last bullet that won't help...cause what's happening is, the jet spray impact is bouncing/splashing off the carpet onto the glide ..and then dribbling to the end

that's why it's worse on CGD and not so on cut pile ...it's not "just" because it's harder to see on cut pile, it's more because you get more splash on short/tight loop pile CGD

an 'ats a fact Jack

turn down your pressure and the dribbles will minimize or go away...cause it don't splash as much

..L.T.A.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I put rubber spacers on the manifold of my ti and don't have the problem you describe. It moves the manifold back just enough that it doesn't hit the glide..
1443581914313.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
did those spacers fix a non-existent problem?

i didn't say it was "non existent"....i said it was from splash back off the carpet
I know exactly what you're talking about
and it can happen on non glided wands too depending on psi, carpet type and speed of stroke .

three factors contribute to it;

1.) speed of back stroke
The guys that do the "triggered sawing" back and forth on sq yrd sections at a time don't see it (or rarely ever do) cause the wand stroke is so much faster and the splash bounce doesn't pool and dribble off the wand ends.

Slow keyed back strokes is where you see it the worst

2.) PSI
self explanatory...the higher psi, the more splash bounce

3.) carpet type
Stiff olie loop is harder, tighter and bounce splashes more.
The more worn/flatter/tighter, the worse

the Devpro i saw was a solid wand ...far better than the flimsy greenbean .
You won't make a mistake buying it...but don't be surprised when it doesn't cure all your ills on the worn and/or tight loop piles

..L.T.A.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I just ordered a swivel head devpro(or what ever it is called), 549 plus shipping from erik at nucleansupply

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
This is a dang wand. I will compare it to my ti wand. I needed a replacement wand will I change my ti wand into a devpro imatation. I am going to open up the slot about 3/16 of a inch on my ti wand and have a custom glide made for it. I am always tinkering with stuff for better performance.

The Wizard

For those who have the swivel Devpro, how was getting used to the swivel, when never having used a swivel wand before ?

Having used the swivel, do you wish you had the swivel wand a long time ago, or do you miss your past non swivel wand ?

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
For those who have the swivel Devpro, how was getting used to the swivel, when never having used a swivel wand before ?

Having used the swivel, do you wish you had the swivel wand a long time ago, or do you miss your past non swivel wand ?

There is somewhat of a learning curve to the swivel, nothing too difficult but it is taking a little bit different of a stroke to get a nice straight out straight back stroke.

That said I wish we would've had this wand a long time ago. The ability to clean under almost any bed and get under about 70% of most furniture is awesome. Also makes stairs much easier. Only down side is this wand screams when hooked up the vac line, but not a big deal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom