Discuss the Mike and Shawn ONLY thread HERE

Mikey P

Administrator
I act like that?

my truck kicks ass each and almost everyday.

but the damn thing did shut down on me again today.

more electrical issues.... :oops:

So Erik did you have Cermak design that banner ad for nothing?

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Mikey P said:

and the Vortex did not make my company who we are today.

My people skills and cleaning ethics did.

truer words have never been spoken, the guys that are successful with a vortex as the same guys who would be successful using a #4 blower slide in. some of you guys might remember me telling my story of the customers perception way back when I worked for rainbow. the guys that were best at bullshitting had the most satisfied customers, these guys were also the worst at cleaning carpets, me I was better at cleaning carpets, but sucked at people skills guess, what I got more complaints, fewer requests to clean again on their next appointment etc. the customers perception of the job is 70% bullshitting ability and 30% actual quality of work.

Mikey P

Administrator
I've closed that thread.

No point in keeping it going. His actions will only do him great harm at this point.

I don't hate Shawn at all, I feel real sorry for the guy actually. We've had a strange relationship over the years, he has used me as a premium marketing tool while pretending it was a real friendship. Intense ups and down for sure. I did everything I could to help grow his business but in the end his lack of interest and attention got the best of him and his baby.

I apologize for exposing you all to this ugliness. It was not my idea and I never should have let it happen.

Fear not Dual Wanders the future is very bright for those of us with the need for speed.

and good luck Shawn.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Any reasonable person who reads this thread can see that SLY caused his own train wreck, despite the efforts of many good people who tried to help him over the years.

"No good deed goes unpunished".

Mike Stevens

Thank You so much for your insight regarding Vortex. Back in 2006 I started saving for a Vortex Carpet Cleaning Truck. I had printed out the picture of the truck. Everyday for the last 6 years I have been looking at that picture in my garage. For the last two years I have not been visting the Vortex sight. The last time I went to the Vortex sight it told of the sale to Blue Line. I felt a bit disapointed that Vortex was not able to continue on its own. But I thought maybe the owner wanted to sell and move on to somthing new. Recently I have been keying in Vortex and different companies keep coming up. Until tonight I decided to key in "what happened to vortex carpet cleaning truck' and I found your blog.

Thank you for saving me my $55,000.00 in savings. I had no idea how lucky I was not to have purchased one through the refinancing of my home in 2006. I did not want the pressure of a mortgage payment dependant upon the success of my new carpet cleaning business back in 2006. So instead I decided to wait until I could buy one pretty much free and clear with just a little finacing.

Thanks again for closing this chapter of my life. I really did not know about EPA restrictions regarding exhaust. What a lucky break I recieved by reading your post. The advertisments Vortex had on the internet were very impressive. I guess they had me fooled. Thank you for setting the record straight.

Regards Mike Stevens

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom