Discuss the Mike and Shawn ONLY thread HERE

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Bob Foster said:
It has passed its zenith to be eclipsed by a truck that is more practical, efficient and powerful than any iteration of Vortex that has ever been made.

Bob- You do understand that most of us here do not understand one word you just said.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I don't think he did either Doug, cause it didn't quite make sense. Butler has been around for 30 years.

Love your new avatar Doug, oh to be in the 70's again :-)

Bob Foster

Doug Cox said:
[quote="Bob Foster":u7we1qc0] It has passed its zenith to be eclipsed by a truck that is more practical, efficient and powerful than any iteration of Vortex that has ever been made.

Bob- You do understand that most of us here do not understand one word you just said.[/quote:u7we1qc0]

Let me rephrase this.

The Vortex design is over the hill and WAY past its prime. (But its still cleans like hell).

Soon there will be better trucks out there than any model of Vortex ever was.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Bob Foster said:
[quote="Doug Cox":9w5x0lnk][quote="Bob Foster":9w5x0lnk] It has passed its zenith to be eclipsed by a truck that is more practical, efficient and powerful than any iteration of Vortex that has ever been made.

Bob- You do understand that most of us here do not understand one word you just said.[/quote:9w5x0lnk]

Let me rephrase this.

The Vortex design is over the hill and WAY past its prime. (But its still cleans like hell).

Soon there are going to be way better trucks out there.[/quote:9w5x0lnk]

all good things come to a end sooner or later...........this was just way sooner then what was lead to believe............

steve g

Name
steve garrett
york's goose is cooked,

as per vortex/blueline contract " provided that it is commercially reasonable for Buyer to continue to manufacture and market such Vortex PTO Machines" all bruders has to say is it was no longer commerically reasonable.

I also don't see how its legally binding a company coming in to purchase the name and assets of one company can be forced to do anything with the agreements and obligations of the name and assets of the company they just bought. this all sounds like horseshit to me. I also think its pretty low class to post all the legal info including contracts on the board. I know there is alot of hurt feelings but there has to be a line in what is considered professional, doing that is not IMO.

what if the contract that legends had when the bought blueline was simply for the rights to bluelines name and truckmout parts, how would that be an obligation to continue making vortexs?? further bruders could just hold the vortex patent and name and tell york to f himself, and still keep the name and patents.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Scott Rogers said:
[quote="Ken Snow":2hcp1g87]:-) :-)

Loren - in all seriousness, what specifically about your unit do you feel is more impressive in cleaning performance than a Butler?

More Heat, Flow (powermatics use 3/8 inch hose instead of 1/4),More vacuum (butlers blower rpms are much slower then most slide ins), proper and working Chem draw system., Better lay out. and a vacuum hose reel that can carry more then 150ft of hose.[/quote:2hcp1g87]

I guess Scott answered this pretty well. A Butler being "able to reach 230" is not the same thing as maintaining 230 and higher. Also, the higher flows will lower the temps produced by the heat exchanger. Being able to maintain more heat with more flow gives you significantly more cleaning performance at the carpet/wand interface.

Cleaning better helps with repeat and referrals and helps you to charge more and get it, without as much marketing expense. Cleaning faster makes sense financially also.

Also, compare a Butler side by side with a Powermatic, or other big impressive looking truck mount, and see if your customers aren't more impressed with the big slide in.

There are many reasons pro and con for any machine choice, but based simply upon cleaning performance, and appearance, there are machines that will give more in that category than a van powered heat exchange system.

Different strokes for different folks and their different markets.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I should apologize for saying shawn was unprofessional, while I still think it, I must admit I like drama, I like knowing what the backroom deal really was, I like the airing of dirty laundry, so with that said go shawn.

Ryan

Mikey should be paying Shawn royalty for all the hits these two threads are bringing his board! shiteatinggrin

Name
George Valliant
Thanks for sharing Shawn...

That document eliminated my paranoia. Now I know who's wearing black hats and who's wearing white hats.

Keeping our fingers crossed the good guy wins!

Mikey P

Administrator
CCFool if you come away from that thinking Bruder's is the black hat here you really are a f'n idiot.

provided that it is commercially reasonable for Buyer to continue to manufacture and market such Vortex PTO Machines

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Mikey P said:
provided that it is commercially reasonable for Buyer to continue to manufacture and market such Vortex PTO Machines

yorkie seems to have forgot that little, teeny little provision in the contract. as a side note I saw no provision for punishment or any penalty for disobeying terms of the contract. there is no teeth in the agreement. I could have missed it but I don't think it said anything about the patent and the name reverting back to shawn in the event it was no longer commercially reasonable to manufacture the machine. blueline could just sit on their hands, keep vortex and sit on it. this might be the outcome after york publicly humiliated them with IMO information you keep behind closed doors.

I think it shows yorkie's desperation when all else fails you try to take it public. if the case was really as lead pipe as shawn claims, most people let the attorneys deal the body blows.

If I was blueline I would stay far away from those broke dick zerorez people. all those guys are is venturi without beaulieu carpets money if there are doubts they should ask aerotech how that relationship ended.

Mikey P

Administrator
They left Aerotech holding a bag full of 40 ordered but unpaid for trucks.

and how does a patent that sold for $74K plus continuing royalties of 2 grand a truck suddenly become worth 1.2Mil?

Name
George Valliant
Mikey P said:
CCFool if you come away from that thinking Bruder's is the black hat here you really are a f'n idiot.

I don't know mikey and I don't care... I just upset cuz I'm afraid they are trying to take the big trucks away from everyone.

Besides, don't be hating just cuz I'm a fool....

Are you upset with me for calling you a cry baby?

Please don't be angry...

Heck, I listened to that song so many times today I almost started crying too... :cry:

It's a great song!

:cry:

I'll try to be a good boy. But, sometimes it's difficult for me cuz I'm soooo bad...

Bjorn

•The drama's done. Why then here does any one step forth? --Because one did survive the wreck.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
Dude the answear is simple
yappie does not need Mr P...he needs chuck
he will lead yappie to a new land to build the truck of dreams and im/export them to new markets the world over...Germany is just crying for the new hortex

Bjorn

Speak not to me of blasphemy, man; I'd strike the sun if it insulted me. Look ye, Starbuck, all visible objects are but as pasteboard masks. Some inscrutable yet reasoning thing puts forth the molding of their features. The white whale tasks me; he heaps me. Yet he is but a mask. 'Tis the thing behind the mask I chiefly hate; the malignant thing that has plagued mankind since time began; the thing that maws and mutilates our race, not killing us outright but letting us live on, with half a heart and half a lung.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I think instead of mikey and greenie handling the design of the new vortex after getting it back from blueline, it should have been odin instead. maybe yorkie can sweet talk odin into taking it on, although it might take making good on the damage to odins van done by that terraclean chick that odin claims york wanted to phuck.

Name
George Valliant
Mikey, my carpet cleaning career has spanned 28 years. I'm tired of cleaning floors with under performing equipment. Just when something truly powerful, innovative and fresh comes within my grasp it has been snatched away by people who hasten its demise. Does it appear to you that Skagin/Legend have made any effort to promote the Vortex Brand? Absolutely not! In fact, just the opposite!

They have treated Vortex like a complete bastard child since the day they took over. It was obvious when Blueline Brand made the Legends website and Vortex Brand did not. Vortex was left twisting in the wind without as much as an update or honorable mention. Does that sound commercially reasonable to you? The Vortex website is completely gone now and there are reports that Legends is refusing to take new orders. What happened to the advertisements in Cleanfax Magazine? I receive marketing material regularly from Legends but never a mention of Vortex. Legend/Skagin is guilty of “shelfing” the Vortex Brand. Shelfing is not what York had in mind, according to the contract, when he sold it to Blueline, who in-turn sold it to Skagin/Legend (see provision 2.10). I have absolute confidence that York will re-build the Vortex brand and restore it to what it was before Skagin/Legend, or even Blueline, took over. What does that mean to me? If York is controlling Vortex I will again have the opportunity to purchase a new one. That will not be the case if Legends/Skagin continue their current course of action, or inaction regarding the Vortex Brand.

There is no argument York has an interest in the success of "Vortex - The Worlds Most Powerful Cleaning Machine"!!! I applaud his efforts to restore the Vortex Brand and I’ll be the first in line to purchase the first unit to roll off his assembly line.

At 44 years of age I'm an old man by carpet cleaning standards. I need the luxury, power, convenience, speed and performance The Vortex offers. Furthermore, the only way a little guy like me can compete against the big Stanley Steamers of the world is to offer a better product. How am I going to do that if I loose the only tool available that seperates me from them?

Is this what you really want Mikey? You want to see Vortex die a slow agonizing death at the hands of people who don’t understand its heritage and impact on our industry? If it weren’t for Vortex manufacturers would still be putting out crappy carpet cleaning machines barely capable of 400 CFM’s and 180 degree heat.

No! If you want to drive another nail into the heart of Vortex you’re gonna have to do it without me. I don’t understand where you are coming from. You, with 20 years in the business should know there will always be a market for the Vortex. Especially for owner operators who feel the machine is the only way to level the playing field between us and the corporate giants and their million dollar advertising budgets.

Mikey P

Administrator
No George I never wanted Vortex to die. I had big hopes for Blueline when the first took over production. I own one and I love what it does for my biz and my client's floors

Now think to yourself George, think real hard.

IF THERE WAS MONEY TO BE MADE IN SELLING THESE UNITS WHY WOULDN'T BRUDERS WANT TO SELL THEM?

IF THERE WAS MONEY TO BE MADE IN SELLING THESE UNITS WHY WOULDN'T BRUDERS WANT TO SELL THEM?

Now lets think about Aerotech, they have a great reputation for quality and customer service, IMO they make a machine far better then the last two offerings from Blueline,
They runs the rag ads, they go to the trade shows, they have staff to answer phones, they have a snazzy website.

and yet....

NO ONE IS BUYING THEM!

Skagit/Legends did not take the Big Truck away George, the economy and modern emission standards did.

Now if you can't come to terms with that brutal but very honest truth I want you to curl up in a corner, suck your thumb and jerk off to this picture till you feel better.

xentherm_ad.jpg

Good night George.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
I have absolute confidence that York will re-build the Vortex brand and restore it to what it was before Skagin/Legend, or even Blueline, took over. .

dude get ahold of yourself!!!!!! stop, are you ok man??? and where was vortex before blueline bought it?? if I remember correctly aerotech was once again building the machines, even though they had just been sued by shawn, they hated shawn over there. so if york gets the rights to vortex back, here is how it will play out, which is the same way its always played out, he will go to a manufacturer and tell them I need 5 machines built a month, sales price of each machine will be 100k, if an only if they are stupid enough to do it, (wait a minute what if they called up, aerotech, petersen, FMI or even blueline and asked what they think of yorkie) anyways lets say they do it, the pattern is set, what will happen is maybe, just maybe one machine will be sold a month, this will last for maybe a year. then said manufacturer will get pissed off, get in a legal dispute with shawn and cease making the machines, then its on to the next manufacturer, then what are the chances of the supposed next one not checking with the last 5 other companies, dude vortex is dead, its done, even with the dealer network and support of the entire established company of blueline, they even with a manufacturing plant already in place, already making slide in machines, already having management in place, so you see it costs them less money to make the machines as they already have everything in place. EVEN THEY CAN'T MAKE ANY MONEY DOING IT.

carpet cleaning fool, I am starting to think it should be carpet cleaning dumbass instead, your posts lack insight, they lack logic. mikey is trying to make you see the light. you would be best to take his advice, you are on your own with your machine, and that is just fine if you don't complain about that when the shit hits the fan. all of what I wrote up top is provided emissions and electronics even allow a vortex type unit to be installed.

its been established that york is a salesman,
if you are ok with buying a machine made by a soon to be pissed of manufacturer,
if you are ok with buying a machine from the guy in a van down by the river,
if you are ok with buying a machine from a guy who never inserts himself into technical discussions about HIS product,
if you are ok that you will have to rely on a past HOSTILE manufacturer for parts,
if you are ok about not being able to get any ideas on how to fix your machine after calling the guy ie salesman and not getting any answers on how to fix your machine,
if you are ok asking a used car salesman how to fix your car after you bought it,
if you are ok with knowing if the truck is ever totaled you have a pile a componets with no one to install them in a new truck,
if you are ok having to call jim martin and spending your sunday afternoon chasing a cluster phuck of wires while york sips pina coladas in costa rica.
if you are ok knowing any future new trucks may not exist and they may not support tapping the exhuast or electronics for a machine from the totaled truck.
if you are ok knowing shawn owns a name and one patent has little financial backing and has to depend on others to support and service and fix the machines.
if you are ok with the new manufacture never having built or designed a TM before, are you going to buy unit #1 from them
if you are ok knowing you could have 2 machines at two different locations making money at 2 different places for the same money as a new vortex
if you are ok knowing shawn has left a path of destruction and ciaos with every manufacturing company he has delt with.

if you are ok with all that, then buy a vortex, and jerk off daily to the picture of the zen fluid that mikey just posted.

Name
George Valliant
mikey, don't hold back. Tell me how you really feel. Likewise, I'll show you the same curtesy.

Do terms like sellout, backstabber, traitor, hypocrite, and two-faced mean anything to you? Probably more than words like honor, heritage, originality, performance, truth and respect do.

I don't have time right now to kick your bitch ass. So, while your waiting why don't you take a look in the mirror and ask the punk staring back if you really want me to continue.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom