Do you agree with these numbers?

Mikey P

Administrator
FB_IMG_1498071729725.jpg

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Who did the original research? I know that this was shared on FB by a respected member of the cleaning industry, so I'm not looking for his name, but instead the study that gave his company this information.

I have an idea of where it came from, but will withhold comment until I know for sure.

Reactions: Ed Valentine

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The problem with "industry standards" (still holding back till I know the real source) like these is that the uninformed may make costly mistakes in bidding their work because they will accept this at face value and not look at their own records and be realistic about what THEY are capable of doing, not what others say that the should be able to do.

Also, it would be easy to say that a 10,000 square foot job would take 10 hours at 1000 square feet per hour. However, few of us are in the physical condition to be able to clean for 10 hours straight and be as productive as when we started.

While I find even 1000 square feet per hour for hot water extraction a stretch, if I accept it, its more fair to call it 1000 square feet the FIRST hour, with a declining production rate until the first break.

Name
Lee Stockwell
NO I don't buy these numbers, the reason they were published, or any real value in such "benchmarks ".

There is quite an industry in 3rd party brokering of our services that DOESN'T really benefit US at all.

They don't have the actual skills or the expenses in labor or tools locally to actually DO any project.

However sitting in their out of state offices they light up the phones trying to get our accounts and con us into legitimizing them by doing the work for less than half.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
That's why being a small business means being very efficient. Big 18 inch hoover for the large areas and a POS 16 inch castex. Using a 300 speed buffer to bonnet clean covering 4 k an hour gets it done!

I can be done in half the time as you losers so I have more time to take a nap!

Or is that LOOZERS?

Reactions: Mikey P

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
They don't have the actual skills or the expenses in labor or tools locally to actually DO any project.

However sitting in their out of state offices they light up the phones trying to get our accounts and con us into legitimizing them by doing the work for less than half.[/QUOTE]

There is quite an industry in 3rd party brokering of our services that DOESN'T really benefit US at all.

Sounds like the group over on the Potomack.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
We are simple janitors in this world..............a lower class of people who are taken advantaged of.

: )

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I don't think I could pull off any of those numbers really.

Just too fast...

The rotary numbers also stuck out and really don't think can do that either. Don't think could get a rotary to plant down and clean well.

I think even the HWE numbers are high with a truckmount and Zipper.

Was trying to read them on my phone but they all seem off

Reactions: Nomad74

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom