Does this look like a good investment for my little business?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm tired of my stuff sitting outside and my storage building at home is almost fully crammed with my air movers, dehus, chems, tools, etc. It's about 10min away from my house. It needs a little paint and polish, but it seems like a good move. Talk some sense into me. Is it a foolish move for 2023?

Reactions: Living The Dream

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I'm tired of my stuff sitting outside and my storage building at home is almost fully crammed with my air movers, dehus, chems, tools, etc. It's about 10min away from my house. It needs a little paint and polish, but it seems like a good move. Talk some sense into me. Is it a foolish move for 2023?

For $75,000 you can't go wrong. Almost half an acre. Get the water hooked up, install a beer fridge and you'll have your own man cave surrounded with all your carpet cleaning gear. What more does a man need?

FredC

Village Idiot
I'd wonder why the water wasn't actually hooked up already.....and sewer/septic.........and require tires and similar items removed

what is it zoned(looks to be in residential)? Can you add on/rebuild in the future....

will selling it be an issue down the road

*looks like it is unincorporated so I couldn't check
zone.jpg

Last edited:

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses

Do it

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'd wonder why the water wasn't actually hooked up already.....and sewer/septic.........and require tires and similar items removed

what is it zoned(looks to be in residential)? Can you add on/rebuild in the future....

View attachment 122150
It’s r3 residential even though it’s listed as commercial. I wonder if the seller has said commercial just to get more $

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.

View attachment 122150
It is in a heavy residential area. But only .03miles off the main drag in Toccoa, which is a prime location. I'll ask about the water and septic if I take this further

Reactions: Cleanworks

Mikey P

Administrator
Good idea. Matt. Do it. I’ll send the old tires to Mikey and the rest of the garbage to the Canadians.
Matt Cole came to Death Valley with us with some four ply freebie tires that came with his new Can-Am.

He had to go home after the first day to go 8 ply shopping

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

View attachment 122150

Zoning and resale issues are a big deal.

I was at a zoning meeting two days ago where some poor kid who wants to run a lawn mowing business out of his garage had to endure all sorts of petty objections from every “Karen” in the neighborhood with their kitty whipped husbands offering supportive statements in the way a hostage supports their captors in a propaganda film.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I agree. I’m in a two structure neighborhood with an HOA. Even though it’s mostly tradesman and motor home and travel trailer owners, they tried to restrict me. I had to convince them that my building was for “storage”. That being said, it don’t look like there’s Any Karen’s around that place.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
The Karens in my mobile home park don't like my loud motorcycle and my heavy metal music blaring. They look the other way when I put on some George Jones tunes , dance in my under wear and smoke a swisher sweet cigar. I yell at them telling them to come in my yard so I can shoot their fat ass!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The Karens in my mobile home park don't like my loud motorcycle and my heavy metal music blaring. They look the other way when I put on some George Jones tunes , dance in my under wear and smoke a swisher sweet cigar. I yell at them telling them to come in my yard so I can shoot their fat ass!
Good thing there's no Tina's there.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

So then....you'll havta drive home to even take a dump......?
Ohh I'm talking waste tank...
But you get my drift....
DON DO IT! in these days you wanna
Be DEBT FREE.....or they will take it away from you..
Cides That's ghetto as hell...
Shrink yor footprint!!!!!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Ahh Jim Jim.....have you ever heard the phrase RED FLAG.....in times lik these I'd censor my words a tad more carefully!!!

Last edited:
Name
Swani
I would definitely jump on that if you can get the water figured out. Having a location will also add value to your business if you ever want to sell it.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I would definitely jump on that if you can get the water figured out. Having a location will also add value to your business if you ever want to sell it.
No it won't.....chain link fence?
I guaranty you'll have the walking dED as squatters real quick!
I suppose you could put Razor wire on the fence but that would only pique their interest....
I see them creepin on ya one nite while yor working on yor truck!

Last edited:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

if no municipal water and sewer available, figure $12K for a new well complete (based on 125ft depth max)
A new NPDES septic (that's allowable almost anywhere) system $17k-$22k

IF muni water and sewage is available (and it's just not connected yet)
Figure $75-$100 per ft for sanitary hook-up and $60 or so per ft water.

these are current prices in Ohio done by "legit" licensed contractors based on several I've spec'd and got completed in the last 10 months or so.

..L.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
if no municipal water and sewer available, figure $12K for a new well complete (based on 125ft depth max)
A new NPDES septic (that's allowable almost anywhere) system $17k-$22k

IF muni water and sewage is available (and it's just not connected yet)
Figure $75-$100 per ft for sanitary hook-up and $60 or so per ft water.

these are current prices in Ohio done by "legit" licensed contractors based on several I've spec'd and got completed in the last 10 months or so.

..L.T.A.
Yabut Larr....what about the currency collapse we're about to experience......he won't be able to make the payments.....?
An lose the whole kit an cabutle?

Hey Larr.....theres some TP on yor shoe!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom