Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
are they still making aero techs? looks like the newest one is a 2016

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Chevy W4500... 13,500 VGW... You can't even feel the weight even with a full tank.. Engine has a ton of power.. Runs on regular gas.. Machine has a fuel tap in tank... 150 gallon waste tank....live fresh water and A. P. O. lines.. All the room you will ever need for anything.....

P4100285.JPG
20171218_131135.jpg
20190102_085938.jpg

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Nice rigs @Jim Martin.
Parking and low handing trees on sidewalks are issues I have to deal with in SF.
SO I think I have my dream machine for my service area.
It's a 370 in a low roof, short wheelbase transit with a freshwater tank.
I'm a former V/AT and Sprinter owner.- I don't recommend MBenz.

I'm a little worried that changing blower belts will be a PIA- But I haven't watched the howto video yet.

Reactions: Living The Dream

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Nice rigs @Jim Martin.
Parking and low handing trees on sidewalks are issues I have to deal with in SF.
SO I think I have my dream machine for my service area.
It's a 370 in a low roof, short wheelbase transit with a freshwater tank.
I'm a former V/AT and Sprinter owner.- I don't recommend MBenz.

I'm a little worried that changing blower belts will be a PIA- But I haven't watched the howto video yet.

Agree.... Be careful l with the Benz... They are a maintenence nightmare after so many miles and it will nickel and dime you to death... I know 3 really really good diesel mechanics that all agree... After so many miles it is the worst service truck out there..

MerCrewser

My mid roof transit/Everest 650 is all I’d ever want. Standing headroom and I can go through any drive thru and park in my garage. 75% of my solo residentials, the machine is running on the upholstery setting.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
My mid roof transit/Everest 650 is all I’d ever want. Standing headroom and I can go through any drive thru and park in my garage. 75% of my solo residentials, the machine is running on the upholstery setting.
i have no idea if this is true but I feel that puts a load on the machine or maybe un-needed Stress cleaning carpet on upholstery

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I wouldn't say my little astro van cds is my dream unit but it's the most practical unit I've had for the city. Has enough room for a portable and accessories and gets into 6' 4" parkade. Best of both worlds, truck mount and portable. I wish they still made astrovans, I might just buy another one.

View attachment 101961
I agree, I love that setup also. It's a perfect setup for a technician also

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I agree, I love that setup also. It's a perfect setup for a technician also
I keep saying it's my back up unit but I find myself using it more and more. Very simple unit, just swapped out the heat exchanger for another one that I insulated with spray foam. With a 6 flow wand I am averaging 205-210 degrees f. Good enough.

Reactions: Living The Dream

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I don't see any benefit over a box truck with a cab over that turns on a dime and is super friendly to do maintenance work on

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Chris A

Name
Chris
The mid roof transits and 570s that the guys use are my favorite setups I've ever run, I'm 6'3" and can kinda stand up in it, and there's tons of room to throw rugs on top of the machine and reels. My van is a low roof and it's great other than I can't walk into it

Reactions: Mikey P
Back
Top Bottom