EDIC portables @ Connections 2013

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
they have picked up their game, from when my dad bought his 1st portys, some 23 years ago...

they looked pretty good

Willy P

Name
Willy P
http://www.***************/informat...9_gallon_extractors/index_files/aquaroyal.gif

Mikey P

Administrator
http://www.edic-usa.com/index.php/p...es-12-gallon-extractors/galaxy-2000lx-hr.html

I have the strong feeling that the guys assembling these were not picking strawberries last week.

galaxy-2000-500-psi_11-600x600_1.jpg

Reactions: GCCLee

Chris A

Name
Chris
Chris any quality issues with your unit?

What made you buy that unit over another brand?

I don't think so but I don't really know portables. it was sitting in one of my restoration customers shop and I got it for next to nothing.

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
It turns out that the portable I've been using for the last 4 years (which I bought off of CL) is a model EDIC made for a private label company called "Super Duper". I've never been able to figure out what brand of machine I had until I saw that video and called EDIC and asked them about it. Turns out my extractor is about 15 yrs old and looks pretty much like the one in the video! Up until very recently it's been a workhourse but now there's a few things going down so rather than swap parts (even if available) I think I'll pull the trigger on one of those smaller machines Mike video taped. Thanks Mikey!:smile:

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
I think that smaller unit is exactly what ALL full time Truckmount guys need to have around

Can be lugged to a job in your wife's Lexus SUV if needed.

Kick ass on all uph

Rugs

Or do a full day of carpet if the van is down.

and one guy can get it upstairs if needed.

pjacobs

Name
Paul Jacobs
Hey Mikey's Board
Thanks for all the positive comments. I know the units will live up to their reputation. What i'm really happy about is you guys didn't bash me for that spur of the moment interveiw.
Mikey, it was nice to meet you and thanks for posting the video!
Mark

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That machine looks to be setup backwards a large waste water opening and a small solution opening. It will make it difficult to pour into, I'd much rather have a large solution and a smaller waste opening. Plus the water water sits on top of the clean water? I would think that would make it top heavy when waste water is up top?

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
Hey Mikey's Board
Thanks for all the positive comments. I know the units will live up to their reputation. What i'm really happy about is you guys didn't bash me for that spur of the moment interveiw.
Mikey, it was nice to meet you and thanks for posting the video!
Mark
It was a good interview and I'll soon be buying one of your machines. Nothing to bash about there. Now the fact that you've never been in a hot tub - that's certainly kinda weird and bashable!:stir:

EDIC

Name
Rick
That machine looks to be setup backwards a large waste water opening and a small solution opening. It will make it difficult to pour into, I'd much rather have a large solution and a smaller waste opening. Plus the water water sits on top of the clean water? I would think that would make it top heavy when waste water is up top?
Hello Doc,
Thank you for the feedback. I took a few pictures on my phone so that you could more clearly see the openings (from the top) as the video makes it a bit hard to judge. The front opening (solution tank) is actually slightly larger than the waste water opening and can easily accommodate a standard 5 gallon bucket with no mess. The back port is quite large but that was by design, we wanted the operator to be able to easily access the float cage without having to struggle to get their hand in.

As far as the waste water sitting on top of the clean water; The front tank holds the clean water and the rear tank is for waste recovery. They are side by side but not on top of each other.
Best regards,
Rick
Service Manager
-View attachment 2994

hogjowl

Idiot™
I think the reason nobody gave you any trouble is because you never seemed (to me) to give any false or inflated information. We like guys who tell the truth and call a wart a wart. You never said your machine was capable of TM performance. I wouldn't mind having one of those smaller ones myself.

But don't ship it. All I said was I wouldn't MIND having one. Don't take that as an order for the product. I've been burned once that way, so I have to be careful.

Reactions: Shorty
Name
jack zerkie
New toy on the way. Thanks Mikey I watched the info with the owner showing the units. I ordered the Galaxy 12 gal with 500psi 3 stage vacs and heat. It will arrive next week and I try it out and let you know what I find using it. jz.

Name
jack zerkie
I used the new portable today EDIC 500 psi with dual 3stage vacs and heat. I cleaned a friends dirty chairs . I used the heat and was glad I had it the furniture was dirty. I have always used my truckmount and missed falling over the hoses and the loud noise.I pre treatd as I do all the time gave some dwell time then extracted. The unit cleaned very well. I tried cleaning with one vac but liked using two vacs. The vac hose was short for better vac about 8 ft. of hose. The supply line was hot from the heater and helped in the cleaning. I.m glad tha I saw the inf from Mikey talking with the owner. The unit is easy to lift and set insde the van and is very mobile. I can,t take photos with my hello phone .but if my friend and helper does I will try to show them for you. Thanks to this board I have some great equipment that I found on this board and not available in my local area. Thank you Mikey. jz.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
yeah, I figured that little powerhouse was gonna kick ass.

maybe we can get Grant and Jimmy to ditch their Doctor Bissells and clean with REAL equipment

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom