Everest 650 or Sapphire 870

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
So lets hear it guys, lets talk about the pros and cons of each unit. Why did you go with what you did? If you had it to do over again what would you change? What kind of vehicle do you have it installed in?

Reactions: Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My local distributor only sells Prochem. :biggrin:

Its been the king of slide-in's for many years and has been out there long enough to be proven.

I do like the small foot print of the Sapphire units, but with no local distributor I didn't want to chance running an hour back & forth to KC.

Its going into a new Spartan van...if the mofo ever gets here. :errf:

The pain of custom orders. :dejection:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We had good luck with the older units and Auto tells me the newer technology is even better. My distributor corroborated that statement, so that's why we went that way.

Reactions: SamIam

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Use an RE or Zipper and you'll be fine. If you must sling a wand get one with a glide...maybe two glides.
Getting both Zippers and a good wand with glides for sure...and an RE. Butler says it takes 6 to 8 weeks to build my Van and I will be in the Gym everyday. Should be fine... I also have a Son and other big guy family help in place when we finally get moved to Texas.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I've used neither, so ignore my comment, but I saw somewhere that it was a little bit of a nuisance draining the oil out of the Sapphire. Was that the 870?

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I like both from what ive seen but have owned neither. The Sapphire supposedly had some rust issues and is definitely a big unit. They told me it wont fit in a transit. I do like the high pressure capability. The Everest caught my eye in Nashville. I think I would like the E-idle as well as the fact that it has a slightly smaller footprint and will fit in a transit. I dont like that the water is only heated to 1000 psi. after that you bipass the heat exchanger. Not really exceptable in a machine at that price point.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

SamIam

Name
sam miller
One reason a distributor told me the 870 needs a bigger space is it generates so much heat it needs more cool air around it.

The 650 will fit in a 2500 transit and like Richard said has a proven track record.

For what it's worth a technicals bulletin for the 650 came out years ago to change the
Timeing belt every 2 years.

My distributor said he hasn't had to change one ever. So the Hyundai is a great engine.

So great in hear the 870 maybe switching to it.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I personally loved my 405's and my 570 is great. I have always wanted a 650hp

And with some people switching to the Everest recently and the E idle technology it's seems like a great choice.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I like both from what ive seen but have owned neither. The Sapphire supposedly had some rust issues and is definitely a big unit. They told me it wont fit in a transit. I do like the high pressure capability. The Everest caught my eye in Nashville. I think I would like the E-idle as well as the fact that it has a slightly smaller footprint and will fit in a transit. I dont like that the water is only heated to 1000 psi. after that you bipass the heat exchanger. Not really exceptable in a machine at that price point.
1000 psi is perfectably acceptable for tile and grout cleaning. If you're going to pressure wash, get a pressure washer.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
1000 psi is perfectably acceptable for tile and grout cleaning. If you're going to pressure wash, get a pressure washer.
I agree but what about grimy garage floors. Theres lots of instances where I see myself wanting 1500 psi of hot water. Thats my holdup with the everest. Its the most expensive slide in but will only heat water to 1000 psi.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
My Dad has a couple Landas but the whole point is to do it all with 1 truck, Not have to pull a trailer with a pressure washer in it for when 1000 psi heated isnt enough. Thats what I like about the 870. They dont kill the heat passed 1000. But theres alot i do like about the everest. Just having a hard time seeing passed this one point.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
1000 psi, heated, is plenty to clean a grimy garage floor. Use a tile spinner with it and the appropriate chemistry. Another 500 psi isn't really going to make much of a difference. The e-idle is a real nice feature and should save some fuel. Thinks how many times you have to put the wand down to move furniture or answer the phone on a job.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
I disagree with Ron, you can never have enough pressure for hard surface.

The question is if you need super heated water or cool will do

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I have an 870 in a Chevy Express 3500 van. If I had a nickel for every time I was told I can't put it in there.... I would have a few nickels. :) Here's a video I made at 120 hours. I now have 660 hours and it's still purring like a swiss watch. If I had to do it again, I would.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Both good, but I have had good luck with the 650, I did the timing belt at4K and was in great shape.. 5600 hours and very impressed still. Gobbs of power with 2.5 plumbed to the lint trap
Have you owned both?
I'd love to hear about the pros and cons of each unit from people that have owned them. There seems to be a few guys on the board that have gone from one to the other.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Not sure if this is insider information or not... so will say I was told that after this year SS will no longer be using steel on any of their frames etc. Aluminum like the 370. Guess they listened to me hitting them on the rust issue. :icon_neutral: was a legit issue...so good for them!

Reactions: dealtimeman
Back
Top Bottom