Floorguy/Edward..tell us about this new TM you're getting

Mikey P

Administrator
a 4k truckmount is a 4k truckmount.

In one month you'll make your money back so no one can bag on that. If you get 3 years out of the components, you've made the whole endeavor worthwhile.

Terje and Nick have a good idea there for sure. I'd like to hear what you expect to get out of this incoming unit that you wont get from your Nordic electric suckmop.

Please give specifics of the machine and how you think it will out perform the current rig.

and how much set up time do you expect to save per day and job?

Lefty724

Name
E
Hey Mikey.

This is going to be just that. A $4k tm with a 16hp Chinese motor, HX, and 33 blower.

The only reason I went this route is for pure efficiency. I am more than happy with the power of my current Techno Viking(ETM) setup since I only run 100' 99% of the time. So if even if the 33 blower is just as strong (which I think it'll have more vacuum) I'm good with it.

The down side to the ETM is setup and tear down. Since I gave up on running 100'of power cords, I bought a generator and use it all the time now. So now to setup, I have to run hoses, start the generator, fire up the heater, then turn on the machine. It's actually not that bad.

With the new tm? I'm hoping to stack enough $$ to get me into a bigger 25/45 tm with it. Whether it takes me 1 year or 3 years, I'm OK with it. It's going to be nice to just turn a key and go. Also, I consider myself a pretty mechanical dude so repairs and maintenance will be done by myself.

Proline/CMS are my nearest suppliers, so buying new from them is pretty much out for me since they're 2.5 hrs away.

I think all in all I'll probably save 20-30 minutes per job with the new tm. Over a week/month that will definitely add up.

Last edited:
Reactions: hogjowl

Mikey P

Administrator
that 20 to 30 is huge emotionally. time spent not wanding/cleaning is pretty aggravating, especially when you're by yourself.

Next time you are in my area bring the ETM and the NickOmount by, Id like to see them in person.

Lefty724

Name
E
Will do.

I'm only going to have the ETM in my van for maybe 1-2 weeks, then the tm should be here.
Hopefully I can make it up there.

Lefty724

Name
E
Btw. Here is a pic of my current setup.
3u5a8y7u.jpg

apeda8a4.jpg

Also I run a Little Giant 2ht with a 10 gallon belly tank mounted under the van.
jyzeryte.jpg

Don't give me crap about the wheels, I'm Mexican lol!

Last edited:

Lefty724

Name
E
Looks great.

I bet you never had a person say " our last CCr did have electric cords going to his big blue box" , right?

Hahaha!

I do mostly empty/vacation homes. The first high end residential I booked, I went out and bought the generator for the reason you just mentioned.

Lefty724

Name
E
Ya one of my things, it might be the Mexican in me but all of my vehicles I've ever owned had aftermarket wheels and "murdered out" windows.

Chris A

Name
Chris
yup, you and I have the same disease, although my van is pretty vanilla, never f really messed with it.

Reactions: Lefty724

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Nope jacked up the rear of the car to squeeze the tires under it. Not to take them off. Fred who were you hanging out with as a kid? Tony Montana.

Lefty724

Name
E
Nice van Edward!!

Love those wheels and I am a North Georgia Redneck. Also love the Superduty, is it gas or diesel??? .

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php find the room for your truck. I hang in the 99-03 7.3 rm. Great place to learn and DIY repairs if you dont' know about the board yet.

Later

The SD is a 6.0 diesel. Yes I've heard of the forum before. Nice place.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom