For HWE'rs - Your Best Alternative

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It is easy to see how your lack of personal HWE experience, coupled with the piss-poor representation of HWE that you seem to have been witness to can influence your choices, but what you have been exposed to regarding HWE is far from reality.
Frank nailed it. If we felt the VS was truly a superior system don't you think we would all switch. It much much less of an investment, we'd all jump at it. What holds us back is there are better systems out there.

Excellent Supply, VacAway have done some amazing things with their products and while you love to claim this is a HWE board, most of us buy and use their products regularly. I feel this is an experienced cleaners board regardless of systems, we have people here with many years of experience under their belt.

Yes, clowns at times here but in the field, proficient cleaners to be reckoned with. :winky:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Frank nailed it. If we felt the VS was truly a superior system don't you think we would all switch. It much much less of an investment, we'd all jump at it. What holds us back is there are better systems out there.

Excellent Supply, VacAway have done some amazing things with their products and while you love to claim this is a HWE board, most of us buy and use their products regularly. I feel this is an experienced cleaners board regardless of systems, we have people here with many years of experience under their belt.

Yes, clowns at times here but in the field, proficient cleaners to be reckoned with. :winky:

Richard I did not say imply or indicate in any way that I believe VS is a superior system. I utilize it for the strengths that it has when needed. I see equipment as being job specific for the task at hand. I do not just pull out the same tool and same chems for every job. Frank makes some good points about bad HWE cleaners and I am sure it is the norm every where. Good ones are not the norm. Frank is also a great poet. Just a little to rehearsed .

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mikey P

Administrator
haven't you already admitted that you have no other hobbies or interests?

I have another question...s

How big is your shop, what do you keep in it besides chemicals, who answers your phone, how much is the rent there in handoutville, do you have signage, is it more to prevent divorce than anything else?

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Pretty sure If we moved this direction, /\ That would be the direction we went : )

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
I like to have a really good look at various methods and then think outside the box a bit and combine them where possible to come up with a better solution and result overall than if I just settled on one process by itself. I don't mind spending the time I just want to be paid to do good work.

So if HWE was out altogether I'd use a 175 with encap brush and shower feed to foam encap the carpet and break the soil bonds. I'd then Put the pad driver on and dry / extract with a bonnet - changing it VERY, VERY frequently. Then groom it with some drum brush device, Kirby fluffier, Sebo Duo / P or CRB.

I currently use a 715 with shower feed and encap brush to apply my encapsulating pre-spray and then I rinse the crap out with my plastic toy extractor.

I did this job a little while back and made some videos and took some pics. This is a basically where I'm at.

IMG_4200_zpse5b0783f.jpg

IMG_4205_zps2fa8bcbb.jpg

IMG_4206_zps1fdb0b10.jpg

http://youtu.be/SOcBRw_VER4

IMG_4224_zps4350f09d.jpg

All extracted with the Bissell Big Green.

Mardie. You offered me some good advice a while back, may I return the favour?

Go buy a $500 Bissell Big Green and try it out on your next nasty job after to use your VS machine. I'm confident you will be even more impressed by your end results than you already (and justifiably) are.

Peace.......

Grant

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
And a TM would have flushed n suked it even better than that, possibly without any aggitation at all : )

good job, but damn a lot of effort!

Reactions: GeeeAus

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
And a TM would have flushed n suked it even better than that, possibly without any aggitation at all : )

good job, but damn a lot of effort!

The vision thing is a bit of a bummer. You know though, I honestly think I'd pre agitate all my jobs irrespective. Just my preference though. Thanks for the kudos GCCLee

Should say I got a really great tip from that job and tipping is not at all common in Australia.

Grant

Reactions: GCCLee

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
The vision thing is a bit of a bummer. You know though, I honestly think I'd pre agitate all my jobs irrespective. Just my preference though. Thanks for the kudos GCCLee

Should say I got a really great tip from that job and tipping is not at all common in Australia.

Grant

Very welcome Grant. Glad to see you posting and showing what life is like in the real world with the rest of us. Huge booster for Morale!

I used to think the same about the agitation on every job, until I really started testing what our detergents will actually do. Now I know about what and how much it will take, everything else is mega boosted and scrubbed : )

Reactions: GeeeAus

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Very welcome Grant. Glad to see you posting and showing what life is like in the real world with the rest of us. Huge booster for Morale!

I used to think the same about the agitation on every job, until I really started testing what our detergents will actually do. Now I know about what and how much it will take, everything else is mega boosted and scrubbed : )
Yeah that makes sense and it shows wisdom. I will eventually get some better portable stuff and that will change things, right now time on the job is so precious I need to get it right first time and can't afford much time to try stuff. If it doesn't go as hoped I'll have to agitate anyway and that will set me behind.

When I have faster rinsing that will abate somewhat and things will be faster in general and so I can be a bit more daring like that and get a better feel. I do test in some nasty carpets at home in my shed. But supply and type is limited, accordingly so are the experiments I can try.

You always answer my posts.......!

Thanks for that

Grant

Edit**

I should say that there are new things I try on jobs when the circumstances obviously dictate the usual drill will not work. Sometime I even win....

Last edited:
Reactions: GCCLee

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Just a 1 Truck Guy trying to make a decent livin myself.
A grunt still in most eyes around here : )

Sent from da middle of a Trailure park

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
You do REALLY good work Grant!!
I know how you guys feel. Someone once said, if you haven't got the time to go back for a redo. you haven't got time to do it wrong.

So if I couldn't HWE, either by truck or portable, I would test the methods. I would probably end up using at least two, one method as scrub and the other as the "rinse". Maybe a prespray with HOST. Or prespray and scrub with a CRB or 175/OP/trinity and then pad. Of course, My CLeartrak would still be the first equipment off the truck.

But as long as HWE is available, I do like how it flushes out the carpet:
These stairs were well vacuumed yet still the water was brown as it flushed .

th_20140212_121520_zpsf776a2a3.jpg

And I do like the results on the nasties. I'm like Grant, spent at least 2 full hours on two rooms that had been Rug Dr'd almost to death. Don't know how those d,,m things got a SOA.
I didn't take a pic of all the sand and shtuff that I wernered out of it.
20140213_163805_zps6feff248.jpg
20140213_165329_zps8fd1ec59.jpg
20140213_173823_zps40bf598e.jpg
20140213_174830_zps288b3852.jpg

So Mardie, I suppose you see the carpets from other HWE cleaners that look like the first or 2nd picture. I suppose customers wouldn't have to call you if the cleaners were getting it like the last pic.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom