Furniture Stains on Carpet

steve_64

Those stairs should come clean too. But you make more money by not getting it clean so what do I know.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Its a common tale "Get rich quit by doing what I'm doing", I've heard it told for decades.

Now I'm not saying its impossible but likely improbable. What is more likely is you spend big bucks on training, buy a package and stuggle to ever get a return on the investment.

Mr Aquarium will tell you "You need to spend more on marketing, look at what I am doing" :neutral:

Its yor money, give it away if you want. However if you must throw it away...toss some my way! :biggrin:

Reactions: Jimmy L

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I see that there's a need for this type of work. But how much is out there to need it? Is polyester dyeable? Most of the crap carpet out there is poly, and that's where most of the dyeing is needed.

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
There's certainly no such thing as a get rich quick business. I tell all of my trainees that it's very difficult. But a good teacher can make even the most difficult subject easy to learn. They also have the best support in the industry in The Dye Lot on Facebook. They receive ongoing support, 24/7, 365 days per year. We've got over 231 people on there who can attest to this.

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
There's definitely a need, but you have to create the awareness. We are booked 3–4 months in advance at all times. Currently we are about 75% commercial.

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
No, polyester is not dyeable. But if you target upscale residential and commercial properties, you will not be countering polyester. Upscale properties will only use high-quality nylon and wool carpeting.

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Just tell these guys: "Pre-vacuuming is at the very core and an essential part of my teachings" and they will merrily jump on board your wagon.

Soon after, show them a picture of a Shark, stashed at the corner of your van and you'd practically be considered guru material.
It may be a small step for you but a giant leap here. Trust me- Everything will be forgiven.

* Search under- "Burdick" :winky:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think if a dozen or so of the 216 would post here about their ROI experience that would greatly help your case.

Your pictures have been interesting and claims about the system working are believeable but that's really not the most important part.

Oh if you have Shark, we would like to see it too. :winky:

Reactions: Shorty

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I have a Shark, which is usually kept at home for the trouble 'n strife to use. :arrrr:

I also have a couple of Dysoons.

As well as an 18" Windsor.

+ other smaller crappy, cheap things just for upholstery.

Living in the sticks, one must acquire what one can get. :marty:

A lot of the quality vacs; that you people have, are either not available in 240 volt, or are not imported into the wonderful land of Oz. :stir:

:yoda::very_drunk:

PS:: We have a saying down under about Sharks.

A "SHARK" is a person well known for putting the bite on unsuspecting people.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
I'd love it if some (or all) of my trainees would share their feedback on the training here!

I'll make a post in The Dye Lot to see if any of them would be willing to do so. Not sure how many of them are members here.

Attachments

• IMG_6771.jpg
    IMG_6771.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 228

Ben Mickley

Name
Ben
I've taken Chris Howell's dye class. It's a very hands in course and I honestly left knowing how to dye carpet. Shocker, I know. But he has been nothing but help with me afterwards. He owns a Facebook page where all of his class members can join and every time I start on a project I post it on there because I know at some point I'll have a question and it always gets answered. There so many dye jobs out there, it will really take you as far as you want it to.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've taken Chris Howell's dye class. It's a very hands in course and I honestly left knowing how to dye carpet. Shocker, I know. But he has been nothing but help with me afterwards. He owns a Facebook page where all of his class members can join and every time I start on a project I post it on there because I know at some point I'll have a question and it always gets answered. There so many dye jobs out there, it will really take you as far as you want it to.
That great to know he supports his system.

But more importantly is the question of how much have you made back in dye work since taking the class?

I hate to sound like a greedy bastard but I'm not in it for the knowledge or experience. I'm it it for the money and if they is a way to increase the flow I'm all about that.

Line extension just to add a rarely need service isn't something I'd be interested in.

Potential doesn't put food on the table like sales do. :winky:

Last edited by a moderator:
Name
Lee Stockwell
All the dye gurus have talked about the extreme demand for their services, and the huge profits involved. Each generation has not heard of the many who came before them.

I took classes in the late 70's, and again in the early 90's. My first two "Steamin' Demon" type machines were made for dyeing, a few years before the Downeys took them to the commercial market.

Like Nate and his Dad, I tried the 175 and shower feed for room size jobs, usually apartments.

My kids played with some of the exotic fishing tackle boxes full of dozens of colors of dyes, and kits with 3 or so. It's never as simple as the gurus claim.

Between fibers that don't dye well or consistently, the many blends, unpredictable lighting that actually CHANGES the color and chromatic effect of the dye, one is hard pressed to deliver consistent results the 100% of the time I need.

Add to that colorblind techs...and customers.

It's an interesting niche, and only a niche. Claims that defy gravity may involve hot air.

Reactions: ruff and BIG WOOD

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
All the dye gurus have talked about the extreme demand for their services, and the huge profits involved. Each generation has not heard of the many who came before them.

I took classes in the late 70's, and again in the early 90's. My first two "Steamin' Demon" type machines were made for dyeing, a few years before the Downeys took them to the commercial market.

Like Nate and his Dad, I tried the 175 and shower feed for room size jobs, usually apartments.

My kids played with some of the exotic fishing tackle boxes full of dozens of colors of dyes, and kits with 3 or so. It's never as simple as the gurus claim.

Between fibers that don't dye well or consistently, the many blends, unpredictable lighting that actually CHANGES the color and chromatic effect of the dye, one is hard pressed to deliver consistent results the 100% of the time I need.

Add to that colorblind techs...and customers.

It's an interesting niche, and only a niche. Claims that defy gravity may involve hot air.
My experiences we similar, I took two classes from two different manufacturers and the results were nothing to write home about.

That doesn't mean this system doesn't work, it just means I'm too cheap and close minded to try it again.

So do I believe there is potential? Sure. But if the is no return on the investment then I already have a store room of products that had potential but never brought back my initial investment let alone make any profit.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
I already posted our experience with Chris and his class in a different thread.

But what do we know.....I mean we JUST purchased A Shark and are starting to pre vac.

We are Hacks and have been suckered into all the latest and greatest shills that claim to add value to our business ....like the Zipper, seal a door, devastator wand and FPA.

Reactions: ruff and Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom