Goodyear Neptune, OR, Parker Paraflex?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
This new 250 degree Blue Thermoplastic solution hose.

Insulates heat well and slides easier on the carpet.

BlueSolution.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've gone full circle with solution hose. I just replace the leads and move them to the back Goodyear/Continental.

Paraflex just irritates me to the point I couldn't take it any longer.
Hopefully Larry's new hose does better.

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
I've used Parflex for years. I just bought 150' section of Goodyear and I can't believe how stiff and heavy it is. I guess over the years I forgot. It kinks too when reeling up, it's a pain!

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
I like parker paraflex but its expensive now. The memory can be annoying first thing in the morning until it warms up but it makes up for it in how light it is

Name
Jeff T
For those who have used Parker Parflex, is the model- 1035HT? I ended up by going with the Goodyear, only cause my hose-n-fittings place gives me a good discount. I’m still curious as to other types out there. I know there has to be more than just 2-3 options. Any other brands, other than the stuff Larry sells? Being in Canada, import duties, and exchange would be a killer. We have a large mining, logging, and fishing industry, there’s got to be other options.......

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Goodyear is bulky and has crappy crimps that’ll rust in 2months. If you don’t want the parflex, hydroforce has the next best hose

Name
Steve Lawrence
Goodyear steel braided is hot to the touch, can put permanent lines in some carpets (olefin), is heavy, can burst in the customers home (Yikes!) damaging furnishings and burning techs (I had one tech out several days--burnt from a hose burst), and if you use it on a reel (Butler here) will disintegrate the black interior lining causing you to spray funky black water at your cleaning projects which always happens when you are cleaning white carpet or furniture.

All plastice for me. I have been using Parflex with much satisfaction (never a hose burst or black death) but I am going to try Larry Cobb's new blue all plastic hose since it is blue. Hope it doesn't burst like the excellent Parflex doesn't.

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Really, Both are great hoses. However, we have had terrific experience with the Neptune hose. I know many operators request it from us, if that helps.

Name
Steve Lawrence
Really, Both are great hoses. However, we have had terrific experience with the Neptune hose. I know many operators request it from us, if that helps.
Hey Ed, you are talking low pressure portables, we are talking high pressure TM's. Big difference.

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Steve;

Not really.

We only offer 3,000 psi wp x 12,000 burst Neptune hoses with our portables and ETM. The reason is simple: They last and last, and take the heat!

BTW, hope you and the family are doing well!

Name
Steve Lawrence
Steve;

Not really.

We only offer 3,000 psi wp x 12,000 burst Neptune hoses with our portables and ETM. The reason is simple: They last and last, and take the heat!

BTW, hope you and the family are doing well!
Hi Ed, hope you and yours are well, too.

I am just saying you don't have serious issues with this hose because you are using it in low pressure applications which is a lot different than TM users.

Chris Brown

Name
Chris Brown
I have always used good year hose with my 11 year old tm and never had a problem. I am an owner/operator maybe that's why. The hoses are 5-6 years old.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have always had good results with by Neptune. The ends and crimps are not supplied by Goodyear but are installed usually by whoever is selling the hose. It is true that if if too hot, it will leave a welt in a poly carpet. I don't use a hose reel but coil it and hang it in the truck. I buy it in 125 ft lengths and only takes a few seconds to coil it up.

Name
Jeff T
Speaking of ‘carpet tattoos ‘, does anyone use a hose sleeve, kinda like sally homemaker does for her in wall vac? A couple times, when doing really big resi, I’ve had issues with my solution line ‘tattooing ‘ the carpet.....

Name
Steve Lawrence
Goodyear Neptune with the nylon braid. We also have reusable fittings that can be changed in the field.

Our hoses last several years as well and these are all employees.
Wow, Brian. I didn't know Goodyear had an all plastice hose. Where did you get it?

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Steve;

Thanks for those kind remarks.

"I am just saying you don't have serious issues with this hose because you are using it in low pressure applications which is a lot different than TM users."

I understand what you are saying however, allow me to clarify one very important aspect and consideration. The Neptune psi hose was selected because many of the operators whom purchase our equipment also either use propane heat, and/or use this same hose on their TM's. Thus, no problem of holding up. Further, underneath the ETM Jaguar 8.4 system, we utilize that same Continental Neptune hose (3,000 psi wp) x 3/4 which Brian mentioned because it lasts forever.

Maybe we are a little different than some at our end because after being an actual user in the past, IMHO, operators of today do not deserve anything less in an industrial machine. In other words, they do not deserve problems and break downs.

Once again, you are a real Pro and always have been!

Best

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
If your carpet cleaning machine is a fire breather you need a high temp rated hose at the machine, the parflex is 230 and is likely to develop problems at the machine end.

First 50' neptune or any high temperature rated hose. In the house- Parker. (no marks on carpet, no black death, lets you know when done by small leaks and bubling no eruptions). Of course you can just buy new hoses every couple of years and any hose is not likely to develop issues in that time.

If you tie the parflex to the vacuum hose you will not have to fight it. The people who have to problem use a reel and reel it back in while still hot, so it coils badly.

If you do not like to tie to vac hose. Run hot water through the parflex, lay it flat and let it sit and relax for a couple of minutes, then hand roll in large loops. It will not coil much afterwards. as long as you hand roll it back in large loops.

Reactions: SamIam

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
Our new hose is rated 20 degrees higher temp than the Parflex (& rated 3000 PSI).

Plus it is more flexible

View attachment 74961

I have been using Larry's new thermoplastic solution hose with my high heat Butler. I use Butler's live solution reel that coils the hose tight. The hose lays flat even on these cool New England mornings. If Larry's new hose holds up as well as the Parker Parflex that I have used for years, it will be another board favorite.

Name
Jeff T
@Larry Cobb , if I ordered 500’, can you ship to Canada? AND, can I have my local hose-n-all place crimp ends on it? What’s the cost? What’s the cost to ship to Kelowna B.C. Canada?
Jeff @ SCC

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom