Goodyear Neptune, OR, Parker Paraflex?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
@Larry Cobb , if I ordered 500’, can you ship to Canada? AND, can I have my local hose-n-all place crimp ends on it? What’s the cost? What’s the cost to ship to Kelowna B.C. Canada?
Jeff @ SCC
Make sure they have the crimps and die's for the hose. Larry didn't really answer he said crimps for thermoplastic hose..they are not just 1/4" crimps

Reactions: Sierra Clean Care

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
We have tested the new blue polyurethane hose with factory-supplied crimps, and Parker crimps.

Both worked successfully under high heat testing.

We have the crimps available and we are testing field crimps currently.

Last edited:

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
Parker paraflex. The Orange kind not the cheaper blue one.

Best hose I've ever used. It's worth the price and the small inconvenience dealing with the memory on the first job of the day

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
didn't read any comments/posts

but I wouldn't hit a dead dog in the azz with that hot, heavy, black water spewing, instant fitting spitting/splitting ineptune steel braid

..L.T.A.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
cheaper blue?

how do you figure?

I checked out a blue version of parker that was less expensive than the orange jacket one, was heavier and didnt have the same memory. The orange one I really like, super light weight not nearly as hot to the touch as scheiffer skinny and its super durable.

Mikey P

Administrator
I checked out a blue version of parker that was less expensive than the orange jacket one, was heavier and didnt have the same memory. The orange one I really like, super light weight not nearly as hot to the touch as scheiffer skinny and its super durable.

Strange, 1035HT in either color should be identical. If anything I've noticed the blue being slightly more flexible over the orange

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
My '02 Butler still has the original, steel braided (Goodyear I think) hose that came from Butler. I have grown to like the live solution line off the reel and have been considering replacing the 150' (pretty sure that's what's on there from the factory) to a new one.

I've always used steel braided hose with only 1 issue in my career. Do most guys in colder climates use steel braided hose? It does hold the heat for a few minutes while I get it back in the truck. Do the plastic hoses do this? Do they freeze any faster?

Will Larry's hose be easy to deal with, going in and out of the truck through the Butler pork hole?

I only take out of the truck what I need so there is often 50' remaining on the reel. I've always believed that the steel braided hose just held the heat well and was the right choice.

Should I continue with the Steel?

Give Larry's a shot?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Russ;

The thermoplastic hose has ~33% of the heat loss of the typical wire-braid hose.

This means it will hold the heat better from the TM to the wand,

not freeze as quickly in cold weather,

and not burn your skin as quickly in hot weather.

Best sale price of the year.

What's not to like ?

Reactions: Russ T.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

if it works for you, Russ, use it
The ONLY virtues I find in steel braid is it's lack of memory and it's superior flexibility...that's the ONLY thing I can say good about it

I used Parker 22 out of 25 years on the wand
Those three years of Goodyear use told "me" all I needed to know

..L.T.A.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
So far, no problems with larry's hose. There's also no burned lines in carpet, no burned lines on people's lawns, and the water is hot where it needs to be: at the water jets on the wand. Today's job was awesome. I use 150' of hose, and this water is just as hot as it would be at 100' of my other hose. The steam is really pumping out. It's not a cold day, and the humidity in the house was high. Thanks @Larry Cobb for finding this hose

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
So far, no problems with larry's hose. There's also no burned lines in carpet, no burned lines on people's lawns, and the water is hot where it needs to be: at the water jets on the wand. Today's job was awesome. I use 150' of hose, and this water is just as hot as it would be at 100' of my other hose. The steam is really pumping out. It's not a cold day, and the humidity in the house was high. Thanks @Larry Cobb for finding this hose

Come on guys!!!! I worked hard for this video. I made steam. I wonder if Larry pays commission for all the hoses this video is gonna sell for him

sassyotto

Name
Paul
I've been a fan of Parflex. Got the lower heat rated one which worked fine (blue) but this year switched to the HT or higher heat rated hose in orange. You would think that the color would not make a difference but after about 6 months, this new orange HT still has the *fishing line* issues.

When I get my new TM, I will give Larry a call and get some of his to try.

BTW my first line is a 115'. Several reasons - no couplers on almost all jobs (except on each end of course) which means it never freezes in winter (the coupler is where the water will freeze).

Name
Lee Stockwell
I've been a fan of Parflex. Got the lower heat rated one which worked fine (blue) but this year switched to the HT or higher heat rated hose in orange. You would think that the color would not make a difference but after about 6 months, this new orange HT still has the *fishing line* issues.

When I get my new TM, I will give Larry a call and get some of his to try.

BTW my first line is a 115'. Several reasons - no couplers on almost all jobs (except on each end of course) which means it never freezes in winter (the coupler is where the water will freeze).
The water in the rest of the hose will ALSO freeze, causing casing damage to them.

DRAIN them if left in freezing conditions.

Name
Steve Lawrence
My '02 Butler still has the original, steel braided (Goodyear I think) hose that came from Butler. I have grown to like the live solution line off the reel and have been considering replacing the 150' (pretty sure that's what's on there from the factory) to a new one.

I've always used steel braided hose with only 1 issue in my career. Do most guys in colder climates use steel braided hose? It does hold the heat for a few minutes while I get it back in the truck. Do the plastic hoses do this? Do they freeze any faster?

Will Larry's hose be easy to deal with, going in and out of the truck through the Butler pork hole?

I only take out of the truck what I need so there is often 50' remaining on the reel. I've always believed that the steel braided hose just held the heat well and was the right choice.

Give Larry's a shot?

I'm surprised you've never had Black Death or a blowout in 16 years of winding that steel braided hose onto a Butler hose reel. My Goodyear would last about a year or two at best before one of those horrible things happened . Very happy with all plastic hose like Parflex or Larry's stuff.

Reactions: Russ T. and Mikey P

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
This Blue hose has ~3 times the insulating ability of the wire-braid hose due to the woven reinforcement.

This minimizes heat loss in the winter and heat damage in the summer.

BlueSolution2.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
before one of those horrible things happened

the instantaneous bursts with little/no warning sealed it for me .

new thread coming maybe ......."steel braid burst mishap stories "

my first was on a berber ..white..WOOL blend
all set up inside and ready to roll
Out to the truck, throttle up, engage pump, walk back inside to see a spurt mess on furnishings and sol line laying on the carpet pouring 5gpm on the white wool :eekk:

no one home (thank gawd ) and I was able to fix all "like it never even happened" ( thank God) ...but what a pucker factor for an apt hack.....

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom