Great Price for Heat Drying Equipment

Eric

http://www.driheat.com has got a great special for someone looking the ability to dry smaller jobs as well as bigger jobs, 1-ITA 75 and 1 ELE 6400 for $6749.99 and Receive the VapairVent Ventilation System FREE.

LeeCory

Has anyone else ever seen a real business with a website that plays annoying music at you?

I couldn't get the stupid place shut off fast enough....

Check out E-Tes or Tes... their website is user friendly.

Eric

You are absolutely right. The TES site is much more user friendly, but if you take the time you look at the different drying system you would find much more value for your investment at http://www.driheat.com/. They have drying systems as small as 154,00btu’s and go up to 700,000btu’s. The TES 200,000btu unit sells for $21,995.00 and the 250,000btu system sell for $25,790.00. I use the ITA 75 with tiger loop and fan only option. It sells for $4,999.99. It is 240,00btu(net) system that I have easily dried 2,500sq ft with no problem. You can get four ITA 75’s drying systems for less that one 200,000btu system from TES. That means I can dry 4 jobs at the same time with about a $20,000 investment. With the TES unit you can dry one at a time at a time and you will spend much more. The TES is not thermostatically controlled like the ITA 75. With the TES you have nowhere close to the control you have with the ITA 75. The ITA 75 takes about 15 minutes to set up, the TES system takes much longer. I looked at several systems before buying. I did like TES, but it just was much to expensive and would not even come close to drying as large of areas as I do with the ITA 75.

The ELE is also thermostatically controlled unlike the eTES has no thermostat. The ELE 6400 is NEC ® compliant (National Electrical Code). This means you can run it on 15amp breakers with no problem of blowing breakers. The eTES is not NEC ® compliant. I have dried several jobs with the ELE 6400. In most cases I use 2 circuits, this gives you about a 50degree temperature rise. I did use the 3rd circuit once because of the extreme cold temperatures I was dealing with. I work at between 6,000 ft of elevation all the way up 11,000 ft of elevation. I work in the mountains of Colorado. After using heat drying for some time I wonder how I did dryouts without heat.

The only reason I even posed on this site was to help fellow restorers understand heat drying better. I hope I have helped.
Thank you,
Eric
Color Tech Restoration

LeeCory said:
Has anyone else ever seen a real business with a website that plays annoying music at you?

I couldn't get the stupid place shut off fast enough....

Check out E-Tes or Tes... their website is user friendly.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
guys he only has a few post! if we are all hostile he will not buy a banner and not be giving us a mb discount. so if we could chill out a litlle and let him settle in maybe he will come around full circle.

eric do you manufacture or just distribute these units?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I can see why everyone is defensive because Eric comes out selling a little hard, but he is excited about a new product so I can see that too.

I would like to hear more about their machines, the numbers look good. Anyone know anyone that has used these units.

Eric

dealtimeman said:
guys he only has a few post! if we are all hostile he will not buy a banner and not be giving us a mb discount. so if we could chill out a litlle and let him settle in maybe he will come around full circle.

eric do you manufacture or just distribute these units?

Hi, I do distribute these systems as well I use them in my restoration business. I stubbed into heat drying many years ago. I was doing a dryout where the pipes had broken and knocked the furnace out. It was about 0 degrees outside and inside. The house was vacant. I brought some direct heaters in to heat the house up and was shocked how fast I was able to get this house dry. The direct heater is not a good type of heater to use because it does put fumes into the house. I started looking for a indirect heater that would work for my needs. I did check out the TES units and decided it required to much time to set up, I did not like using liquid because of the chance of leaks and the price way to much considering I felt at the time I wound not use it that often. We tried several different types of heaters. When we found the Thermobile heaters they were the cleanest burning, quietest, most efficient, 91% for most of the heaters and we could get what we needed for the restoration industry. We then made a agreement with Thermobile. Basically we have done the research and spent the money on many different heaters and we have tested these systems in the field long before they we made available to fellow restorers. We have put together several restoration packages for each type of heater. We have been selling these systems for about a year and a half. We have sold systems to some of the largest restoration companies in the world. They see the value in our systems. The best thing about our systems is you don’t have to be a big restoration company to afford our heat drying systems. Our system allows the little guy a chance to offer a heat drying system to his customers just like the larger restoration companies.

Quote from the site, “Our Larger Units Like the ITA 75 Are True Heat Exchange Heaters. Only fresh air is blown into the building or crawl space. The Main Difference Between Our Drying Systems and the Competition Is the Price. Oh they will tell you they are different, however, they blow hot air across a wet material. Just like we do. No Drying System Is Close to the Price vs. Performance of Our Drying Systems”.

Ken Horvath is the inventor of the ELE 6400. He has been trying to make some post and still has not got the email back from Mikeys Board so he can start posting. He is looking forward to sharing his knowledge to fellow restorers and carpet care professionals.

The ELE 6400 is by far the best electric heater sold today for the restoration industry. I use it on almost all my smaller dryouts. I never thought I would use the ELE 6400 near as much as I do, but I get the dryouts done so much faster and my customers love that. Using the ELE 6400 you can tent floors, cabinets, etc… and you can also heat the whole area to dry carpet, walls and contents much faster than conventional drying. The best thing I like about drying this way is I do top down drying so much faster that if I was not using heat and I don’t have to worry about tearing out padding, floating the carpet and then installing the carpet. The customers love the fact I can get them back to pre flood conditions so fast without the need for major repairs that might have been needed if I was drying using conventional drying methods. Here is a link to Color Tech Restoration that show some of the dryouts we have done using heat, http://www.colortechrestoration.com/ind ... Drying.htm. Here is a link to DRI HEAT showing the Drying Systems in Action, http://www.driheat.com/index_files/Dryi ... Action.htm.

Here is a special offer for Mikeys Board members only. I will give you addition $100.00 OFF the sale price of $1,899.00 shown on the site for the ELE 6400. That means you can buy the ELE 6400 for $1,799.00 with Free Shipping to the lower 48 states. Offer good to Mikeys Board members only “ONLY” . This offer will expire August 14, 2009.

Eric
Color Tech Restoration
http://www.colortechrestoration.com/

http://www.driheat.com/

Name
Nate W.
I have a question. It may sound silly to some but I'm curious. When directing hot air into the side of the airmover, does it ever over heat the airmover's motor? Is there certain types of airmovers to use like cfm output or watt ratings?

Eric

You are putting heat to the squirrel side of the air mover. You are not getting the heat to the motor because the is sucked through the squirrel fan and out of the air mover. For top down drying is best to use axel air movers. The Powrflite F5 Air Mover - 2.2amp - 3000+ CFM is a very affordable air mover and I have had great success with it. I also like the fact you can put wheels on it and use it for a downdraft fan. I like the Force 9 air mover the best but it does cost more. The bottom line is you need to get the amperage down do you can use more air movers. In my case I am buying axel air movers as I can, but I still use my older air movers until I can get more axel. You will need the older air movers for some dryouts so keep them, but it is a good idea to get the new axel low amperage, high cfm air movers.
Thank you,
Eric
Nate The Great said:
I have a question. It may sound silly to some but I'm curious. When directing hot air into the side of the airmover, does it ever over heat the airmover's motor? Is there certain types of airmovers to use like cfm output or watt ratings?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
STFU Chavez and go back in the spider hole
Don't mess with the Spider!

spiderman-4.jpg

Eric

dealtimeman said:
eric how many amps is the ele4600 pulling and do you think heat would be benificial to me being down here in texas?
Hi,
Kenny is in Arizona where during the summer it can get up to 122 degrees., I was there that day. Kenny uses heat drying and many other companies use heat drying there also. Think of heat drying this way. You raise the temperature which speeds evaporation, air movers also create evaporation and you either use dehumidification or air exchange to remove the humid air. I prefer air exchange over dehumidification. A modest 2000 cfm heat drying system can exchange the air volume in a 2500sf building with 9’ ceilings once every 11 ¼ minutes. Using dehumidification there is to much moisture in the air when you start so it takes time for dehumidification to catch up. Have you ever noticed when you first start a dryout how humid it feels in the drying area? Using air exchange the drying area does not feel humid because you are sending the humid air outside.

About the amps. If you buy a system based on amps alone you could make a mistake. With the ELE 6400 you will get about 25degrees temperature rise per circuit. I normally use 2 circuits most of the time which would give me about a 50 degree temperature rise. That is the most important number when it comes to an electric. If you blow a 900 cfm air mover or lager over the heating elements like one of our computers does you will not get the temperature rise desired. Because the ELE 6400 is NEC ® compliant the system is now 1400 watts per circuit which gives a total wattage of “5600 watts”. This is very important to you because you can use 110vac 15amp breakers without worrying about popping the breakers. Many homes I work in are older and in some cases it almost impossible to get breakers larger than 15amp.

I hope I have answered you questions. There are many more technical ways to explain heat drying but I try to present it in a way most people understand.

Eric
Color Tech Restoration

http://www.driheat.com/

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
Actual temperature rise per circuit in a drying chamber can vary, especially when exchanging air.

Amps are part of the equation used to determine the cost of electric usage and BTU output.

How many amps are your heaters pulling?

Eric

I have been looking at this unit. One thing that concerns me is it a direct heater and it runs on propane. Many cities won’t let you take larger propane cylinders downtown. I have though of adding this system since Jon Don just did add it. I might add it for some types of uses, but it won’t work on all dryouts. Check your local laws about propane just to make sure.
Eric
Color Tech Restoration

rctpks said:
Speaking of heat drying has everyone seen this?

RxHeat_240x400.gif

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
BTU output and amps drawn is an apples to apples way to compare heating systems. It is not too complicated to understand. Using temp rise is subjective to incoming air temp and air flow. I use a home furnace set up to be portable and ducted out 8" ducts. 60 amp at 240 volts. Oh yeah, a tenth the price of industry specific heating units. About 175.00 to have an electrician wire it to the panel and disconnect when you are done. No complicated multiple cords or hoses to fool with. Thermostat controlled for an extra $25.00. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying good money for good equipment ( I use Phoenix axial air movers and HT dehus) but why overpay?
Al

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's interesting Al.

How do you charge and how do you for your setup?

What do you list it as when billing and have you ever been questioned on it by the homeowner or Insurance rep?

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
I charge a little less than the daily rate equal to other drying systems of equal BTU. Set up is the electrician plus P&O, new duct work if it is contaminated (like a crawlspace sewage job) or just a T&M charge if it can be reused. Last winter we did a crawlspace job and I told the adjuster we could replace the wet structural material for about 2K and he said "Our new policy is to dry out everything" I said "Hey, more money spends better than less so ok." It came to 12,000 to dry it out. It was foggy and 30 degrees. We had to run an inline dehu after the heater for a long time. Just gotta love those "New policies". We do not use them too often but when needed they are great.
Al

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I remember the day of setting equipment up to dry a crawlspace and it taking weeks to dry the surface only.

Now with heat we can dry it in a few days and several inches deep!

Eric

kmdineen said:
Actual temperature rise per circuit in a drying chamber can vary, especially when exchanging air.

Amps are part of the equation used to determine the cost of electric usage and BTU output.

How many amps are your heaters pulling?
Hi,
The ELE 6400 uses 11.67 amps/circuit at 275cfm which will give about 25 degree temperature rise/circuit. With all four circuits you would get about a 100 degree temperature rise. The ELE is also listed in Xactimate, WTRHTAM>

Eric

Askal said:
BTU output and amps drawn is an apples to apples way to compare heating systems. It is not too complicated to understand. Using temp rise is subjective to incoming air temp and air flow. I use a home furnace set up to be portable and ducted out 8" ducts. 60 amp at 240 volts. Oh yeah, a tenth the price of industry specific heating units. About 175.00 to have an electrician wire it to the panel and disconnect when you are done. No complicated multiple cords or hoses to fool with. Thermostat controlled for an extra $25.00. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying good money for good equipment ( I use Phoenix axial air movers and HT dehus) but why overpay?
Al
Hi, The system sounds great, but….What is the btu’s of the furnace and what is the cfm. What are your drying temperatures? What is the temperature at the furnace? What is the Delta temperature? How does the thermostat in the drying area get the signal to the furnace and if it is a cable how long is the cable? What is the static pressure? What is your ductability? What is the temperature rise if the outside temperature is “0”? Is this system intended for outside use? What happens if something goes wrong with system and something catastrophic happens and the company that made the furnace won’t cover the furnace because this was not it’s intended use? I use heat drying on most of my dryouts and if I had to pay for electrician for each dryout that could get pretty pricy. If I had 10 dryouts at $175/job that would cost me $1,750 for just 10 and that number would just keep getting larger as I do more heat dryouts. Is you system in Xactimate? These are all very important issues when considering heat drying. Remember most heat drying is done at a much higher temperature than any household furnace could possibility get.

Eric
Color Tech Restoration

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Hi, The system sounds great, but….What is the btu’s of the furnace and what is the cfm. What are your drying temperatures? What is the temperature at the furnace? What is the Delta temperature? How does the thermostat in the drying area get the signal to the furnace and if it is a cable how long is the cable? What is the static pressure? What is your ductability? What is the temperature rise if the outside temperature is “0”? Is this system intended for outside use? What happens if something goes wrong with system and something catastrophic happens and the company that made the furnace won’t cover the furnace because this was not it’s intended use? I use heat drying on most of my dryouts and if I had to pay for electrician for each dryout that could get pretty pricy. If I had 10 dryouts at $175/job that would cost me $1,750 for just 10 and that number would just keep getting larger as I do more heat dryouts. Is you system in Xactimate? These are all very important issues when considering heat drying. Remember most heat drying is done at a much higher temperature than any household furnace could possibility get.

Eric: The system IS great. I don't recall all the temp rises except the one outside job I mentioned. It went from 30 to about 90. The btu's would be easy to figure with the amps and volts if you are so inclined. It sounds like the system you have/sell/make? is working good for you. We don't have the need for a system to be in use that frequently. It would be a hard sell here. But, there is more than one way to skin a cat. No slam against cats of course.
Al

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
Thanks Eric, the ELE 6400 seems like a handy piece of equipment to have in the tool box. Xactimate lists the E TES at $205 per day, with the necessary air mover at $25 per day bringing the total daily rental for the E TES to $230 per day. The ELE 6400 lists at $170 per day with a built in air mover. Assuming the performance of these two systems are similar why would I buy the ELE 6400 when I could get $60 per day more in rental charges for the E TES?

Eric

Askal said:

Eric: The system IS great. I don't recall all the temp rises except the one outside job I mentioned. It went from 30 to about 90. The btu's would be easy to figure with the amps and volts if you are so inclined. It sounds like the system you have/sell/make? is working good for you. We don't have the need for a system to be in use that frequently. It would be a hard sell here. But, there is more than one way to skin a cat. No slam against cats of course.
Al
Hi Al,
The only point I would like to make is most heat drying is done at between 120 and 130 degrees. Much higher that your 90 degrees. Thank you for you comments but you are not comparing apples to apples as you have said in the past.
Eric

Eric

kmdineen said:
Thanks Eric, the ELE 6400 seems like a handy piece of equipment to have in the tool box. Xactimate lists the E TES at $205 per day, with the necessary air mover at $25 per day bringing the total daily rental for the E TES to $230 per day. The ELE 6400 lists at $170 per day with a built in air mover. Assuming the performance of these two systems are similar why would I buy the ELE 6400 when I could get $60 per day more in rental charges for the E TES?
Hi, That is a very good point and Jonathan Young at Xactimate told Ken Horvath, the inventor of the ELE that the eTes, Firebird and the ELE 6400 will be all categorized the same and charged the same rate at $230/day. The code he gave Ken is WTRHTAM>. Ken Horvath is calling Xactimate tomorrow to find out why it shows that way. I charge $230/day and the reality is the ELE 6400 outperforms the eTes. The eTes uses high air flow (air mover) which reduces the temperature rise. The ELE uses 275 cfm which will give you about 25 degree temperature rise/circuit. You then use your are movers to distribute the heated air throughout the drying area and a downdraft fan to bring the heat back down to the flooring. (Vortex type drying + heat) I sold a ELE 6400 to a company in Kentucky that had eTes.s and in their own words the eTes doesn't even come close to performing as well as the ELE 6400. The ELE 6400 thermostaticy controlled and the eTes is not. The ELE 6400 is NEC ® compliant (National Electrical Code), the eTes is not. Not having a thermostat could become a big problem. With the eTes if you were to restrict the air flow, which does happen when the eTes is hooked up to a wall drying system you could have over heating problem. I fill safer using the ELE 6400.
Eric
Color Tech Restoration
http{//www.colortechrestoration.com/

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Sorry, I just don't get the high price these units are selling for. Propane units aside: You can get an electric resistance heater rated at 15 amps and 125 volts for 25 bucks and a blower for 200. 5 heaters and a fan would be about 325. I know it is not exactly the same but lets get real on the value. X amount of amps =X amount of btu period.
al

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
Eric said:
kmdineen said:
Hi, That is a very good point and Jonathan Young at Xactimate told Ken Horvath, the inventor of the ELE that the eTes, Firebird and the ELE 6400 will be all categorized the same and charged the same rate at $230/day. The code he gave Ken is WTRHTAM>. Ken Horvath is calling Xactimate tomorrow to find out why it shows that way. I charge $230/day and the reality is the ELE 6400 outperforms the eTes. The eTes uses high air flow (air mover) which reduces the temperature rise. The ELE uses 275 cfm which will give you about 25 degree temperature rise/circuit. You then use your are movers to distribute the heated air throughout the drying area and a downdraft fan to bring the heat back down to the flooring. (Vortex type drying + heat) I sold a ELE 6400 to a company in Kentucky that had eTes.s and in their own words the eTes doesn't even come close to performing as well as the ELE 6400. The ELE 6400 thermostaticy controlled and the eTes is not. The ELE 6400 is NEC ® compliant (National Electrical Code), the eTes is not. Not having a thermostat could become a big problem. With the eTes if you were to restrict the air flow, which does happen when the eTes is hooked up to a wall drying system you could have over heating problem. I fill safer using the ELE 6400.
Eric
Color Tech Restoration
http{//www.colortechrestoration.com/

Oops! It must have been an old link to your web site www.thermalenergydryingsystem.com/index.../Page486.htm that said $170 per day for the ELE .6400 The xactimate code is the same as the E TES and Firebird.
How does the ELE 6400 compare to the Firebird?

steve g

Name
steve garrett
will someone please say it how many BTU's does the ele 6400 put out?? this would be most helpful when comparing to the ETES. I believe the E tes puts out 20k btu, this is the real figure when trying to compare the 2, and will give us an idea what the total heat is.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom