Green glides at Jon Don

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Stopped there today in STL to make a purchase and was asking AL the store manager if they still carried greenglides.

He said the corporate office in Chicago had the outlying stores return all glides to Jeff * Lisa. They didn't want anything to do with gg or chemwho.

I told him that JonDon was ball-less and should take a stand.

Way to go Jondon, is chemdry under your desk getting a mouth full?

No more business from me.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Vincent~ I doubt greenie and lisa would agree with you and I thought I recalled them/her posting a recommendation for everyone to comply with the court order.

An individual cleaner is not likely to be attached to and included in the suit, however a supplier most surely is. I can not blame any supplier form taking that action for whatever the product is, if ordered by the court. To do any different would be irresponsible to their employees, shareholders, clients and other manufacturers they may represent.

Ken

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Ken, Ken, Ken, doesn't anything piss you off? Its been a bad day and I am getting tired of the big guy bending the little guy over.

Just a rant.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Vinny, Vinny, Vinny...........

haven't you learned by now.if you want to make it in this industry........

always have a jar of this in you tool box...............

vaseline.jpg

it just allows making a living doing CC a bit easier...........

Mike Brummett

Larry Cobbs #2 store in Dallas, is just up the road from Jon-Don. When I was there at SFS, there was a Chem-Dry owner there bragging about how he had one of his guy's buy a greenglide from Cobb specifically for the purpose of getting Larry into trouble with Harris and the courts.

These Chem-Dry folks are dead serious and Jon-Don has a little deeper pockets than Jeff & Lisa. They are out for "justice" (vengance) so you can't fault Jon-Don for doing a little C-Y-A.

MIKE

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I understand that Vincent, I just don't see why you would be mad at Jon Don. If you had said that because of what HD is doing to greenie, lisa and jon don you are now going to only buy from them it would have made more sense to me. It is hurting JD not to sell them, just like it hurts you not to be able to buy them

Ken

Fon Johnson

FIRE! (ready, aim)

:lol:

You cannot blame someone for not wanting to get involved in the lawsuit. They stand to lose a lot either way, and slamming them is not going to help.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Everybody's right, whatever their opinion is. JonDon is a good company, I would just like to see a togetherness in the Distribution arena.

G

Don't worry people, like I have been saying all along, Glides are a thing
of the past!!!!!!!
The New "Sliders" will be here Soon!!!!
Way Better !!!!!

AL :lol:

harryhides

Name
Tony
So Vinny if a customer of yours asks you to break the law, would you ?
Would you speed by school yards and drive thru red lights and risk your whole business because a customer wanted you to be at their place just because they demanded it? And if you refused, would that make you a ball-less wonder? Do you pay your taxes or are you a ball-less wonder?

Not buying from Hydramaster who is making tm's for Chem-Dry is one thing and does not involve the law. But to try to force someone to break the law and risk their entire business is quite a different matter. If you expect me or anyone else here to believe that if you were the owner of JonDon right now that you would not do the same thing then you truly are an idiot of astounding proportions.

The way to beat Chem Dry is by being patient and smart - let the lawyers of US Products, Mytee and Dri-Eze beat them in court. What you're suggesting is plain dumb. Put down the beer and give your head a shake.

JonDons does a lot to support and promote this board. If you are no longer going to buy from any supplier that won't risk a lawsuit from Chem Dry, then please let us know who you will be buying from?

Marty, you can't agree with everyone - your position makes you look wishy washy.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
A lot is happening with the case right now, unfortunately I am not at liberty to talk about much of it. Today I sent a response to the Court and we should hear more soon. Meanwhile we have converted our carpet cleaning glide products to the non-contended use of converting carpet cleaning wands to tile cleaning tools. This has always been a popular use for glides anyway.

Jon-Don is merely playing it safe at this point. This should not be necessary soon and we are looking forward to doing business with them again soon.

We support their decision. Each company must decide what is the best course of action for their unique situation.

Take care,
Lisa

Mikey P

Administrator
Meanwhile we have converted our carpet cleaning glide products to the non-contended use of converting carpet cleaning wands to tile cleaning tools

Make a brush ring to go around the wand's head and you'll out do the Gecko 200%

steve g

Name
steve garrett
well vote with your feet, if the supplier does not have the balls to carry GREEN glides don't buy from them, I think this is an important enough situation that merits such a response, as I totally believe lisa and greenie saying its not really about the glides, but rather chemdry trying to screw all of us regular HWE guys,

perhaps harris knowing they are up against someone like drieaz and someone with some deep pockets, I would wager the willingness to persue a bogus suit lessons by the minute, perhaps they are just coming to grasp with the fact they have spent 100's of grand on attorneys only to loose, sometimes this takes a while for it to set in with certain clients, I have a feeling this is the stage things are in.

sometime persueing a certain legal situation makes business sense at the time, but what poetic justice is them realizing they stepped in shit before its all over with.

Mikey P

Administrator
Keep in mind JD's great support for this board.

Steve, Jeff C and Billy spend a lot of time posting here and promoting MB in all of their classes.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Come on Steve g, chemdry up against someone like driease? HD/chemwho probably spends more on their retainer for in house attorney's than driease grosses. We are talking a company that is larger on a few orders of magnitude than our largest suppliers, and perhaps many time larger than all of them and us put together.

Ken

Rex Tyus

HD/chemwho probably spends more on their retainer for in house attorney's than driease grosses.

I agree with you about Home Depot but Chemwho I would question. There sales volume isn't what they pretend. I doubt Home depot keeps a very close eye on CD. The CD division would not want to bring in the parent company. In fact I would be willing to bet they(CD) would rather keep them (HD) as in the dark as possible.

Fon Johnson

I find it immature and selfish to actually expect another business to risk losing everything to stand up for you. Like I said, Jon Don has a lot to lose either way. Lisa and Jeff don't expect them to take up the cause, why should you?

Greenie

In fact I would be willing to bet they(CD) would rather keep them (HD) as in the dark as possible.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
At this point HD has not entered into this battle, HRI is using their own funding. When you look at sales, you realize that of all the companies involved in this battle, US Products, owned by Nilfisk-Advance is the powerhouse. Considering all of their holdings and subsidiaries they far out weigh even Home Depot.

Dri-eaz and Mytee both have the funds to see this through as well. There is great evidence on "our" side, much excellent prior art and the likelihood of success is extremely high. Look for a conclusion in the Spring/Summer of next year.

This is going to be one hell of a year for our industry...so much change, so many grabs for power, money and control, most have no idea what a pivotal time it is for all of us.

All of you need to get involved to do your part to direct this industry's control away from the money grabbers. Don't sit back and expect that the Jim Pemberton's, Dan Mabesoone's, Joe Arrigo's and the rest who have worked so hard and been so vocal will take care of everything for you. This industry is teetering on the brink. Our founding fathers fought hard to keep control in the hands of the independent...don't be apathetic and allow all their hard work to be for naught. Don't just assume that if you run a good business and your customers love you that you will be unaffected. These changes will effect every one of you eventually.

Mark my words, 2007 and 2008 will prove to be the pivotal years in our industry. So much 'shit' is hitting the fan at the same time, from so many different angles right now that a lot of people and companies are going to have a tough time keeping the splatter off of them. Many thought they were immune to reproach...many have worked to keep 'the masses' like a crop of mushrooms; in the dark and fed bullshit. It's time to turn on the lights. A few brave souls are flipping the switches....now it's time for all of you to open your eyes and see what's been revealed.

Apathy is the great destroyer of society. It is safe and easy...but safe and easy doesn't make history.

Take care,
Lisa

Bob Foster

Lisa, you having a tough day? Most of us are very concerned and looking to do the right thing.

Support independents
Speak up and tell others
Look to put the carpet cleaners back in control of the associations.

We need more people like you. Your situation is the fight for all of us.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom