GreenGlides wouldn't exist if it weren't for Mikey P...

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Without Mikey P. GreenGlides never would have got off the ground...it was his idea and he pushed us to make it a reality. The only thing bigger than Mike's ego is his heart.

Who here has also been influenced in a positive way by Mikey? Please detail your story and send it to me in a PM or email (truckmountgirl@gmail.com) this week.

Thanks and take care,
Lisa

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I have been on the various boards a little over 2 years, some people can remember me and mikey had it out, I don't think at first we cared for one another, but over time I think both of us learned that it was more fun to laugh at the jabs we took at one another. I found myself entertained by mikey pushing the limits, calling people on their crap, exposing hypocrisy, and generally calling a spade a spade. after a while some could not understand mikeys way of doing things, and complained so he got baned from ICS, which turned that board into nothing, in fact I don't even go there any more, I have learned so many things that have made me a better more efficient cleaner, and much of its due to mikey makeing the boards interesting, hell who knows If it where not for mike's early glide posts heaven forbid I myself might still be running glideless, imagine that.

I think the guy is interested in what works best and giving his customers the best job possible,

harryhides

Name
Tony
I think this this Poll says it quite well. Imagine what the Poll results would have been just two years ago?

What do you use?
1 1/2 wand, no whip 11% [ 15 ]
1 1/2 wand, -10+ whip 18% [ 23 ]
1 1/2 wand, 20+ whip 3% [ 5 ]
2" wand with a 1.5 whip 2% [ 3 ]
2" wand, no whip 39% [ 50 ]
2" wand , 2" whip to 2.5 hose. 19% [ 25 ]

1.75 wand, no whip 1% [ 2 ]
1.75 wand 1.5 whip 0% [ 1 ]
1.75 wand 2" whip 1% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 126

Without Glides there sure wouldn't be many 2" wands around.

Reactions: SamIam

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
certainly not mine...

Got it free, but turned it down 1st...talked to greenie, went back to the guy and said "on 2nd thought ill take that big bitch....got the 4 jet manifold put on and woooooaaaa shes a cleaning machine

Mikey P

Administrator
To be honest I have quite a bit of guilt about "Forcing" Lisa and Jeff into this nightmare...

When you got idiots like Bristor and his sheep and even Nick of all people, who think the put all those millions of dollars of Legal Fund donations back into their business.
They think the few hundreds of donations was going to hire them a lawyer for the duration of the suit., Good god I bet it went to putting food on their table and a free glide for some guy in bumfuck Egypt with a bum back and no money. To question what they did with that money when they've been running in the deep red for 4 years now is ludicrous.

I have seen GG's tax return and if any of you think for a second that they are making any money in this you are greatly mistaken.

Lisa did better cleaning Sections 8s.

THANK YOU Lisa and Jeff!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Mikey has made a forum where people who buck the system can give voice and effect change. If not the gap between the rich and poor will continue to expand. Advertisers , distributors and suppliers who support imposed greedy regulators will eventually tell us what equipment/chemicals that we can and cannot use. That's not a bright future. Perhaps this board can deter it!
Rob.

• Eyeroll
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

ShawnB

From my understanding it was Bristor that first sold Mikey a glide.

So if it weren't for Bristor...GreenGlides actually wouldn't exist. Mikey was just the middle man.

I love my GreenGlide though ;)

Thanks.

Becker

Name
Becker
Mike tries to act like a big old ornithologist.

That's right I said it. And I mean it.

If it gets me the boot so be it.

Mikey P

Administrator
Boy I cant recall 100% but I think I got my first CC from Taf.

I probably used a dozen or more Glides before Bristor ever handled them.

And I never bought one from him...

Only thing I ever got from him directly was his White Knight dual SM sprayer.

Fon Johnson

Every time my hoses come apart and slap me in the head, I think to myself how I'd rather get slapped in the head with the hoses than to actually buy cool cuffs.

The Preacher

i take exception when i tell him i gotta go when we're on the phone, and he tells me to GFY and just rudely hangs up on me!!!

i hope he gets his props from whatever campaign is going on. the vacuum left by Bob Wittkamp passing needs to be filled, he may have the feet to fill the shoes!!!

Fred Homan

I don't think sooooo.....LOL....Aren't you known as lurch? Lurch is not exactly good looking.....LOL....

Reading between the lines here

The title here is "BDCC". You try to belittle struggling carpet cleaners to pony up for high priced supplies, BB dues, and performance items and then imply that the same suppliers are not making any money off said items. BS! If one could not turn a profit when a single glide sale yields $140 or more each, something it wrong. You stated one could make more money cleaning section 8's, not going to pass here either. I had all this counties section 8's for 7 yrs for replacements and cleaning. I could turn a small profit on each one but could not keep employees to work in that environment. Not to mention the 120 days late on 1000's that were owed to us each month. You will not make very much with one truck cleaning section 8's!!!!

How about this BDCS trying to feed off the bb's! More like it.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Harley I hope to God you are using a glide. You are the second rated cleaner in the nation. If you are not expect to drop down in the 20's with Marty.

Golden Boy

• Haha

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm a bit shocked that a so called "Businessman" like Harley dosnt' see the big picture.

To think that a living can be made from Glide sales AT THIS POINT is just plain idiotic.

I have glides, many of them. Ratings, don't mean much to me. $$ at the end of the day and the smile on my clients face is what matters to me.

BDCS!

Yea that's it, Mikey said so himself

Mike were are not referring to now, we were speaking of the past. 2007 is not over yet.

Profits were made. How they were spent is another story.

Business man I am. Profits I watch closely.

Fred Homan

Amen Mikey....I just ordered a Greenhorn 14" with hole glide from Lisa today Pimped out....I told her....I can't wait! It will give me an erection....LOL.....

harryhides

Name
Tony
Harley, have you ever developed thirty plus new variations of several products with all the inevitable tweaking of every single one, had to pay for marketing just to get your name out there, sent products ( that you've paid for), out to suppliers that will one day pay you? Do you really think it is just a matter of making a few phone calls to get a bunch of distributors to carry your product and without any up front costs?
Who do you think pays for all the trial and error that did NOT work. All that is long before the legal burdens started. When Lisa did section 8's she had no employees and so I'd say that most of your post above is based on a whole lot of misinformation.
Sure sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder about something here.

Anyone that says that they can't afford $5.00 a month for anything is full of shit and shouldn't be in business. I'll bet everyone of them can afford beer, cigs and junk food every single day. If they don't want to donate that's fine but don''t tell me it's because they have more cost effective ways to advance their business or things that they could easily cut out if they wanted to.
And for Harley to be bitching about it on behalf of these folks is just BS.

Try to see a bit beyond just a bulletin board. There's a whole lot more going on here than that if you could just open your eyes and get past
the lousy 16.5 cents a day that you've got stuck it your craw.

If you had ever met Jeff and Lisa you'd know just how wrong you are.

Hey hold on, Greenie and Lisa are very helpful to this industry. It was not I who brought their names out. I only added too what was posted. Being a business owner, if profits were not inline with the work load, would it not make sense to make a change?

"If you always do as you always have, you will always have what you've always had"

Good night!

harryhides

Name
Tony
Harley, do you really imagine for a minute the Jeff and Lisa sat down and drafted a business plan of how much capital they would need to enter into the manufacturing and distribution business. Do you think they did market studies and prepared marketing plans and had this whole thing worked out ahead of time. Something that neither one of them had the slightest bit of experience with?

If you do, then you are truly NUTS !!

Even if they had done it like an experience MBA surely you know that very few manufacturing enterprises have ANY profit for the first few years.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
small question BDCS is what?

Tenacity is a major asset for success in business,so to answer the question on that...

They would have succeeded in any venture they set there mind too...
For they have serious tenacity.I am sure when this hr thing is over an as decades pass,they will still be standing...

I will also say that when you order from them,expect it very fast,not like my order for window supplies 11 days ago...

They should market a service manual for other companies to follow.Some places are ,well you guys/gals know.We all have horror stories from catalogs and e bay,I am sure...

How many on line places need help in that area...HMMM...

Broke D--k Cleaning Supplier
You know, opposite of BDCC

Very few in this industry has the drive the Green team has. That said, if profits were not good enough for them or any other supplier to make a good living, they would certainly want to move on to greener pastures. Whether it be a larger supplier, a cleaning company, both or otherwise.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom