Greg Cole Coupon King.

Mikey P

Administrator
jcooper said:
When I worked for a place like that we got 30%. It was the worst, had to buy own chems and pay equipment rental.

Those that were not good at upselling would get the worst and farthest(like an hour)away jobs! Also had to use our own vehicles.

Guys would come to the shop the next day and brag about how they charged some old couple in a large trailer 500 bucks!

That's when we went on our own.

Yep...

in my case we got our first job of the day only. after we called in with the total we got another job.

When we didn't up sell the asshole manger would send us on a wild goose chase to see if another guy's job finally got home or a no show from yesterday. If we sold a little we would get a basic job not to far away, if we really raped the old lady we somehow got a 5 roomer just down the street.

randy

Name
Randy
Willy P said:
It is very easy to do 5-7 jobs in a 12 hour day. Quality is easily achieved

BULLSHIT> PLAIN AND SIMPLE BULLSHIT

Telly, Mikey and Lisa- BINGO~! 12 hour days? Sweatshop work for a lard assed bullshitter.
How much overtime do you pay? The laws are really clear on this:
Overtime Pay

Overview

The federal overtime provisions are contained in the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Unless exempt, employees covered by the Act must receive overtime pay for hours worked over 40 in a workweek at a rate not less than time and one-half their regular rates of pay. There is no limit in the Act on the number of hours employees aged 16 and older may work in any workweek. The Act does not require overtime pay for work on Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, or regular days of rest, unless overtime is worked on such days.

The Act applies on a workweek basis. An employee's workweek is a fixed and regularly recurring period of 168 hours — seven consecutive 24-hour periods. It need not coincide with the calendar week, but may begin on any day and at any hour of the day. Different workweeks may be established for different employees or groups of employees. Averaging of hours over two or more weeks is not permitted. Normally, overtime pay earned in a particular workweek must be paid on the regular pay day for the pay period in which the wages were earned.

BottomFeeders.jpg

Overtime pay ? If he is still using independent contractors that doesn't even enter the picture.

randy

Name
Randy
Greenie said:
I just wasted another 5 mins. of my life reading this thread....and the only thing I got from it was...Greg is a complete dumbass, and possibly a liar.

If you really did spend a full hour "talking" with Lisa, you wouldn't have made that stupid comment about her bailing on her cleaning company to pursue glides for the money. And so I'm inclined to suggest you sir are a liar as well as a slave driver.

You are damned lucky you are there, and I am here, I can stand stupid phuckers like you, who run their mouth without really knowing wtf you are talking about.

And that is coming from her ex-husband....

randy

Name
Randy
Mikey P said:
jcooper said:
When I worked for a place like that we got 30%. It was the worst, had to buy own chems and pay equipment rental.

Those that were not good at upselling would get the worst and farthest(like an hour)away jobs! Also had to use our own vehicles.

Guys would come to the shop the next day and brag about how they charged some old couple in a large trailer 500 bucks!

Yep...

in my case we got our first job of the day only. after we called in with the total we got another job.

When we didn't up sell the asshole manger would send us on a wild goose chase to see if another guy's job finally got home or a no show from yesterday. If we sold a little we would get a basic job not to far away, if we really raped the old lady we somehow got a 5 roomer just down the street.

Reminds me of a girlfriend I once had, " I thought I was the only one ". I too worked for a bunch of B&S companies before going out on my own. I will have too start a thread on that, too funny to even think about some of those places.

randy

Name
Randy
randy said:
Mikey P said:
jcooper said:

Yep...

Reminds me of a girlfriend I once had, " I thought I was the only one ". I too worked for a bunch of B&S companies before going out on my own. I will have too start a thread on that, too funny to even think about some of those places.

When you really think about it a B&S company is just another validation of this industry, as a money maker. The fact that they can survive and thrive in this industry is in a weird , sort of pathetically twisted way , pretty encouraging.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
the company(americlean aka millers aka procare) I worked for spent 20,000$ a month on ads, that's why they were busy.

They get enough bad press about millers the next weeks ads said americlean. All the phone numbers were the same....

The place had about 30 subs - most of them suck. Maybe 5-10 of them were ringers. They used the other 20 spots to find the next ringer.

Whats even funnier, they were in the better business bureau! Most of them are.

Past is the past, I'm thankful for that place - it showed me I could make money in this Biz just by being honest.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
One thing for Greg to understand being in this environment; we've spent many a thread talking about "actually CLEANING" the carpet. Just ask anyone that pads or encaps only or anyone that doesn't prevac, about the busting they took on many threads. For the most part, many on here are trying to do the very best job they can, in the most efficient way they can, and to charge the max they can to give the customer/client the best value for their dollar and also to make the most for each hour they are working.

Also, understand that for myself, as an O/O, my marketing is geared to explain to people how a carpet SHOULD be cleaned. I tell them its not a race to see how fast the tech can finish, or how many he can get finished in a day, its about doing the job right so that they KNOW their carpet is clean. When I hear about a tech trying to clean 5 houses in a day, even with a TM, I'm thinking he's moving way too fast. He may make the carpets LOOK clean, but he's left a lot.
So you market based on price, and I am marketing based on quality of work.
Should make for interesting threads in the future.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Ron Werner said:
One thing for Greg to understand being in this environment; we've spent many a thread talking about "actually CLEANING" the carpet. Just ask anyone that pads or encaps only or anyone that doesn't prevac, about the busting they took on many threads. For the most part, many on here are trying to do the very best job they can, in the most efficient way they can, and to charge the max they can to give the customer/client the best value for their dollar and also to make the most for each hour they are working.

Also, understand that for myself, as an O/O, my marketing is geared to explain to people how a carpet SHOULD be cleaned. I tell them its not a race to see how fast the tech can finish, or how many he can get finished in a day, its about doing the job right so that they KNOW their carpet is clean. When I hear about a tech trying to clean 5 houses in a day, even with a TM, I'm thinking he's moving way too fast. He may make the carpets LOOK clean, but he's left a lot.
So you market based on price, and I am marketing based on quality of work.
Should make for interesting threads in the future.

great post! You have a great marketing plan for an o&o. Focusing on expectatiions and benefits will justify your prices. As long as you don't compare yourselk to price based companies: you will do fine.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
don't even consider them competition. The priced based guys are the ones I refer people for move-out cleaning or for budget cleaners. SO its good to know who's around, how well they do do.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Clean 5-7 jobs a day if you want.

I found that you can make a lot more by working a lot less.

Over a $340 job average this week.

Beats working your ass off and running like a chicken with it's head off for chimp change.

rick imby

Name
Rick
Greg don't you have two man teams? Lets see Lisa says 3 jobs in a day by herself 5-7 jobs per day with two man teams is the same amount of work per person over a longer time period.

I believe Greg's crews have less travel time because i am assuming with as many jobs per day as they schedule they have a fairly small area covered by each of the crews.

Someone talked about overtime but that is not relevant in business to business relationships. Greg is not their employer he hires their company.

Different business models. Some people get paid $250 an hour to learn to botch tile jobs while others build systems to manage and keep other people busy. Systems to follow up and check on subcontractiors work.

If your business is growing by 40% in a year and you had 40% repeat then that is actually 66% repeat on last years numbers.

rick imby

Name
Rick
Mikey P said:
So can you do 5 to 7 porty jobs a day 6 days a week Rick?

No way I am old and retired. I clean carpet for beer money---And to get away from my website business.

Mikey P

Administrator
Have you ever cleaned 3 bed rooms, a stair case, a living/dining rm, family rm, 3 scatter rugs, two bath rooms a sofa and 4 dr chairs with a portable Rick?

Do you know how many 5 gallon buckets that equals?

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Mikey P said:
Have you ever cleaned 3 bed rooms, a stair case, a living/dining rm, family rm, 3 scatter rugs, two bath rooms a sofa and 4 dr chairs with a portable Rick?

That would be alot of buckets. Something that large would likely receive a truckmounted contractor

rick imby

Name
Rick
Mikey P said:

It depends a lot on how dirty.
My porty is auto fill auto dump. steamin Demon. I don't work in 5 gallon buckets. My friend works with a Mytee and a rotovac 360.

To answer how many 5 gallons he usually gets 3 rooms per 10 gallons depending on how dirty. I would guess around 30 gallons--three fills of the porty but there are a lot of variables.

Yes I have done six rooms and a stairway but I don't like to do furniture so I don't do it.

I have the luxury of cleaning for pocket money. I make my living with websites and a physical job is a great excape from my office. I seo'd my friends website and I do his overflow when I want. Unlike working as a sub for Greg I get 100% because I got his site to Number One in less than two months--it has stayed there for the last six months--. I also work with him on some of his big jobs.

I have been the boss for the last 30 years I really like being the Chimp...or you could say the chimp with an edge.

Rick

Dave Yoakum said:
Beats working your ass off and running like a chicken with it's head off for chimp change.
Yeah but Gregs not...He has other people out there working there arses off and putting money in his pocket...

I think Greg is a smart business man...He lives in an area that supports his business/marketing plan....I think every area is different and your business/marketing plan needs to be geared toward the specific region that you live in....

At the end of the day it sounds like Gregs making a lot of money and I think that in the end what really matters is how much cash your putting in your pocket....

rick imby

Name
Rick
Mikey P said:
Rick have you ever cleaned with a truckmount for a week or more?

No Mikey I haven't. Didn't I read on another post that Greg has had some of his subs for several years?

I recall reading that Duane Ox sold some of his subs tms also.

If some of the people working for Greg are only making $12 an hour after expenses that is about what many of you are paying your employees isn't it? While you are making $100 per hour how much are your employees making?

There is a reason they work for Greg. Not everyone can handle all the different parts of being on their own. That is why a lot of people work for other people.

Greenie

10 gal. on three rooms?

Back when i was counting (estimating), I would say I used 10 gal. in ONE room, especially if it was dirty.

I think that is part of the negative perception of porties....because it's just more of a PITA to fill and dump, you clean til it looks ok and move on, knowing damn well the next 10 gal. refill is just a room away and it's tempting to stretch it out.

That is why I would choose a porty with autofill and APO and park that sumbich in a bath and run some hose.

John Spezia

In my area the bait and switch guys are slowly disapearing.

If Greg was smarter he would take his marketing plan and go from splash & Dash subs to clean cut and trained employees. Then gear his advertising to high end homes. Raise his prices to over industry standards and make 70% more money then what he is doing now.

My company is a hard surface cleaning & restoration company. We just started to clean carpet and upholstry. My carpet cleaning prices average around $.75/sqft with protector and 6 month warranty. $3/sqft to clean a wool rug.

What I'm doing is educating my high-end clients on how their carpets and rugs should be cleaned to maintain your carpet warranty. I ask them what they pay for carpet cleaning and the prices shock me. I cant believe how a carpet cleaner can charge so cheap for carpet cleaning. Carpet cleaning is way more work then cleaning tile....

greg if you pre-vac and educate your customers you will make more money..

Chris A

Name
Chris
John Spezia said:

If Greg was smarter he would take his marketing plan and go from splash & Dash subs to clean cut and trained employees. Then gear his advertising to high end homes. Raise his prices to over industry standards and make 70% more money then what he is doing now.

My company is a hard surface cleaning & restoration company. We just started to clean carpet and upholstry. My carpet cleaning prices average around $.75/sqft with protector and 6 month warranty. $3/sqft to clean a wool rug.

What I'm doing is educating my high-end clients on how their carpets and rugs should be cleaned to maintain your carpet warranty. I ask them what they pay for carpet cleaning and the prices shock me. I cant believe how a carpet cleaner can charge so cheap for carpet cleaning. Carpet cleaning is way more work then cleaning tile....

Didn't you just say you do like 2 carpet jobs a month?

John Spezia

Yea I do 1-2 carpet jobs a month. I advertise it to my existing clients only. I'm a stone guy..LOL I have the equipment to clean fabric.... Maybe someday I'll own a carpet cleaning company.....

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
John Spezia said:

Ok- I'll do it. I will throw away a $5 mil + business and change my ways because you feel it is best! shiteatinggrin Afterall you run those kind of numbers right? Iseeru

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom