Greg Cole Coupon King.

John Spezia

Ok- I'll do it. I will throw away a $5 mil + business and change my ways because you feel it is best! Afterall you run those kind of numbers right?
I'm no where near that. Good to hear you have a great income from charging low prices. Can you explain how you do it. I'm missing something here. I charge big bucks for my services and for the last 4 years im grossing just about a quarter mill a year.....

How do you do it $5mill a year.. WOW Please tell me....

Thanks

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
John Spezia said:
Ok- I'll do it. I will throw away a $5 mil + business and change my ways because you feel it is best! Afterall you run those kind of numbers right?
I'm no where near that. Good to hear you have a great income from charging low prices. Can you explain how you do it. I'm missing something here. I charge big bucks for my services and for the last 4 years im grossing just about a quarter mill a year.....

How do you do it $5mill a year.. WOW Please tell me....

Thanks
Sure, I do many of the things that many of the people here hate me for while not doing many of the things they hate me for. shiteatinggrin

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
John,

He has like 30-40 hackatoshish chimps...errr...i mean subs doing whole house specials for $85, oh wait, add another $120 for prespray...and most of them use pick-up trucks or suvs...and porty's....he's got the bait-n-switch thing down to a science. Bottom line: He pays people to rip-off other people.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
royalkid said:
John,

He has like 30-40 hackatoshish chimps...errr...i mean subs doing whole house specials for $85, oh wait, add another $120 for prespray...and most of them use pick-up trucks or suvs...and porty's....he's got the bait-n-switch thing down to a science. Bottom line: He pays people to rip-off other people.

irony is my prices are still less than yours! Who is really ripping off the customer you poser?
What's that old saying? He doesethprotest too much? You accuse others of gouging too much!

harryhides

Name
Tony
This whole pricing argument is circular and pointless.

A cheap Porty ( relative to a TM ) is going to take longer and clean out less soil.
But then again to a customer used to Bissel or Rug Doctor cleaning standards, a large, shiny Porty might look like a huge improvement

A low psi/flow rate TM using a 2 step MO, is going to take less time than a high psi/flow rate TM using a 22 step MO and remove less soil but to the custy both will produce a "clean" carpet and the cheaper TM guy will "look" like a better deal to some customers.

Another way of looking at pricing is from both the cleaner's OR the customer's viewpoint is time i.e. dollars per hour of time spent.

As for real "rip offs", charging for Protector and spraying Scotch-mist or Deo IS a rip off that hurts the industry, no question.
Did Chem Dry's scare tactics of mold formation from HWE for so many years do as much damage - who knows but both are examples of
DISHONESTY. It seemed to work for them for decades, same goes with Bane Clean's 120psi and 85 degree cleaning temps or the carpet will be ruined, routine.
Another huge negative for our industry is cleaners that leave so much detergent that rapid re-soiling is the result - causing Customers, Installers and Retailers to all advise "put off cleaning for as long as possible" or "too much cleaning will ruin your carpet".

Which is worse - Overcharging or under-delivering ?

Bottom line is that no-body can remove ALL soil from a carpet, rendering it "CLEAN" we are talking about degrees of "CLEANER" carpet.
Is a Big Mac, a rip-off, is a Chris Ruth steak, a rip-off ? Customer will decide every time.

John Spezia

Wow... greg, if your making $5mill per year I think it's time I head down to your area and start making some cash!!!!!! Here in NY it's great.. My prices are just right.

I sent 2 crews down to Atlanta last month to flood work (They got like 13"of rain in 2 days) We did 9 floods.. The homes were high-end homes... The north part of Atlanta.... We charged the right prices for the mitigation work.

I have to look into opening up a office in Atlanta...

Can you picture A hard working Yankee Company tearing Shit-up in Atlanta.. You see, guys in the north are money hungry and will put nothing in their way to make money. I call it GREED, working 7 days a week 20 hours a day.. (i'm suprised I'm still married..LOL)

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
John Spezia said:
Wow... greg, if your making $5mill per year I think it's time I head down to your area and start making some cash!!!!!! Here in NY it's great.. My prices are just right.

I sent 2 crews down to Atlanta last month to flood work (They got like 13"of rain in 2 days) We did 9 floods.. The homes were high-end homes... The north part of Atlanta.... We charged the right prices for the mitigation work.

I have to look into opening up a office in Atlanta...

Can you picture A hard working Yankee Company tearing Shit-up in Atlanta.. You see, guys in the north are money hungry and will put nothing in their way to make money. I call it GREED, working 7 days a week 20 hours a day.. (i'm suprised I'm still married..LOL)

come on! Btw: but be sure to watch deliverance first! Squeal boy! Squeal!

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
admiralclean said:
gregcole said:
LMAO! The only fools my mother raised are my sisters!

She didn't raise them to be differential to men I bet!

Have their husbands call me for advice.

It's DEFERENTIAL ya fookin' ignorant, misogynistic, redneck!

Deferential means to show respect/submission. Root word to defer.
Differential is the rear end of a car!

Take care,
Lisa

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
depends on how well the differential is holding up :wink:

There are lots of custies out there that are far happier with the porty work than they were with the last TM guy. All depends on the dude behind the wand. There are a lot of people out there that can only afford that low price cleaner.
Gets back to that saying, you can serve the classes and live with the masses OR
You can serve the masses and and live with the classes.

Challenge is, in serving the masses, one can't provide the highest quality work or else his overhead will be his downfall.

rick imby

Name
Rick
As a formerly married man I think the differential usually quits going in reverse about three months after the ring bearing is installed by the engineer.

I think that is time frame when the deferential becomes the differential and the former rear end starts openly leading the front end.

The size of the rear differential usually is directly proportional to the time distance from the ring bearing installation.

Rick

Greenie

I thought Lisa's reply was very crafty.
Then I was pleasantly amused at Ron's.....who knew Happy could be Funny as well?
But Rick's was very good.

rick imby

Name
Rick
Greenie your divorced status is rearing it's ugly deferential differential.

My backward way of saying thank you.

Rick

S

sam miller

Mikey P said:
Greg

How often do you change up your offer or the design of your ad?

The BnS I worked for would change the price form 12.95 to 15.95 every other month but that was it for years and years.
Is that Millers or you counting preferred in there also???

Do you run holiday themed cards?

Do you target snooty hoods with higher priced "specials"?

Do repeat customers ever call and not expect or want a discount?

What is your normal room or sq ft rate? and how many sq ft constitute a "room"?

What will be your death row last meal?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.682200,-118.174209

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Brian R said:
No way I'm reading 4 pages just to get up to speed.

Can somone summerize? lol

You could memorize wikipedia in it's entirety and still not be up to speed. :roll:

Cole runs a scam business.
The End. (Reader's Digest version)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Wikapedia is made up of dumbass posts from dumbass people....Not unlike the one you just posted. :mrgreen:

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
gregcole said:
John Spezia said:
In my area the bait and switch guys are slowly disapearing.

If Greg was smarter he would take his marketing plan and go from splash & Dash subs to clean cut and trained employees. Then gear his advertising to high end homes. Raise his prices to over industry standards and make 70% more money then what he is doing now.

My company is a hard surface cleaning & restoration company. We just started to clean carpet and upholstry. My carpet cleaning prices average around $.75/sqft with protector and 6 month warranty. $3/sqft to clean a wool rug.

What I'm doing is educating my high-end clients on how their carpets and rugs should be cleaned to maintain your carpet warranty. I ask them what they pay for carpet cleaning and the prices shock me. I cant believe how a carpet cleaner can charge so cheap for carpet cleaning. Carpet cleaning is way more work then cleaning tile....

greg if you pre-vac and educate your customers you will make more money..
Ok- I'll do it. I will throw away a $5 mil + business and change my ways because you feel it is best! shiteatinggrin Afterall you run those kind of numbers right? Iseeru

Net matters, not gross. With margins that small, at least based on the prices I'm seeing tossed around here, and what appears to be being paid to the tech's - there is not much margin there to be cocky about.

But... you're probably making enough money to buy some of Brian's shakes. And if your techs lose weight, and get faster, they can add an extra job per day and then you can boost it to $5.5 mil gross a year, and the techs will be a little less gross themselves.

Just please don't post any topless photos...

Actually Greg... I'm sure you run a good business, or you team helps run it... because you get to come play on the forums a lot, and you can't do that unless your biz is running okay... or you are going out of business. =)

Lisa

P.S. Besides... everyone knows the real money is in rugs... and that you must own a Baby Badger to truly be successful, and you must badger your clients with emails 72 times a day also... apparently that is the true secret to success.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
DAmn....I've been marketing top the wrong "Carpet Cleaner".

As far as the topless thing goes.......oh nevermind.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Was that a salad bowl that was used for the haircut in that avatar Brian? Or just a weedwhacker trim?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom