Supportive Member
Name
Doug
DO IT LIKE THE PROCHEMS....

have one go back to the tank....or add one

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Little more info on what i'm wanting to try.

I just got another large SG fresh water tank that will run from the side door to the rear doors. On the top of the tank there is a 6" diameter cap that comes off for access to the tank.

If I have a large U-shape ss line bent and put in this cap then put "T's" in the lines to the HX's that reduce down to 1/4" and run 1/4" lines to this new tube in the water tank would that heat the water enough to raise the temp of the water coming out of the HX's ?

p.s. Also would just having the SS line bent so it goes from the top to the bottom and back up be long enough or should it be longer so as to bend the U-shape tube over like a "L" so it also runs the length of the tank?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I have recirculated water through my machine back to the freshy while I set up in a house and do light cleaning under furniture. In about twenty minutes to 1/2 hour you have a hot fresh tank.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the vortex tank had stainless coils running in the bottom of it......it tapped into the radiator and circulated the fluid threw them........as you drove it heated the fresh tank......

I still don't miss it......

Name
Bruce
Art Kelley said:
I have recirculated water through my machine back to the freshy while I set up in a house and do light cleaning under furniture. In about twenty minutes to 1/2 hour you have a hot fresh tank.
How many gallons?

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Jim Martin said:
the vortex tank had stainless coils running in the bottom of it......it tapped into the radiator and circulated the fluid threw them........as you drove it heated the fresh tank......

Was there a problem with that? Thats the basic idea of what I am wanting to do but split the heater lines back at the HX's not going to the radiator.

It would also only be 1/4" lines coming out of the 3/8" to get some heat in the tank.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Larry B said:
[quote="Jim Martin":5y9xlkta]the vortex tank had stainless coils running in the bottom of it......it tapped into the radiator and circulated the fluid threw them........as you drove it heated the fresh tank......

Was there a problem with that? Thats the basic idea of what I am wanting to do but split the heater lines back at the HX's not going to the radiator.

It would also only be 1/4" lines coming out of the 3/8" to get some heat in the tank.[/quote:5y9xlkta]

the way that the fresh tank on the Vortex was set up it never gave me any problems.....but......it was not just a matter of hooking up a few lines...some ran threw an HX before it went into the tank and some did not....also the thermostat was taken out of the factory housing and a in line thermostat housing was hooked up so the circulation was a bit different.......this way when it was cold it would not take forever to heat the tank and/or the cab of the truck.........I see no reason as to why it could not be routed threw the heater coil lines ....other then you are going to freeze your ass off in the winter waiting for everything to warm up.........

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Think it would work better to install shut off valves and not open them untill the van gets warmed up to normal?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
you could....but once you get the van heated up and open the valves the cold water around the coils are just going to cool it down.....how much temp loss is hard to say..to many variables....gradual heat up may be your best bet....

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I just bought a used SG, I get 240 degree water pretty much instantly, why do you need to pre-heat the water?

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
rhino1 said:
I just bought a used SG, I get 240 degree water pretty much instantly, why do you need to pre-heat the water?

I'm not running a propane heater. It's direct drive with 2 HX's

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
lol get a propane and be done with it

hahaha...theres one in the garage sale ifn i aint mistakin

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
when I was running the vortex in this desert heat...160 was all the fresh tank would give me.in the winter I lost about 20 degrees.....the pre heated fresh tank helped out warming things up...but IMO....the only real use I got out of it was filling my chemical jugs with warm water..........I don't even run with a fresh tank now and I really cant say that I miss it all that much.......

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Larry B said:
rhino1 said:

Yeah, so is mine - no propane on the Genie, won't be none either.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Larry B said:
At this point I havent got the temp past 170 on the gauge.

if you are talking about while you are cleaning....then a pre heated fresh tank is not really going to help you out any way...........even with the vortex tank and being a pto unit...sitting there running all day it still never got over 160..

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
It still boggles my mind why no truckmount manufacture makes an LG or diesel burner PTO machine. No restrictive plumbing for your water pump and blower. No rerouting the vehicles coolant system. Great Heat and Great suck. Hell If it was a diesel burner and utitlized a diesel van say a sprinter, duramax chevy/gmc, or Diesel cabover.. One fuel tank...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
rhino1 said:
Larry B said:
rhino1 said:

Yeah, so is mine - no propane on the Genie, won't be none either.

gonna have to say it....

PUSSY :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Jim Martin said:
[quote="Larry B":1dg1ta2v]At this point I havent got the temp past 170 on the gauge.

if you are talking about while you are cleaning....then a pre heated fresh tank is not really going to help you out any way...........even with the vortex tank and being a pto unit...sitting there running all day it still never got over 160..[/quote:1dg1ta2v]

I was thinking if the fresh water going in to the HX system was warm that the temp on the back side of the HX would be a little higher since the water wasnt so cold going in.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Jim Martin said:
all it is going to do is help you get to 170 a bit faster.....

So are the guys claiming 200+ with just HX on a SG just full of shit or how is this getting done?

On my other 47 the gauge shows a little higher heat but still nothing at 200+

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I am getting 230 to 240 on single wand setting on the thermal wave .....no fresh water tank...the HX is capturing the heat off the blower......

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
then you are probably going to be better off taking sweeney's advice and adding a different heater.....a pre heated fresh tank will not help you out as much as you are hoping for.........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Most run around 190 degree stats

Sent from droid while waiting for the stupid home owner to show the hell up so I can do my secound job......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom