Heating Water in Fresh Tank

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Larry,

If you are not getting over 200 Degrees out of that unit, something is seriously wrong with it. Not with the design, something has failed on your machine. A freeze could have collapsed HX tubes, or you have some serious scale buildup and/or coolant flow issues.

Remember, the outer cases on those HX's are the pressure side. Too high a pressure, either from mechanical failure of pressure control or freezing will collapse inner exchange tubes, thereby "pinching off" heat capacity, while still giving no other symptoms.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Shawn Forsythe said:
Larry,

If you are not getting over 200 Degrees out of that unit, something is seriously wrong with it. Not with the design, something has failed on your machine. A freeze could have collapsed HX tubes, or you have some serious scale buildup and/or coolant flow issues.

Remember, the outer cases on those HX's are the pressure side. Too high a pressure, either from mechanical failure of pressure control or freezing will collapse inner exchange tubes, thereby "pinching off" heat capacity, while still giving no other symptoms.
Any way to check them?

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
I just ran descaler for about 30 min. This got the temp up a little more but nothing to mention. I went and picked up a 195 thermostat I will install when the van cools back down. The gauge in the van shows 100 then 210. The needle is nowhere near the 210 so there is a chance its only running a 160 thermostat or maybe stuck open.

I also cracked open the bleeder valves and got a very small amount of air out of both HX's

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
bob vawter said:
Larry...i ALWAYS ran a 205 stat..........gotta order them special!

Where did you find them Bob? Thats what I run in my Jeep but the auto parts store said the most they could do for the chevy was 195

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I got my last one at Auto Value......
i know that Napa can get them.......
they don have them "on the shelf"
but they CAN order them......
don take no for an answer..............

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Bawb I found the 205 at Napa will be here in the morning.

Ordered 2 kinds of silencers to see what I like better.

New filter coming from John.

Going with electric heat and converter on fresh tank.

Now I just need to work on this pulsating pressure pump (or replace it) and the SG will be good to go/

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Larry B said:
I wish but no this one has been replaced with a cat pump
won't work...that's why it's pulsating....remember the brand new cat pump i sold a while back....some idiot tried to put it on a Genie.......NOT COMPATIBLE!!!
Cats are piston pumps where as the Wanners are diaphram.......
you'll NEVER get the shakes outta it......maybe a damper will hep...but i doubt it!

Para Plate pressure regulator or brass?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Larry B said:
Who has the Wanner?
Geeeeee.....let me think..........................................

ohh i do!
pumpreb.jpg

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
OK Bawb I went with your advice and with the new thermostat its holding 200 at 400psi. Everything on both sides of the blower is now plumbed with 3" on one side and 2 1/2" on the other. It will hold a solid 16HG with the GH on the floor.

My super duper SG will hit the streets as soon as the Silencer gets here.. (Hopefully soon). Should have listened to you there also!

Got the big SG fresh tank installed and didnt do the heat tubes to it since the thermostat took care of the HX problem.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
yor welcome

as soon as the Silencer gets here
remember sound is a sine wave...
it takes TWO expansion chambers to knock the top off each wave.....plumb yor silencer to a 3'" flowmaster UNDER the truck and she'll purr like a little kitten..........

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
bob vawter said:
yor welcome

as soon as the Silencer gets here
remember sound is a sine wave...
it takes TWO expansion chambers to knock the top off each wave.....plumb yor silencer to a 3'" flowmaster UNDER the truck and she'll purr like a little kitten..........
As I said above this is the one thing I didnt listen to ya on and now I am playing the waiting game to see if the silencer shows up...

rick imby

Name
Rick
Jim Martin said:
the vortex tank had stainless coils running in the bottom of it......it tapped into the radiator and circulated the fluid threw them........as you drove it heated the fresh tank......

I still don't miss it......

Isn't that How Bane works? Vortex and Bane Hmmmm.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Yes Bane used coils to heat water for 40 years now. Very trouble free.

My dad and I built stainless tanks for my Bane in 83 and went heavy copper for better transfer efficiency. They were still good 25 years later.

woodsey

Seems way to complicated when a post heat LG#2 will give you way more than you need without reinventing the wheel. Instant heat and no problems other than filling propane once in a while. I smile every day when I fire mine up and get really hot water in 30 seconds after keying the wand, especially in this weather up north. Jim is right , fresh tank heat will not give you what you want and will probably give you what you dont want, MORE PROBLEMS. You may not like propane but one thing it will do is flip it around where you wind up with to much heat and have to cut it back. Good luck with what ever you come up with and let us know how it turns out. Woodsey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom