Help from Vortex owners

clean one

:twisted: Marty you said you turned the PTO shaft, but there is i'm sure a key way on the shaft of the pto and i'm sure it has a set screw too , was the shaft just turning on the shaft of the pto and NOT turning the pump. Do you have a way to take a pic of it. I hope this makes sense to you.

I know its hard to repair over the internet and i haven't ran a V but i used to be a diesel mechanic yrs ago.
If i can be of any help 252-237-4058

hogjowl

Idiot™
Thanks, Ades ... but I have four experts already helping me and none of them agree. The latest was Yorkie. He had me crawl up under there and get all dirty again because he didn't believe me when I said the PTO shaft was good. After he got me all dirty, he then agreed that it seems there's nothing wrong with it. (I think he just wanted to see if he could make me crawl up under there in clean work shirt.

NOW, he's agreeing with Ted at Aerotec. Says it must be the PTO solenoid. A is overnighting one to me. I will put it on tomorrow, or Friday. If that doesn't work, then Shawn told me to take it to a PTO shop (is there such a thing?) and have them test the pressure of the transmission fluid going into the pto. The manual says to check the pto relay, but if there is one, I can't find it, and none of the experts have mentioned it, so far.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
It is in the panel box but just after we got done testing it hit me that if you have power everywhere they have to be good.....

Did you ask Shawn about the pressure switch.....

F

FB7777

Shawn York said:
Marty, If that's NOT the problem I'm sure we can find out what it is. It really is the most simple TM in the industry next to a Bane.

:shock: based on this thread alone, my Butlers are just a tad simpler

TimP

Fred Boyle said:
[quote="Shawn York":3mzi2rbo]Marty, If that's NOT the problem I'm sure we can find out what it is. It really is the most simple TM in the industry next to a Bane.

:shock: based on this thread alone, my Butlers are just a tad simpler[/quote:3mzi2rbo]

I have to agree the vortex seems a bit over complicated. That's why I like the idea of a slide in better, seems simpler with a genesis dxt. No heat exchanger oil to buy....plenty of stainless. Blower is coupled to the motor not a transmission.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
it is really not that complicated...everyone is look at this the wrong way.......the problem is they just don't break down that often so when something like this happens we are all not as experienced as everyone thinks trying to figure the problems out..for a lot of this ( myself included ) this is a learning curve.....as with other things....once you get the basic's it really is easy to work on...we are all going to break down from time to time..it is how you get threw it is what counts....

F

FB7777

I'm just razzin Shawn, you guys are trying to fix something remotely which always complicates resolving things quickly

gasaxe

you should be able to feel and or hear the solenoid when its activated. if you dont feel it clicking then its either not getting power or its bad.

I still say by your first description you got a gear issue where the pto mates to the tranny.

Bob Foster

Not being too familiar with the setup but I have to ask a question. On some trucks equipped with a PTO it is very hard on them if the truck is driven while the PTO is engaged.

Marty is there any chance you have done this by accident?

A better machine has an interlock on it to prevent this from being possible but I don't know about this one.

gasaxe

Bob Foster said:
Not being too familiar with the setup but I have to ask a question. On some trucks equipped with a PTO it is very hard on them if the truck is driven while the PTO is engaged.

Marty is there any chance you have done this by accident?

A better machine has an interlock on it to prevent this from being possible but I don't know about this one.

mine does. as soon as you attempt to put into gear it kicks out the pto. also wont let it engage unless trans is in neutral.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I was reading this post until I realized
IDGAS

actually I feel for you if it were a slide in I would make a couple suggestions but I haven't a clue on PTO

hogjowl

Idiot™
It could very well be a pto gear issue. In fact, if I get the solenoid on it and it fixes the problem I will be surprised. The thing is, without any way of detecting it, short of tearing it down and looking, who can say?

If the solenoid doesn't work, then off to some kind of farm equipment or dump-truck repair place I go.

Bob Foster

pigphone2.jpg

TimP

I don't know anyone on these boards that has more problems with stuff than Marty. And not anyone who gets more freaking attention from them either.

gasaxe

admiralclean said:
It could very well be a pto gear issue. In fact, if I get the solenoid on it and it fixes the problem I will be surprised. The thing is, without any way of detecting it, short of tearing it down and looking, who can say?

If the solenoid doesn't work, then off to some kind of farm equipment or dump-truck repair place I go.

i hope for your sake its the solenoid. A large diesel truck repair shop should have the ability to deal with the pto. Maybe not much else on the control side of the v. but they should have enough general knowledge of a pto.

F

FB7777

what is this day 2 and you still haven't got it worked out?

you gotta be the most dis-connected person alive

most any mechanical or technical is solved quickly by those who establish a network of service providers around their business

R

R W

As with alot of Marty's equipment and supplies, he probably got this V free.

So quit bitchin'

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom