Here is another video made by a Bonzer owner

J

JS41035

So far the only post I've ever had deleted was by Rotovac. I've never had anything but good to say about them in the past. But I gave my honest option of the Bonzer and it was deleted. It's funny. I would always laugh at Dad for getting so wound up about BB issues. Now 3 years after getting on the boards I'm doing the same thing. I've never hung out with Erik and I don't know the Rotovac people. So I'm not sure why this issue bugs me so much.
I've ran both tools. There is video of me running both tools. I am probably one of a few that has actually ran the Bonzer and the zipper on the exact same job , with my own machine I use everyday. I do know that the Rotovac guy at MF Nashville was constantly telling me the 'flaws' he saw. Erik didn't say a bad thing about the Bonzer. It reminded me of a bad Candid Camera episode.
I think we all know that there was a moment when the Rotovac guys had a Zipper on a table. The Bonzer sprang from that. The idea that it Evolved from an original invention just isn't honest IMO.
The Zipper we saw developed. Erik pushed on even when it wasn't added to the "must have " list from a lot of people on the BBs. Of course there were a lot that saw its potential.
Again I'm not sure why this issue is as annoying to me as it is.
Maybe I bought in to the comments that criticized other companies for copying a product or knocking off someone's design.
Either way I won't say any more about it

Rotovac

Name
Nick
The rotovac carpet brush head is indeed very very good, We will post a special offer to all MB'ers that haven't trolled us...

Last edited:

Rotovac

Name
Nick
Justin, I'm sorry someone deleted your post if indeed it was an honest review. The FB page and Masons network has been over run with Shills and trolls. I greatly appreciate Mike and Saiger staying out of it and remaining neutral. Our tool has been improved since the Nashville show and works well and people are not returning them... So that should tell you something

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
So far the only post I've ever had deleted was by Rotovac. I've never had anything but good to say about them in the past. But I gave my honest option of the Bonzer and it was deleted. It's funny. I would always laugh at Dad for getting so wound up about BB issues. Now 3 years after getting on the boards I'm doing the same thing. I've never hung out with Erik and I don't know the Rotovac people. So I'm not sure why this issue bugs me so much.
I've ran both tools. There is video of me running both tools. I am probably one of a few that has actually ran the Bonzer and the zipper on the exact same job , with my own machine I use everyday. I do know that the Rotovac guy at MF Nashville was constantly telling me the 'flaws' he saw. Erik didn't say a bad thing about the Bonzer. It reminded me of a bad Candid Camera episode.
I think we all know that there was a moment when the Rotovac guys had a Zipper on a table. The Bonzer sprang from that. The idea that it Evolved from an original invention just isn't honest IMO.
The Zipper we saw developed. Erik pushed on even when it wasn't added to the "must have " list from a lot of people on the BBs. Of course there were a lot that saw its potential.
Again I'm not sure why this issue is as annoying to me as it is.
Maybe I bought in to the comments that criticized other companies for copying a product or knocking off someone's design.
Justin, I feel much the same way you do. Maybe it's just all the board hype but some how I feel that Rotovac has soiled themselves by copying the Zipper. Yes I know that other things have been copied over the years but some how this feels different and I think it's hurting their reputation

Rotovac

Name
Nick
Ron, your near us. If you want to run the Zipper and Bonzer side by side your welcome to do a comparison in our show room and we can make a video review for the MB'rs.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Ron, your near us. If you want to run the Zipper and Bonzer side by side your welcome to do a comparison in our show room and we can make a video review for the MB'rs.
Your tool could be better than the Zipper but it wouldn't change my opinion. Maybe it's just a warped sense of something being wrong caused by all the negative hype on the board but I feel that it is such a blatant copy of the original, it cheapens the Rotovac brand. I have been a customer of your before and may be again. You have excellent products with the RV 360, xl and so on. I just don't think you need your own version of the Zipper too.

Last edited:
J

JS41035

Justin, it happens a little at a time...but eventually we become our fathers...including those things that used to annoy or puzzle us. :)
Dad would always go help the competition if they had a truck go down. Or loan them a truck if they were in the middle of a job. I thought he was just being gullible. With 5 kids at home he still wouldn't try to cut his competitions throat. Now I guess I see the point. We never focused on making a ton.
It stinks when you decide you might just wanna end up like your Dad.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Dad would always go help the competition if they had a truck go down. Or loan them a truck if they were in the middle of a job. I thought he was just being gullible. With 5 kids at home he still wouldn't try to cut his competitions throat. Now I guess I see the point. We never focused on making a ton.
It stinks when you decide you might just wanna end up like your Dad.
Justin, I got a great compliment today. I had a fellow carpet cleaner recommend me to one of his customers for a couple of loose rugs. While I was picking them up, she says, " I would like some of my upholstery cleaned. Instead of scooping the job for myself, I steered her back to the carpet cleaner who recommended me because it is in his territory. Later on he thanked me and asked if I could do a couple of jobs when he is on vacation. This is one of several companies I work for when they can't do it themselves. I leave their customers alone and they keep recommending me for things they don't do. I have a lot of respect for your dad and his attitude. You are doing pretty good too.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
It's funny. I would always laugh at Dad for getting so wound up about BB issues. Now 3 years after getting on the boards I'm doing the same thing.
You and me both - the soft-shoe shuffles on the head of the pin Rawknee pricked him with were legendary on the old board de jour. Glad he has mellowed or passed the baton.
:biggrin:
roro

Reactions: Mikey P

sealcanvas

Name
Ron Hunkins
Only I am allowed to designate an item a MB Must Have.

A CRB
SS clear head uph tool
A vacuum cleaner that edges
Low profile glided wand
RV Brush headed RE
Cimex
Service Monster

Still waiting on a SS Zipper for my 370, but I imagine it may be designated a MBMH.
Near the top of the "second tier of MBNTH (Mikey's Board Nice to Have) Seal-A-Door?....maybe!

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

When I read, or repeat, this quote, I think of men like your father Justin:

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give."

(This is often wrongly attributed to Winston Churchill. I admired him greatly, and enjoy his quotes, but that man would have never said anything that "warm and fuzzy " )

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Justin, I got a great compliment today. I had a fellow carpet cleaner recommend me to one of his customers for a couple of loose rugs. While I was picking them up, she says, " I would like some of my upholstery cleaned. Instead of scooping the job for myself, I steered her back to the carpet cleaner who recommended me because it is in his territory. Later on he thanked me and asked if I could do a couple of jobs when he is on vacation. This is one of several companies I work for when they can't do it themselves. I leave their customers alone and they keep recommending me for things they don't do. I have a lot of respect for your dad and his attitude. You are doing pretty good too.
We used to repairs for a lot of cleaning companies....they knew we were not going to steal their customers. At the end of the day, you have to be able to go to bed with a clear conscience.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
The rotovac carpet brush head is indeed very very good, We will post a special offer to all MB'ers that haven't trolled us...

Is your return rate under 95 percent yet or are they passing the 7 day point of no return?

I read somewhere there is a guy using a bronzer as a wheel chock, is that a designed feature?

FredC

Village Idiot
Nick,

Have you guys considered letting Lockhart "win" a bonzer, giving him a t-shirt, and letting him sell them on the side? Perhaps he won't be so rabid then.........

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I have not sold a zipper for profit (but you do make money from Rotovac here advertising)

My wife won a zipper 5 years ago at connections, but I already had an original dual draw blue zipper.

And yes if I like something and feel strongly about it, I WILL GLADLY WEAR A SHIRT AND A HAT AND SHOW MY SUPPORT FOR IT.

REMEMBER I USED TO WEAR A MIKEYSBOARD TSHIRT AT THE SHOWS, OH SNAP! THAT WAS BEFORE YOU CAME AROUND.

ALSO I ACTUALLY CLEAN SOMETIMES AND MY GUYS CLEAN EVERY WEEK, SO IMPUT FROM A CLEANER WILL ALWAYS CARRY MORE WEIGHT THAN SOMEONE WHO IS BEING PAID TO ADVERTISE FOR A COMPANY/

GLAD WE HAD THIS CHAT, HAVE A NICE DAY.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
image.jpeg
I like penguins.

Reactions: Kellie Hiler
Back
Top Bottom