Hit me up and you too can have my ergonomic wand valve.

Mikey P

Administrator
I understand the new Mytee wand will have a Joy Stick type handle with the flow switch up top

I'm guessing something like this..

marc_newson_jetpack-5.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Our first Steam Genie portables had a drag wand with an electric push button for solution. Click it on and a blue light lit up and the pump came on. Push it a second time and it turned it off. Looked cool but really UN-necessary. The other two we owned weren't electric.

F

FB7777

Earl sent me a Xerox copy of Dave's prototype handle design

The Ultimate wand handle for Hacks
image.jpg

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
The older stuff weighed a ton - but all that iron added rigidity. Many of the older machines would hold better tolerances than the newer stuff out there because of that.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The older stuff weighed a ton - but all that iron added rigidity. Many of the older machines would hold better tolerances than the newer stuff out there because of that.

It was a tank
donno about holding tight tolerances ......worked great crushing black walnut shells though .
I was 5 or 6 when I discovered i could crack nuts on it...WAY better than busting them (and my fingers) with a hammer on the stoop

bet i ate a bushel of black walnuts that fall and winter ...good childhood memories

..L.T.A.

Reactions: dgardner

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
What Dave is referring to is the handle on a Stanley wand. I've been trying to tell you guys for ever about the advantages of a stanley wand. I wouldn't do this biz without it.

Able 1

Name
Keith
What Dave is referring to is the handle on a Stanley wand. I've been trying to tell you guys for ever about the advantages of a stanley wand. I wouldn't do this biz without it.
I don't think so.. I had a ergo TI wand and I found it was worse then the original. That wand hurts my hands just looking at it!

Able 1

Name
Keith
If you could take the wand that Dan posted and rotate the handle back 45 degrees with a feather touch trigger you might be on to something..

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Not talking about Dave's invention.

The thumb joint is more vulnerable than the wrist joint.
So unless a tool takes the stress away from both, I can't see how something like the gun handle, is going to be an improvement.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I have had similar thoughts, except I would extend the trigger and make it two-finger, like an airless gun. I have many hours painting with an airless and I find the two-finger very comfy.

airless.png

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The handle may help some ole farts still slingin a wand every day
It will take presure points off one worn out part and put it on another

There are no cures for repetitive motion labor related issues
You can change the angle of a hammer handle. .
But you're still pounding nails and new areas will wear out in time regardless

Be the same..only different

Learn to wand from both sides left and right
Have good posture and eat right

You still wear out ..no way around that if physically working every day
But your shoulders joints and tendons will last longer by doing the above

Don't neglect to stretch/warm up too
That alone can make a difference

LTA

F

FB7777

This is just another Freeloader Marketing Forever scheme Brokum dreamt up

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
This is just another Freeloader Marketing Forever scheme Brokum dreamt up

I don't want to beat up Yokum.
as we talked about previously, there may very well be some old wandslingers with wrist, thumb/hand issues that will get some relief for a year or two..or til the new stress points wear....AND it's not a matter of "if", but when
Fortunately, hand/wrist issues beyond minor annoyance (waking up in the middle of the night with numb hands after a hard week) isn't something that's ailed/caused pain/arthritis for me..
but i know others like Dave and if i recall Marty mentioning similar hand issues.
those guys may get some relief for awhile

Don't see what it would do for guys like me where 20 years of pushing a wand put the hurt on the shoulders, not so much wrists/hands.
BEST thing that help shoulder wear are GLIDES....what a wonderful thing they are

My posture has always been good, back is sound , but also learned LONG ago to wand standing upright
(I see some wanding styles and see why many operators have bad backs)

ideally, the best thing is grow the biz to get off the truck, at minimum, charge enough to be able to keep a solid wingman on the van to share the wand load every day and/or send the wingman out by himself a day or two week (like schedule nothijg but empties one or two days a week) so you get some down time from physical labor
along with that, (and/or in lieu of) LEARN TO WAND FROM BOTH SIDES., stand upright, use different tools at times too (like RE and encRap when appropriate)

You young bucks in your prime tearing it now, pay attention to me...you'll will be fiddy-something before you know it...learn NOW to work "smart"
You can't avoid wearing out, but you can do much to not accelerate/exacerbate it

..L.T.A.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
ideally, the best thing is grow the biz to get off the truck, at minimum, charge enough to be able to keep a solid wingman on the van to share the wand load every day and/or send the wingman out by himself a day or two week (like schedule nothijg but empties one or two days a week) so you get some down time from physical labor
along with that, (and/or in lieu of) LEARN TO WAND FROM BOTH SIDES., stand upright, use different tools at times too (like RE and encRap when appropriate)

..L.T.A.

Damn good advice!

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Has anybody here seen a physical therapist about stuff like this. Are there any particular exercises, or gizmos like grip strengtheners? If I'm hurting... Heat or Ice, what's better?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Just did some revisions at the manufacturer yesterday. 3-4 week turn around time. I have two websites to work on www.ergowand.com and www.wand-eeze.com . Waiting on new product for video. Other parts are in the mail stream. 1st batch with be 25 units and then increasing increments to follow.

Reactions: dgardner

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom