Hose cuff glue?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I use Goop silicone. It holds well but if I need to, I can take a pair of channel locks and twist them off. With the flash/cool cuffs it's less of a problem as they swivel somewhat.

Reactions: Mikey P

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Black polyurethane caulking, it will never come off again. I also use to to make custom gaskets. The bottom of the Whittaker has it as a bumper. Don't get it on your skin, once dry has to wear off.

Reactions: dgardner

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    85.1 KB · Views: 300

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
I've never used anything to hold my hose cuffs on. I just always tighten them up at each job but they rarely need it.
Is this something I should be doing anyway?

Reactions: Scott S.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I always like the ability to remove and change cuffs. I normally use flash cuffs but when I am doing a large job where I need a pump out, I have to switch to regular cuffs to fit on the pump out machine. I use Goop brand silicone on the sections that I know I am not going to switch out. Just prevents the cuffs from working loose and creating air loss. I am often using 300 ft of hose, that's 6 sets of 50 ft hose and 12 cuffs. If only a few are leaking, that's a lot of air loss.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Gotcha...I use the flash cuffs as well and with my new vac hose they really fit nice. I do regularly check for air leaks and so far so good. But, I will get some of that Goop silicone and see if there is a noticeable difference.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
yor official adviser sez to get 3M Weatherstrip adhesive.........a little dab'll do ya!

small tube ...cheep.....black!

apply to hose bottom edge!

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
sure....even if you glue to the end of the cuff...
all you do is cut the hose at the cuff end
and spiral out the 2 or three inches of glued
hose...esy peesey..it comes right out...you might lose 3 inches of hose

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
sure....even if you glue to the end of the cuff...
all you do is cut the hose at the cuff end
and spiral out the 2 or three inches of glued
hose...esy peesey..it comes right out...you might lose 3 inches of hose
:eekk: Every inch counts with hose!

I mean seriously! Who wants 100 ft of solution hose and then your short a few inches of vac?! That ain't right....:shifty:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Every inch counts with hose!
aside from the obvious inside joke i could make here........

Kelly...how many times you gonna take it off and put it back on....usually only once.....
yous BETTER stop listenenin' to these yahoos on here and pay attention....if you were to somehow obtain all the knowledge that i know at one time....
yor hED would freekin explode...........

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
aside from the obvious inside joke i could make here........

Kelly...how many times you gonna take it off and put it back on....usually only once.....
yous BETTER stop listenenin' to these yahoos on here and pay attention....if you were to somehow obtain all the knowledge that i know at one time....
yor hED would freekin explode...........
No..I agree, I never have to take them off unless they crack or wear out and need replacing.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
No..I agree, I never have to take them off unless they crack or wear out and need replacing.

I don't glue on my fittings, just the reducer that goes inside. I tighten them automatically when I handle them.
I use the polyurethane sealant mostly for gaskets. It's also great if you want to create a bumper on a tool. Cured its almost as strong as rhino bed liner.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have had the hose tearing below the cuff and needed to cut the damaged piece off and replace the cuff. Doesn't happen too often but when it does, I want to be able to spin off the cuff and replace it on the new end. I find with the flash cuffs, I don't need to need tohave the cuff glued firmly in place as they swivel somewhat. Using the silicone usually prevents the cuff from coming loose but I am still able to twist them off with a pair of channel locks. I don't know, maybe I am playing with my hose too much.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom